Photo

Severe "strawberry Nose" Help?

red mark

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 NeedsHelp111

NeedsHelp111

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:17 AM

So, for a while now I've had really badly clogged pores on my face. It's embarrassing, and I don't even want to go outside anymore out of fear of people seeing them and being disgusted. I hate it. Not only are they huge, but they're black. I've picked and squeezed a few and I've got a few red marks (scars, I assume) as a result. I know squeezing them is bad, but sometimes I can't resist it. They just look so ugly. Is there anyway I can get rid of them? Any medication or treatment you recommend? I have a few picturse to provide (low quality, but none the less). Can anyone help?

Spoiler

Edited by NeedsHelp111, 05 August 2012 - 12:33 AM.

#2 SLumber Doll

SLumber Doll

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:15 AM

Though your camera is low quality as you said, it is far better than mine believe me. I too had the hard time resisting the temptation on squeezing and picking them but got the best solution of avoiding those try to keep in mind and convince yourself that if you touch them it would just make things worst. Try not to focus on your nose area when looking at the mirror coz as much as you see them the more you tend to be tempted on picking them, especially when you are bored, so try to keep youself busy by creating a plan of lifestyle change, increasing your water intake, citrus fruit and enjoy a cup of green tea hot or cold with milk or with honey. Im sure it would also help your skin recover, finding a solution should start from those that build our tissues which is our cells, so i believed that it should start with our diet and nourishing our body. But to help you with your main problem, try to use deep cleansing scrubs it if works with you without irritations, apply mud mask with tea tree oils and there are good nose strips or pore strips that when you removed them,you will see that the adhesive will have some of the clogged sebum accumulated on your pores. Try not to irritate your skin also, let the redness subside first. Hope it helps.

#3 Need Solutions

Need Solutions

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:31 PM

Apparently you will never be able to get rid of them and they are for life.

Sorry to be the one to break the bad news but from what ive read it seems you should be able to squeeze them out, but they will just look like an empty hole, looking pretty much the same and will just fill back up in a few days. =/

Everyone has them to some extent on their nose though and yours dont look bad at all. noone would even notice them probably.

I was gutted when I found this out, I have them on a nearly all areas of my face although only bad ones on my cheek and nose.

Look up sebaceous filaments on google.

I would do anything to get rid of all these too be honest but it doesnt really seem realistic =(

#4 Sasch83

Sasch83

Veteran Member

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:57 PM

NeedsHelp, if that is the only skin blemish that you are dealing with, consider yourself lucky. As the above poster stated, we all have, some more visible than others. Don't stress it and go live your life.

I would trade skins with you anyday.

#5 Luminouslight

Luminouslight

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

Salicylic acid is your friend, works great on blackheads.

#6 CopyKat

CopyKat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

First try soap and water and buy a black head remover tool.
if that fails get Clean and clear

maybe get contacts, glasses fuck up your circulation on your nose

if all fails try a chemical peel just on the nose.

#7 lxEllaBella

lxEllaBella

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:14 PM

My sister suffers with the exact same thing, we found a tool for getting rid of blackheads in the Body Shop, Its hooked on both ends and it gets rid of blackheads quickly and effectively. Also, Garnier do a product line especially made for deep-pore cleansing. Before applying any creams or touching the affected area make sure you've washed your hands! Clean hands are essential for the clearing up of any skin related imperfections! Try not to keep scratching at them or popping them as it only makes the problem worse,
Hope it goes soon, All my luck & Hope I've in some way helped Posted Image

#8 MatthewH

MatthewH

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:07 AM

I have a similar affliction to the OP. I've tried countless different methods over the years. The most effective product I've come across is the Drying Lotion by Mario Badescu. It's a Salicylic Acid treatment that you leave on overnight. I've found it really helps with blackheads. There's more info here...

http://www.mariobade...m/Drying-Lotion

Alternatively you could give the Regimen a go. I had some success with using Panoxyl 2.5 a while back. Not quite as effective as the Drying Lotion though.

#9 bizz

bizz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:11 PM

They make my skin purge, but retinoids like Retin-A might help. You will need to wear sunscreen.

What are you doing now to exfoliate dead skin on your greasier areas? Mario Badescu also makes a silver powder that might help.

#10 clambak3

clambak3

OG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

I feel your pain, my pores are all GINORMOUS. Imagine that but all over your face. Of course it can always be worse but we're our own worst critics and tend to be pretty dramatic when you have skin issues.

I used to have worse black heads like that on my nose also but honey really helped to clean all that crud out. Sometimes I use those Biore nose strips but I really don't believe they do much, if anything. But they make me feel like I'm doing somethiiiing lol and you can see all that gunk get sucked out of your pores.

I really, truly have fallen in love with tea tree oil too. Can't live without that stuff. Never thought I would go 90% natural when it comes to anything but really the natural stuff works better. And not the "natural" stuff advertised with a super jacked up price. Get 100% natural stuff and see if it doesn't work for you. (: