Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Beginning Of My Log!

8 posts in this topic

post-181125-0-08012800-1344320287_thumb.

a pic of my acne tonight on either cheek

i'm up procrasti-working and i am so excited to try accutane

i am calling my dermatologist first thing in the morning, hopefully i won't get the run around and can start taking the pills this week

hmmm, after doing some reading on here about Spironolactone I think I'll want to start with that instead

a lot of the reviews say it worked when accutane didn't, and it seems less severe

wonder what my derm will say...

There are a lot of reviews sayin that accutane didin't work ?not even temporaly?that's new...

Well accutane is a last resort , plus ur acne is mild , so I would go for Spironolactone

thanks for responding, i didn't mean the reviews said that accutane didn't work, just that it wasn't a permanent solution for them like it was for other patients and spironolactone is working for them now. i do think i'll start with the spironolactone before resorting to accutane. i would only try accutane if there was a bigger chance my acne would be gone for good. good luck with everything

Day 1 of having this acne.org account has been okay for my acne

I haven't had a picking session, though i did scratch off a whitehead and I haven't been great about keeping my hands off my face

Buttt I have had about half the water I need for the day already, and I made a healthy quinoa lunch with cucumbers and tomatoes

being bad and drinking coffee atm

made an appt to see a derm on the 22nd

thinking of giving a strict paleo diet a chance before adding any prescription acne treatments to my regimen

updates later, xx

spiro is a great option for acne that is hormone related, albeit can take a fair while to work (12 months+)

see what your derm says, you can do spiro after accutane also (as i may end up doing in a few months)

good luck with your choices!

JB

AHOY me log

first course 2010

week 1/2- 20mg

week 3/4 -30mg

month 2 - 30mg

month 3 - 30mg

month 4 - 40mg

month 5 - 40mg

month 6 - 40mg

second course 2012

month 1 20mg

month 2 40mg

month 3 30mg with prednisone

month 4 30mg with prednisone

month 5 40mg with prednisone

Yaz - birth control tablet

Zinc - liquid supplement

Vitex agnus castus - tablet form

Chinese Blood Tonic - twice daily

We're not out of the woods yet little bear...

went to see my doctor today for a spiro consult

she prescribed me a small dosage, i haven't picked it up from the pharm yet so idk how many mg exactly

she took some blood tests to make sure my blood pressure doesn't drop too low

i fainted at the check out desk while making my next appointment and i still feel a little queezy/dizzy

i'm nervous to start taking spiro, my acne problems are mainly scar related at this point

i dont want to make it worse

SCARS SCARS SCARS SCARS

have noticed no differences with spiro

my scars are my main concern

i have craters and ice pick scars and i keep getting blood pimples that leave dark marks

what do i do i dont even know

this shit keeps me up worrying

i accidentally picked and now i cant focus on anything else