vitamin vitamins vitamin a fish oil omega-3 garlic ginger zinc

1 reply to this topic

#1 lmontgom

lmontgom

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

So I've decided to start taking Omega-3 supplements for the sole purpose of improving my skin. I've never really taken any supplements, so I was wondering what brand makes the most effective fish oil supplements. I've read good things about Nordic Naturals and Carlson Laboratories, but there are so many brands on the market that it's impossible to tell which one will be the most beneficial for my skin. I was thinking of going with Perricone MD Omega-3 capsules, since they also have other anti-inflammatory ingredients (tumeric, garlic, ginger) as well as DMAE and Vitamins E and B-Complex, but they're way too expensive. Ideally I'm looking for a brand that contains other vitamins and supplements that are good for the skin (zinc, Vitamin A, C, D, E, etc.), but I can't seem to find one like that. If I can find a good Omega-3, I was thinking of taking a separate supplement for hair/skin/nails, so if anyone has suggestions for a general skincare supplement that would be great as well (I read good things about the brand Enzymatic Therapy, as well as Perfect Skin from Genuine Health and Skin Elements from the Vitamin Shoppe).

Thanks for any input!

#2 AndersCh1m

AndersCh1m

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:09 PM

I usually go for Controlled Labs Oximega fish oil, it can usually be found for ~13$ a bottle. I get it for the concentration of DHA and EPA, but Nordic Naturals also has a great concentration of those. I'm not sure if those are the Omega 3's best for skin, but I think I remember reading something about too high a dose of Omega 3s can lead to serious side effects like immunosuppresion and blood thinning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users