oil skin accutane after isotetrin oily oily skin

2 replies to this topic

#1 Jreese413

Jreese413

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

Have you guys experienced a return of oily skin post accutane or has it subsided?

#2 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

Definitely experienced this after all three of my courses. The internal mechanisms of accutance will stop once you're off the drug and its out of your system. My acne came back full force but it may not for you. I recommend you get on maintenance therapy so that your pores stay clear.

#3 Coronet

Coronet

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:42 AM

My oily skin returned slightly after a few months and now, 4 years after accutane, my oily skin is back 100% to what it was before accutane. I was 21 when I started and I'm 25 now. My skin's very, very oily now, but I'm relatively acne-free. I don't have to use acne face washes anymore or any type of acne meds as long as I stay on birth control pills. If I go off BCP, my hormonal acne flares up and I start to get zits again, but otherwise I'm pretty much acne free. I might get ONE zit every 2-3 months.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users