Photo

Feeling Hopeless & Depressed Again, Update With Pictures.

pores scars retinol pih sad depressed pictures

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#1 kmichellemiller

kmichellemiller

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:30 PM

Hey all. I'm not really sure what to say, just that I am feeling really low again lately about the condition of my skin. Some days I think it's fine, other days I feel like a monster with the ugliest skin ever. I don't know what to do. It's hard to talk to anyone that I actually know in real life, because I feel like people lie to make you feel better. Sometimes, it would be nice just to hear some true honesty. I guess that's kind of what I'm looking for. I don't want to be unrealistic about the condition of my skin. I used to suffer from pretty bad acne growing up, as an adult, it's still been an issue (unless I'm on BCP, that tends to help). Without the acne, I'm forced to see my actual skin. Am I crazy to think that it's pretty horrible looking or is it as bad looking as I think it is? I have large pores, acne scars, dark marks, it just seems to overtake my face when I look in the mirror. Oh, and when I'm outside, it's really hard to want to catch my reflection in anything, everything seems to be magnified. What to do... I just want to live without constantly thinking about what my skin looks like and what others are thinking. I've attached some pictures, what do you guys think? Please be honest.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg
  • image(1).jpeg
  • image(2).jpeg

#2 Moonset777

Moonset777

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:43 PM

I'm being totally honest when I say your skin looks pretty clear. I can't see why you would feel so down about anything in those pics, you look great to me.
I think people who do suffer from chronic conditions can over time develop a complex about them and actually build them up in their mind to be a lot worse
than they actually are. This could also be true of people who have on the whole improved their condition but are always striving for that elusive 'holy grail' crystal
clear skin and anything less than keeps getting them down. Again, I must say your skin looks great to me and if I were you i wouldn't be in the slightest bit concerned
about it. Posted Image

#3 Need Solutions

Need Solutions

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

Honest Opinion.

Your skin is nice. There is about 2 tiny marks and thats if your really looking for them. Obviously I bet there isnt a single person in the world that doesnt have at least two tiny marks on their face.

Your skin is pretty much perfect really.. =D

I'm being totally honest when I say your skin looks pretty clear. I can't see why you would feel so down about anything in those pics, you look great to me.
I think people who do suffer from chronic conditions can over time develop a complex about them and actually build them up in their mind to be a lot worse
than they actually are. This could also be true of people who have on the whole improved their condition but are always striving for that elusive 'holy grail' crystal
clear skin and anything less than keeps getting them down. Again, I must say your skin looks great to me and if I were you i wouldn't be in the slightest bit concerned
about it. Posted Image

yep

#4 MJRI94

MJRI94

Dat acne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:51 PM

Honesty, its fine. You shouldn't worry about it, there is nothing wrong with it!

If you have nothing to be grateful for; check your pulse.

Currently aboard the 'tane pain train

#5 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

Your skin looks pretty healthy to me. You have pimples here and there but not something i would characterize as an acne problem. We all go through periods like this, the key is to not let it be your focus. Maybe your depression is a part of a deeper seeded issue besides acne.

Good Luck!

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#6 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:18 PM

I'll give you my honest opinion: I think your skin looks great. I see maybe one or two extremely minor active blemishes, and everything else is just superficial, barely noticeable scarring. I think we're our own worst critics when it comes to our skin, and often times we think it's much worse than it actually is. I've been guilty of this too in the past.

I think you're a beautiful girl and your skin looks to be in good shape right now, so try not to stress so much about it. I have large pores around my cheeks close to my nose too, but I'll take those over active blemishes any day of the week. :P Next time you look into a mirror try and focus on the things you like about your face. Like for example, you have pretty eyes and an awesome smile! I spend way too much time dwelling on the negative when it comes to my skin, but when I find the time to appreciate the things that I like about my features I find that it helps me and improves my mood. :]

Daily Regimen:
-Clean and Clear Foaming Cleanser
-Dan's 2.5% BP 
-Jojoba oil as moisturizer

Nightly Regimen:
-Clean and Clear Foaming Cleanser
-Dan's 2.5% BP
-Cetaphil moisturizer + a few drops of Jojoba oil 

My Regimen Log: http://www.acne.org/...gs-regimen-log/

#7 Murph89

Murph89

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:30 PM

Your skin is 99% clear. I'm jealous. And your super cute as well. Go live your life. You have no skin problem to worry about seriously. I would totally take you out on a date if I myself wasn't so self conscious about my skin as well.

#8 snsdgirl14

snsdgirl14

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:00 PM

Your skin is fine. You have pretty skin! You look like 99% of the population (good skin with a few minor red marks that one usually wouldn't notice until you pointed them out). No one has perfect skin, but yours is pretty close.

