3 replies to this topic

#1 cervantes86

cervantes86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:39 AM

So the results for the ASC-J9 cream have been posted. For those who don't know, AndroScience developed a cream that has a molecule that block androgen receptors. So in other words, the sebaceous glands would be blocked from getting androgens to stimulate them in producing more oil.

So the highest dose tested was the only one to give significant results, with a 45% reduction of lesions, in comparison to the control cream. Also, more people went down in their acne scale, total of 28, in comparison to the control which was 23.

This cream needs further improvement in my opinion, because is nowhere near a miracle. It sounds just as effective as retinols, so it probably has to be paired with other topicals. This cream is nowhere near the effectiveness of accutane, and I think its because you have to remember that accutane not only lowers oil production significantly, but it also has other factors, like controls skin shedding and it's antiinflammatory. I will stick with accutane.

http://clinicaltrial...X76015#outcome2

#2 FSAS

FSAS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:07 PM

So the results for the ASC-J9 cream have been posted. For those who don't know, AndroScience developed a cream that has a molecule that block androgen receptors. So in other words, the sebaceous glands would be blocked from getting androgens to stimulate them in producing more oil.

So the highest dose tested was the only one to give significant results, with a 45% reduction of lesions, in comparison to the control cream. Also, more people went down in their acne scale, total of 28, in comparison to the control which was 23.

This cream needs further improvement in my opinion, because is nowhere near a miracle. It sounds just as effective as retinols, so it probably has to be paired with other topicals. This cream is nowhere near the effectiveness of accutane, and I think its because you have to remember that accutane not only lowers oil production significantly, but it also has other factors, like controls skin shedding and it's antiinflammatory. I will stick with accutane.

http://clinicaltrial...X76015#outcome2

ive been following androscience for a while now very curious about this.
do you think this could help people with more hormonal acne thats not terribly severe.

will they be sellling the product do you know?
thanks for the post

#3 cervantes86

cervantes86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:28 PM

I think it should help, but personally I think you are going to have to use it in conjunction with something else. I think a retinol mix with this would be great, because it would almost mimic the accutane effects. but its just phase 2, so prob it will come in 5 years minimum, lol.

#4 paigems

paigems

Veteran Member

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

I've been following the ASC-J9 clinical trials as well. A 45% reduction does seem a bit low, but I don't think it's completely discouraging. I know on their website they mention they have been tweaking the formulation so that it is absorbed more easily. With a little more tweaking the % reduction could increase even more. Also, I don't think accutane is as great as you make it out to be. It has a bunch of nasty side effects and for a lot of people it's not a permanent solution. For me personally, my acne came back 2 years after accutane.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users