- Family history of severe acne (sister went on Accutaine)
- Oily skin
- Mild acne in adolescence
- Stopped birth control pill in mid 20s, acne became worse (scientific point: this changes serum androgen which is acne-causal as per dermatology publications)
- Went on an antiobiotic for 6 months, acne became even worse (moderate to severe) (scientific point: antiobiotics indiscriminantly kill living bacteria in your body, including that which naturally promotes digestive and intestinal health; without good bacteria, your body is less effective at filtering out toxins).
I am completing 4th week on the Regimen (this Sunday will be 4 weeks).
- Skin is VERY dry and flaky, reddish, face feels like I have a flaky snake skin
- Get about 1-3 new lesions per day (this is less than "typical" for me)
- Red marks from acne are very prominent and healing very slowly
- NOTE: Jojoba oil was a bad move for me, got 4 new huge lesions on non-standard areas. Works for others.
I'm working towards increased water intake and decreased sugar intake. You all are knowledgeable, but generally speaking, there is evidence that increased glycemic load may be responsible for (many bad things: obeisity, diabetes, and) increased prevalance of acne.
That's it for now.