[CURRENT REGIMEN]

AM:

Wash with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel (European version) + Clarisonic Mia

Apply CeraVe AM Moisturizer w/ SPF 30

Apply Aczone (dapsone) 

PM:

Wash with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel + Clarisonic Mia
Apply CeraVe PM Moisturizer 
Apply Epiduo (adapalene + benzoyl peroxide)
50 mg of Spironolactone 

[CURRENT STATUS]
90% clear

#9 orangedoorhinge

orangedoorhinge

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:02 PM

No worries. You look fine. :)

#10 TheSavyBanana

TheSavyBanana

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:16 PM

Are you kidding me? Your skin looks beautiful! You are so gorgeous, I can't believe you are worried about your skin. I wish I had skin like yours. I have large pores, and trust me, the only people who worry about it are the ones who have them.

You! Yes, you. The one reading this. You are beautiful, talented, amazing and simply the best at being you. Never forget that.

You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to you boyfriend/spouse/partner. Not to your coworkers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked "female."

Plea to the world: Eat less meat! Or better yet, don't eat it at all! The meat industry violates basic animal rights, it's destroying our planet, and there are so many health benefits you can gain by decreasing/eliminating meat from your diet. Don't let me tell you- do your own research so you can decide for yourself. (The dairy and egg industries are just as horrendous).

I highly recommend watching the movie Earthlings. ^

#11 Ilovemesomevanity

Ilovemesomevanity

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:01 PM

....wheres the acne??? LOL but really. i see like 2 spots of hyperpigmentation and normal looking pores OHMYGOD YOU HAVE PORES HUMAN BEINGS SHOULDNT HAVE PORES ;) so yah basically youre crazy to be complaining youre super pretty! i want your eyes haha

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You." - Dr. Seuss

#12 nfamousjade

nfamousjade

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:01 AM

I know what your saying, its hard we all just want perfect skin, and your very close to that. So just appreciate that your clear because your luck can change and youll regret not appreciating the skin you now have. Were human beings, we cant be perfect. Just a thought. :)

#13 kmichellemiller

kmichellemiller

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:45 AM

You are all so incredibly sweet, I feel like I always go through these bouts of feeling absolutely awful about my skin. Acne.org has been a safe haven, thanks to all of the wonderful people on here who offer nothing less than kind words. <3

#14 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:43 PM

I wish I had my skin like yours.. I have scars and red marks.. along with some blemishes.
Best way to make your skin smooth and clear eventually:

Plant-based diet is the best medicine for everything.. That's if you consume at least 80% raw, mainly from veggies and fruits.
Exercising: cardio is great for skin and lifting a bit.
Thinking positive and try not to stress or think about acne.

I am doing these and my skin is currently very smooth and clearing up!
I am a vegan raw 100%. I feel better, have more energy, saving animals a year, glow skin, I look younger, etc.

#15 cweaver0324

cweaver0324

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:55 PM

I can only hope my skin looks that good eventually.

#16 PaulH85

PaulH85

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 11
About Me

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:37 PM

Can only echo what everyone else has said. You're pretty and your skin is good. Sure, it may not be perfect, but nobody has truly perfect skin.

I get the impression you're trying to achieve something that isn't really attainable and if you keep pushing for that, you'll bring yourself down. The best thing to do is separate things, take a step back and look at the aspects of your skin you can actually improve. Or rather, if you have a regimen and so on which helps you maintain things, stick with it.

Beyond that, it's about learning to accept the things you can't directly change. It's about learning to be comfortable in your own skin. That's down to you because no matter what people say and how many justified compliments you may receive, you have to believe it in yourself and that has to come from you.

As hard as it may be - I know what it's like to have a skewed perception of your skin and for it to consume everything - it's key to work on liking your appearance because if you seriously believe those negative thoughts, it can majorly hold you back in pretty much every aspect of life, believe me. :)

Thoughts become words
Words become actions
Actions become habits
Habits become character
Character becomes destiny
It is time to change my destiny

You look like a guy I banged once.

#17 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:23 PM

Why are you on this board?

When I see posts like this I wonder if anyone here REALLY had bad acne like I did. I mean, wow, you think you have problem skin? Yeesh, then I was a total monster for over a decade.

Anyway, your skin is great, get on and live your life!

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#18 Sum1killme

Sum1killme

Resurrected Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:18 AM

When I see posts like this I wonder if anyone here REALLY had bad acne like I did. I mean,
wow, you think you have problem skin? Yeesh,
then I was a total monster for over a decade.

100% Agree

#19 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:27 AM

Just eat healthy. You will be fine

#20 kmichellemiller

kmichellemiller

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:13 AM

When I see posts like this I wonder if anyone here REALLY had bad acne like I did. I mean, wow, you think you have problem skin? Yeesh, then I was a total monster for over a decade.

This is rude. You don't know my struggles. Everyone is different. I had terrible, terrible acne in my youth that has scarred my psyche. No, I don't have terrible acne now, I use BCP to control it. It doesn't mean I'm happy with the condition of my skin.