Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Duac And Differin Log W/supplements

5 posts in this topic

Right let's get this started. Firstly not only is this a Duac and Differin log, I will also be experimenting with a dairy-free diet and I will also be taking supplements:

Day 1:

A.M:

1. Wash face with Cetaphill Gentile Skin Cleanser

2. Put on a small amount of Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Lotion (exfoilant)

3. Put Duac on

4. Moisturise using Cetaphill Moisturising Lotion.

Today for breakfast I'm having Oat cereal with Soya Milk. I'm going to test a low sugar/low gi diet for a few weeks.

After breakfast I'm taking 4 supplements:

1. 1 x Beta-Carotene (Provitamin A) 15 MG (25,000 IU)

2. 1 x Vitamin E (Mixed Tocopherols) (400 IU)

3. 3 x Zinc 10 MG (Zinc Citrate)

4. 1 x Omega 3 (Fish Oil) [3 times daily with meals]

PM:

1. Wash face with Cetaphill Gentile Skin Cleanser

2. Put on a small amount of Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Lotion (exfoilant)

3. Put Differin on

4. Moisturise using Cetaphill Moisturising Lotion.

I'm male and 20 years old. I've had acne since I was 13. I will be drinking lots of water and I will be updating this daily if possible. I have mild acne and a moderately dry skin combination.

I'm a sceptic about the effects of your diet on acne. So this will be new ground for me. Also I can't wait to see the results because I'd like to dis-prove or prove a few acne 'myths' to myself!

Good luck! Hopefully you get good results :)

SubhaanAllah

PM:

• Wash face with Cetaphill Gentile Skin Cleanser

• Put on a small amount of Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Lotion (exfoilant)

• Put Differin on

• Moisturise using Cetaphill Moisturising Lotion.

I might switch moisturiser as Cethaphill leaves a greasy feel to it. I don't think my skin absorbs it very well.

I appear to have a minor intial breakout. 2 small whiteheads on the left cheek have popped out and another 1 below the lip and another slightly bigger brother on the right cheek. This may be as a result of the Cetaphill Moisturising Lotion or the Duac. It looks like one from Duac though.

My mood is great though. Also I forgot to mention that I will no longer be popping any spots! I pop nearly everything I see! So let's see how we get on!

Day 2

No major change as expected yet. My skin feels a bit better and looks less red though. Good signs so far. No new spots when I woke up.