4 replies to this topic

#1 Hutchdan

Hutchdan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:05 PM

Help make my topical one :D

So basically i've gone all out, i can choose between pure tea tree oil, grape seed oil, jojoba oil, apple cider vinegar, weak manuka honey.

What do i do with all this? this is like the powerhouse of all acne treatments, is it good to combine them?

Thanks for your help!

#2 Quetzl1

Quetzl1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:20 PM

You can do a mask with the honey maybe 3x a week. Jojoba oil is nice for moisturizing. Apple cider vinegar could be a good spot treatment, and if you put tea tree oil on a bandaid and leave it on overnight you'll probably see good improvement for any big ones.

I don't really use topicals any more since I'm convinced the problem is inside, and acne is just a symptom. But I've used most of these in the past.

Edited by Quetzl1, 04 August 2012 - 05:20 PM.

#3 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:19 PM

I used to do a honey mask twice a day, but recently have relaxed my facial regimen a bit and now I only do it when my skin feels dry, usually 2-3 times per week. The main topical I use is Indian Healing Clay (mixed with a tiny bit of apple vinegar). I don't see that one on your list but it would probably be a good thing to add. I spot treat with it, and if I don't have any active breakouts I use it on my t-zone and anywhere I have scars.

I used to use grapeseed oil all over my face when I did the BP regimen, but now that I'm off BP and eating well with plenty of good oils I find that I don't need much of a moisturizer other than the honey. Occasionally I like to massage a little grapeseed oil under my eyes to help heal my skin and fight fine lines and what not while I'm sleeping.

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The  lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

#4 DaftFrost

DaftFrost

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:18 AM

I don't do any, because I don't see much change anyways. Its all made internally. Just keeping it hydrated and proper sun exposure is a way to go.

Sea water has amazing healing powers though.

#5 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:21 AM

Use no cleansers. Wash my face with water only in the shower at night. Wipe with a damp wash cloth in the morning. Oil cleanse when I have eye makeup to remove and at random other times. Apply either a few drops of a quality high linoleic acid content oil such as grapeseed to a wet face or my concoction of aloe vera gel with a niacinimide capsule, green tea capsule and the oil. After showering before bedtime or with the aloe, I apply vegetable glycerine under my eyes.

I at times mix up an ACV diluted with brewed green tea toner, but that hasn't been my habit lately.

Edited by alternativista, 06 August 2012 - 09:26 AM.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users