Photo

Does The Regimen Make Your Skin Worse Before It Gets Better?

initial breakout flaky red burns cysts dry

2 replies to this topic

#1 kitkat123345

kitkat123345

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:27 PM

I was curious to whether or not my skin will get worse before it starts to heal if so about what week will i get an initial break out? My face already seems to be doing better cysts are drying up or coming to heads. Skin is getting really flaky and my face is red and sorta burns. If there is an initial break out how long will it last?

#2 ===

===

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:35 PM

Nobody can answer these questions for certain since it varies from person to person, but here's a general outline that's at least somewhat reliable:

http://www.acne.org/whattoexpect.html
Accutane log - month 6 of 6, 80mg/day

#3 Ilovemesomevanity

Ilovemesomevanity

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

yup. depends on what kind of acne you have surface acne, those will probably clear up really fast without much purging (the getting worse before it gets better) but since you talked about cysts, you might have a lot under your skin thats going to surface later. so normally you start breaking out around week 2, and then it can take anywhere from 2-3months or even 6 months to get completely clear. its different for everyone, but just stick with it! the worst thing you can do is stop or change your routine, itll mess everything up and be like youre starting over. good luck!

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You." - Dr. Seuss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users