Photo

Feeling Hopeless & Depressed Again, Update With Pictures.

pores scars retinol pih sad depressed pictures

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#21 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:58 AM

Why are you on this board?

When I see posts like this I wonder if anyone here REALLY had bad acne like I did. I mean, wow, you think you have problem skin? Yeesh, then I was a total monster for over a decade.

Anyway, your skin is great, get on and live your life!

This is rude. You don't know my struggles. Everyone is different. I had terrible, terrible acne in my youth that has scarred my psyche. No, I don't have terrible acne now, I use BCP to control it. It doesn't mean I'm happy with the condition of my skin.

Pay no mind.....everyone on here has their own struggles/insecurities. I can understand that someone with more severe acne might feel like mild acne is nothing to stress over but it doesn't mean they have the right to negate yours. No two of us on here are alike.

Hoping you find the answers you are looking for

#22 PaulH85

PaulH85

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 11
About Me

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:11 AM

With regards to what Green Gables said, although I understand the point they're making, I've always said that the severity of acne is irrelevant, in the sense that it all comes down to how well you're able to cope with whatever degree of acne you may have.

Personally, my acne was never what we would class as severe and rarely was it cystic, but the experiences I had or didn't have because of it, how I felt because of it, and indeed how other people made me feel because of it, meant that I felt as though it might as well have been the worst case of acne in the history of acne. Even now, without that, I still feel the same about myself, my physical appearance in general, and especially my complexion as I did back that.

That is why I can understand where aaatsirk! is coming from. In context, this thread is in exactly the right place and is definitely worthy of discussion and our support. If the thread was in the forum relating to sever acne then people would probably have reason to get annoyed with that, but this section is all about the emotional and physiological struggles and those things don't always have to relate to whatever degree of acne we're experiencing in the here and now. If that were the case, I wouldn't even be on this board because I wouldn't have a care in the world and I'd be quite happy with my physical appearance.

We have people here who do have severe acne but who are able to carry on regardless. They hold their heads up and experience things, maintain friendships and have relationships, and enjoy what life brings. By the same token, though, we also have people here who get knocked back by even mild acne because it triggers certain feelings and insecurities. Certainly, even a minor breakout these days takes me back to a time when I felt as though I wanted to rip my face off because I absolutely detested what I saw in the mirror. It may well mean that I focus on it too much now or that I make a big deal out of something small, but nobody is a position where they're qualified to tell me I shouldn't be feeling that way. Nor should they respond in a way which makes light of how I may be feeling at the time of posting. I hope that everyone will please keep that in mind when replying to topics because the purpose of being here is to support each other.

In terms of where you're at now, aaatsirk!, you can at least take comfort from the positive steps you have in place to look after your skin because, honestly, what you're doing in working so well. Your skin is in wonderful shape and, if I may say so, you're very pretty. Even if you have the odd blemish, that's all it really is. You have to tell yourself that that's all people think if they see such things, to the point that they may not even notice anyway. Beyond that, there's nothing more attractive and admirable than someone who appears to be comfortable in their own skin and happy with who they are. Even if you have to fake that in the first instance, nobody knows any different and all they see is confidence and a smile. It's all about perception and it goes a long way.

Posted Image

#23 Anons

Anons

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:14 AM

First: you look beautiful.
Second: anecdotaly and scientifically, BCP is correlated with depression and decreased libido in women (so if you're experiencing these things... think it over).

#24 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:14 AM

Wasn't trying to be rude, hon, but in perspective you look like a model compared to some. Enjoy it :)

#25 Ella27

Ella27

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 12
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:13 AM

Its like five in the morning and I can't sleep so Im sorry that I didn't read the full thing but you are really really pretty! If you have acne I didn't really notice because you have such nice features! Don't feel so hopeless!

#26 rugbythompson

rugbythompson

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

i understand exactly what you're going through. i've been on retin-a micro for almost 8 months and i'm still uncomfortable with my skin but you just have to keep pushing on. i freak out over the least noticeable marks and that's just how it is. you're a babe so don't be concerned. we're all self-conscious but in reality people could care less about acne. smoke a doobie, enjoy yourself, and tell acne to bounce.

#27 tuffluck

tuffluck

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:35 PM

On a scale from 1-10 for acne severity I would say you are less than 1. And to be honest when I saw this post I thought the same thing, "are you serious?" lol.

#28 arqa22

arqa22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:26 AM

On a scale from 1-10 for acne severity I would say you are less than 1. And to be honest when I saw this post I thought the same thing, "are you serious?" lol.

THIS

#29 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:54 AM

I think you have really nice skin! I'd love to have skin that was that clear and nice looking! Hopefully I'll get there one day... and sooner rather than later would be nice haha

Hopefully you can feel more comfortable, confident and happier about your skin / appearance now :) everyone here seems to agree that you have good skin and look pretty too

#30 Spotthedifference

Spotthedifference

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 42
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

You're beautiful and so is your skin. I used to have skin like this when I was 16, and I didn't appreciate it properly until I started to break out at 18. Obviously, your situation is the reverse of that - you had severe acne, now you have great skin. Try to enjoy it if you can, lots of people would love to be you. :)

#31 jake32

jake32

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:44 AM

you could try somthing to unclog the pores like ocm or somthing and then a tca or salysilic acid peel over the skin effected

#32 ilovechocolate

ilovechocolate

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:52 AM

hey hun ur skin looks awesome!!! i would love to have your skin! if you ever feel down or self-conscious you should look up close up pics of katy perry's skin and megan fox's skin, they are both super beautiful, outgoing women who attract and hot men, and they both suffer from skin issues! Not that you have any though!!! Everyone has pores, its normal, and everyones pores do show...honestly the only people's pores who don't show are babies! your completely normal and beautiful!