Photo

Clinique Bb Cream And Anti-Blemish Foundation - Opinions?

clinique bb cream foundation make-up zinc red mark

2 replies to this topic

#1 Jollyhohnson

Jollyhohnson

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

My acne is finally FINALLY starting to come under control after 9 weeks on Epiduo. Now I may be rushing ahead a bit but I'm really excited about wearing make-up again, especially to cover up all those post-acne red marks and scarring. I'm looking to buy something that is a quality product that most definitely won't clog my pores and won't break me out. I used to use quite cheap make-up (Avon £10 per foundation) and I fully believe this contributed towards my acne. So I want something good and I'm willing to pay a bit more for it as I'm only planning on wearing make-up now on special occasions (interviews, dates, parties, etc.)

Today I visited my local department store and had a nice chat with the lady on the Clinique stall. She recommended the BB cream as a primer and then the anti-blemish foundation. They are pricey, and the bottles aren't huge, so I wanted to find out how other people have got on using them.

These are the ingredients in the BB Cream:
Clinique Age Defense BB Cream SPF 30 : Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.50%, Octisalate 4.00%, Zinc Oxide 3.50%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titaniium Dioxide 1.1.0% Other Ingredients: water, dimethicone, butylene glycol, phenyl trimethicone, pentylene glycol, glyceryl stearate, behenyl alcofol, trioctyldodecyl citrate, polymethylsilsesquioxane, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, PEG-40 stearate, polyglyceryl -10 pentastearate, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, Hordeum vulgare (barley extract), extract d’orge, Triticum Vulgare (wheat germm extract), Laminaria saccharina extract, Linoleic Acid, Oryzanol, cholesterol, caffeine, sucrose, glycerin, Polyquaternium-51, lecithin, Sodium stearoyl lactylate, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Sodium PCA, Isopropyl titanium triisostearate, Trehalose, urea, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Xanthan Gum, Glycyrrhetinic acid, stearic acid, Aluminum hydroxide, silica, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica

The foundation contains Salcylic Acid, but I'm not sure about the other ingredients.

So what do people think?

#2 ClearDreaming

ClearDreaming

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

I would think using the BB cream as a primer is a bit unnecessary if it is tinted. BUT, my main contribution isss

I used to use the foundation every single day, I now can't as I don't think using something with salicylic acid in on accutane is a great idea. The foundation held pretty well to my skin and it provides really good coverage. I have a few cons I'll go through in a bit, and I tried out some other foundations because of them, but I always came back to the clinque one, it really is a great foundation. If you were wanting to use a concealer as well (or instead of) I would really recommend the one in the same line, I still use it, and I've not found anything that cancels red even near to that.

The cons of it are that it does oxidise throughout the day, so I felt I looked a bit orange towards the end, I am very pale though. Which leads me onto my next point, the colour range is not great if you are super pale like me.

Posted Image Hope that helps

Also congratulations on finding something that works for your acne!

Edited by ClearDreaming, 10 August 2012 - 04:01 PM.

Started (Ro)Accutane :)
Month 1- 20mg
Month 2- 50mg
Month 3- 50mg

I literally do not care what you think about accutane, it was MY choice to take it, respect that.

#3 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:00 AM

From what I understand, the American BB creams are just tinted moisturizer with sunscreen. The true BB creams in Japan are actually more like serums with lots of active ingredients for your skin.

So I would focus on getting a foundation or tinted moisturizer that looks best on your skin rather than getting sucked into any BB cream hype.

Personally I would avoid products with dimethicone or other silicones high up on the ingredient list, such as the one you posted. See this article for why: http://blog.christop...imethicone.html

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users