Photo

How Can I Restore My Acid Mantle Whilst On Roaccutane?

acid mantle roaccutane restore acv

1 reply to this topic

#1 Hutchdan

Hutchdan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:15 AM

I'm pretty far into my course, enough that my skin would be really dry if i didn't treat it with jojoba oil and grape seed oil. Right now i shower once a day, i try to avoid getting my face wet and i don't dry it. I was thinking of not showering for 5 days ( of course i'll clean myself but by other means) That means i won't wash my face, i'll only use apple cider vinegar to restore the pH and grape seed oil to moisturize. But i won't clean it off. I won't wash my face when i've been sweating (is this recommended? Even when i've been doing hard activity) Can anyone expand on this, or recommend something? I don't know much about this, so i need imput...

Thanks

#2 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:24 AM

Your acid mantle restore itself every day. It's sweat and sebum. Just stop washing it away.
Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users