Photo

You're Beautiful

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 Neve

Neve

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:07 PM

I understand how horrible and difficult it can be to live with acne but, the first step to getting rid of it is loving yourself. I have no facts backing this up or scientific studies, but I can personally tell you that your beating yourself up over nothing. Beauty is who you are not what covers the surface. I have body acne and I used to avoid wearing anything that might reveal my skin. But with time and support I've learned to understand that hiding doesn't make anything go away. By recognizing your strengths and talents you'll discover that by doing what you love with who you love will make it soooo much easier to tackle your acne. If you aren't happy you're doing something wrong. But when your doing what your meant to do, living the life you want to live, and loving those who love from the bottom of there heart, that is when you are the most beautiful , in everyones eyes.

#2 Surrender

Surrender

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:20 AM

I like your courage, thanks for brightening my day up!

#3 Neve

Neve

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:44 AM

It Means the world to me that people see there potential and understand that who they ARE doesn't include acne. Having clear skin is a complete lifestyle change that begins with your outlook on how you are going to get there.

#4 Need Solutions

Need Solutions

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:10 PM

In theory what your saying is true, but in reality the way you look makes a lot of different in all kind of situations.

Obviously I know my friends wont be bothered that I have loads of little spots all over my face and that.

I cant imagine meeting girls anymore with skin like this.

But it doesn't change the fact I have pretty much hid in my house for the past month.

I know its whats on the inside that counts but it has truly destroyed my personality.

I just want my life back and I dont think I will ever get it now.

It seems the damage is done and the pores on my face are so blocked theres no reversing it.

I still haven't come to terms with all this, It feels like a life sentence.

=(

#5 Murph89

Murph89

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:42 PM

In theory what your saying is true, but in reality the way you look makes a lot of different in all kind of situations.

Obviously I know my friends wont be bothered that I have loads of little spots all over my face and that.

But it doesn't change the fact I have pretty much hid in my house for the past month.

I know its whats on the inside that counts but it has truly destroyed my personality.

It seems the damage is done and the pores on my face are so blocked theres no reversing it.

=(

Damnit man I know how exactly how you feel.

#6 snsdgirl14

snsdgirl14

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:02 PM

Thank you for posting this. I agree that people are beautiful without necessarily having clear, perfect skin. In fact, no one has perfect skin. I have seen so many people with acne/blemishes/etc who are still very attractive. But what really means the most is personality. Once you get to know a person, their personality is what makes them beautiful.

[CURRENT REGIMEN]

AM:

Wash with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel (European version) + Clarisonic Mia

Apply CeraVe AM Moisturizer w/ SPF 30

Apply Aczone (dapsone) 

PM:

Wash with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel + Clarisonic Mia
Apply CeraVe PM Moisturizer 
Apply Epiduo (adapalene + benzoyl peroxide)
50 mg of Spironolactone 

[CURRENT STATUS]
90% clear

#7 Surrender

Surrender

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:17 AM

=(

Hang in there buddy... I'm in the same situation. I know exactly how you feel.
Things will get better in time, trust. This is not forever, no obstacle is too large.
If you can, try to focus on getting through it, don't dwell on it... It is just simply a waste of time in the long run! (I'm still trying to get through it).
Stay strong, and know that everything happens for a reason.

#8 Need Solutions

Need Solutions

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:35 AM

=(

Damnit man I know how exactly how you feel.

Fucked really yeh =/ cant get on with life at all. Hope you manage to figure out whats causing your problem soon man. Good luck yeh.

=(

Hang in there buddy... I'm in the same situation. I know exactly how you feel.
Things will get better in time, trust. This is not forever, no obstacle is too large.
If you can, try to focus on getting through it, don't dwell on it... It is just simply a waste of time in the long run! (I'm still trying to get through it).
Stay strong, and know that everything happens for a reason.

Cheers man, I hope we all manage to get thorough it, Ill try my best to carry on, Good luck solving your issues too.

#9 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:48 PM

I saw a girl at whole foods with a lot of zits, but was wearing short and had very nice legs.She is also pretty Posted Image. I found her attractive.. Posted Image
For guys, we need muscles.. ha ha.

Edited by Ghostunit, 10 August 2012 - 01:13 PM.

Best way to make your skin smooth and clear eventually:

Plant-based diet is the best medicine for everything.. That's if you consume at least 80% raw, mainly from veggies and fruits.
Exercising: cardio is great for skin and lifting a bit.
Thinking positive and try not to stress or think about acne.

I am doing these and my skin is currently very smooth and clearing up!
I am a vegan raw 100%. I feel better, have more energy, saving animals a year, glow skin, I look younger, etc.

#10 0mfg

0mfg

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:18 AM

LOL but when there's so many people out there with perfectly clear skins or like somewhat clear faces and decent personalities, I'm sure many people would rather pick them over someone with blemishes and scars on their face, believe me I have had guy friends who had nice and sweet personalities going after girl friends of mine and they end up getting rejected because they don't look good enough. Most people don't give acne-sufferers a chance :(
Sorry if i sound mean but i'm just being frank.

