Photo

What To Do About This Redness On My Cheeks (Pics Included)

hyperpigmentation scarring redness red mark

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 iht20

iht20

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

Let me start by describing exactly what I do to try to control my acne/get rid of these red marks:

Morning: Wash face with aveeno clear complexion foaming cleanser, usually put on oil-free moisturizer afterwards

Afternoon/evening: After showering, I wash my face with the same product, but use a clarisonic brush to try to shed off some layers of my skin. I've only been using the brush for about 10 days and have not noticed any difference. At night before bed, I used to wash my face a third time but think that this was too much, so generally I just put on a new product someone recommended to me--mandelic acid--followed by more oil-free moisturizer.

I also currently am on doxycycline hyclate, an anti-biotic to try to help control acne outbreaks.

Currently, this regime does not seem to work--my cheeks are still very red and have many marks as you can see, and while I do not have much current acne (usually I just get whiteheads), I am still very embarrassed by to show my face in public a lot of the time. This all started about 2 years ago, with the red scarring starting about 18-20 months ago.

I am open to ANY suggestions on what products to use to help this redness go away, I've tried retin-A which burned my skin, lemon juice/other natural remedies which didn't seem to help either.

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

• Photo on 2012-08-05 at 17.47 #4.jpg
  • Photo on 2012-08-05 at 17.47 #3.jpg

#2 Dillon S

Dillon S

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:37 PM

First off, DO NOT WASH 3 TIMES A DAY! You will get rid of all the natural oils your skin produces, inducing irritation...

And bro, don't every let acne destroy your confidence, you are a human and every goes through these changes... Trust me, I've had horrid acne before, your's doesn't even look bad.

Check out my log on my log and compare the products that we're using : http://www.acne.org/...00#entry3271800

Just be faithful to what you're doing and don't give up. It takes awhile to see results. The regimen is a 12 week process I think, and you don't usually start noticing until the 6th week I think. Good luck to you, and let me know if you need anything.
- CVS Gentle Cleansing Wash (compare to purpose) [I may try something new once I run out.]
- Neutrogena On-the-spot 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide treatment. [I smear alot all over my face, I ran out in just a week.]
- Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer with 0.5% Salicylic Acid. [Made some of the redness fade on my face, noticed results the first day I used it.]

NOW using Acne.org products!

My Log: http://www.acne.org/...35-dillons-log/ Posted Image

#3 iht20

iht20

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:35 PM

Thanks a lot man, I appreciate it. I'll definitely check out your blog, let me know if you have any more suggestions/recommendations!

#4 Rasmusen

Rasmusen

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

Hi there! Keep fighting the acne, eventually you will win!

First of all, as Dillon S said, do not wash your face 3 times a day. 2 times is well and enough! Secondly, finding a regime that works for your skin can be one of the hardest things! It's also important that you stick with your regime and give it some time to work! Many regimes take time work and are no over night miracles. If you don't see any improvement after a few weeks you may consider changing regime.

And about being ashamed in public: I know that feeling bro, but this is only a small part of your long life! When your acne is gone, you will remember this acne-period of your life as something hard and frustrating, but that you managed to get through and come out from with a clear skin! If any people ever make fun of your acne it's because THEY are weak and thus feel like they have to make someone else feel bad in order for themselves to feel better.

And if there would be any girl that would not wan't you because of your acne, even though i doubt it, then she's only a shallow, appearence based person that you wouldn't like to have anyways.

This acne will go away and as soon as you find a regimen that works for you, everyday will become one day closer to perfect, acne free skin!

#5 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:43 AM

Drink vegetable juice, wheat grass juice, stinging nettle tea and do not masturbate

#6 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:29 AM

Def only wash once a day, maybe twice....people think that if they wash wash wash, skin will get better quicker, but its the opposite. I have been in this situation and totally made a mess of my skin from washing too much in one day.

#7 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:13 AM

i think you can wash with plain water however much you want (2x a day is best i think)

#8 Acnepolis

Acnepolis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:40 PM

Hey! If the antibiotic you're on ain't working maybe you should visit your dermatologist again and ask for some other one. Also if retin-a burned you it's probably because you started using too much too often - it has to be started very slowly.
I'd be sceptical about all these holistic/lifestyle regimens others here have suggested.. of course you can try them if you want but don't quit your acne medications or you risk making things worse.
Redness from acne takes some time to fade but eventually it will. As long as your active acne is in control you're good.

#9 linali26

linali26

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:45 AM

The clarisonic did not work for me. I used it 2 months. I know it has great reviews. I tried different brushes. I believe it was just spreading bacteria around my face. That is what my derm said. Just be gentle to your skin :). Don't let this get to you! Be strong!

#10 stephie14

stephie14

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:04 AM

Eat more FIBER. Drink alot of water or green tea. This helps flush out your system and gets rid of the toxins that could be creating breakouts in the first place. Also I don't know what your budget is but I am currently on Accutane (slows down healing process of your skin, hence red marks hard to fade) and I am using a product by Dermagist. You can get Acne scar remover (what I am using and its awesome) or the skin brightener kit (havent tried but looks promising). I know the Acne Scar Removal Cream helped my skin texture and lightened the red marks (wish I would have taken pics) but that was $80 and it will probably last anywhere from 2-3 months depending how much you use which a little goes a long way. Also WEAR SUNSCREEN!!!! at least higher than spf30 other rise everytime you go outside your making your marks darker.