#11 Need Solutions

Need Solutions

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:25 AM

LOL but when there's so many people out there with perfectly clear skins or like somewhat clear faces and decent personalities, I'm sure many people would rather pick them over someone with blemishes and scars on their face, believe me I have had guy friends who had nice and sweet personalities going after girl friends of mine and they end up getting rejected because they don't look good enough. Most people don't give acne-sufferers a chance Posted Image

Exactly, All the "you are beautiful on the inside" stuff doesn't really relate to real life in my opinion.

#12 0mfg

0mfg

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:31 AM

LOL but when there's so many people out there with perfectly clear skins or like somewhat clear faces and decent personalities, I'm sure many people would rather pick them over someone with blemishes and scars on their face, believe me I have had guy friends who had nice and sweet personalities going after girl friends of mine and they end up getting rejected because they don't look good enough. Most people don't give acne-sufferers a chance Posted Image

Exactly, All the "you are beautiful on the inside" stuff doesn't really relate to real life in my opinion.

It's just stuff to make you feel better,
Of course personality counts,
But what makes you wanna get to know a person more?
It's their physical appearance that draws you to them!
And people are generally nicer to people who are better-looking too.
Sigh I feel so unlucky to be cursed with this.

#13 Need Solutions

Need Solutions

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:35 AM

Its definately stuff to just make you feel better, just words.

I know yeh, Its so hard to go from looking alright to having horrible skin, and I cant come to terms with what my face looks like to be honest.

I have chosen to just hide away from EVERYONE at home instead of face this.

#14 0mfg

0mfg

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:39 AM

I know yeh, Its so hard to go from looking alright to having horrible skin, and I cant come to terms with what my face looks like to be honest.

i wish i could do that but sometimes you gotta live a little man you cant just give up everything because of skin issues like i know i havent given up on schooling yet..

#15 Need Solutions

Need Solutions

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:45 AM

i wish i could do that but sometimes you gotta live a little man you cant just give up everything because of skin issues like i know i havent given up on schooling yet..

Ive pretty much given up on life, all Im interested in is trying to sort this out, but I cant even find anything to stop my skin getting worse, let alone improve it.

#16 Robert_NL

Robert_NL

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:36 AM

It doesn't indeed. There are millions of people that are beautiful on the inside, so why would one choose the person with acne if there is also a nice person without acne? The outside is what matters the most, that is the thing you always see and that is what people will remember about you. How do you know that one person is Jack and the other is Robert? Not because of their 'insides' but because of their outsides. What do you say when someones asks you who is who? You say: 'the one with acne on his face is Robert, the one with nice muscles is Jack'. It is hard, but this is the way it is.

#17 snsdgirl14

snsdgirl14

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:57 AM

:/ I wish you guys could see that acne really is not a dealbreaker when it comes to dating. I have seen so many guys I've found attractive that had acne. It was their general facial structure/body structure that would draw me to them - eyes, nose, lips, arms, height, etc, acne was just a thing that was there. Everyone has imperfections and for some people acne is theirs. But acne would never stop me from dating anyone. In all honesty, I think the overall features of your face are more important than blemishes or scars.

[CURRENT REGIMEN]

AM:

Wash with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel (European version) + Clarisonic Mia

Apply CeraVe AM Moisturizer w/ SPF 30

Apply Aczone (dapsone) 

PM:

Wash with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel + Clarisonic Mia
Apply CeraVe PM Moisturizer 
Apply Epiduo (adapalene + benzoyl peroxide)
50 mg of Spironolactone 

[CURRENT STATUS]
90% clear

#18 Need Solutions

Need Solutions

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:07 AM

:/ I wish you guys could see that acne really is not a dealbreaker when it comes to dating. I have seen so many guys I've found attractive that had acne. It was their general facial structure/body structure that would draw me to them - eyes, nose, lips, arms, height, etc, acne was just a thing that was there. Everyone has imperfections and for some people acne is theirs. But acne would never stop me from dating anyone. In all honesty, I think the overall features of your face are more important than blemishes or scars.

If you could see how bad my skin has gone you would not be saying this.....the whole texture of it has completely changed completely.

I wouldnt even want any girls to look at my skin at all too be honest, I cant even stand my mates to look at me.

#19 Neve

Neve

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:37 PM

In the end it doesn't matter how other people see you. If you are so unwilling to give yourself a chance than obviously your acne isn't going to get better. Before you go anywhere you have to accept who you are and commit to becoming the person you want to be. No one can help you but, yourself. It's about making that lifestyle change that will finally get you to where you want to be. Welcome support and listen to kind words, use all the resources you have to motivate you to love yourself. Then once your happy you'll see how obvious it is that self pity is a whole lot uglier than any skin troubles or body issues.

#20 Koalaa

Koalaa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:50 PM

The past few days I've been feeling really good about myself.
I basically realized that there are billions of people on this Earth and if I come across a few who don't like me because of my skin, then OH DAMN WELL.
I'm starting to like and take pride in the little things about myself. From my looks, to my personality and even some habits.
Yes, I'm not perfect. No, my skin isn't amazing. But hey, If somebody doesn't want to take the time to get to know because of that, then oh well.
I just hope this feeling last for a rrreaaaaallllllyyyyyyyyy long time. Haha.
SubhaanAllah