4 replies to this topic

#1 Hutchdan

Hutchdan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:05 PM

Help make my topical one :D

So basically i've gone all out, i can choose between pure tea tree oil, grape seed oil, jojoba oil, apple cider vinegar, weak manuka honey.

What do i do with all this? this is like the powerhouse of all acne treatments, is it good to combine them?

Thanks for your help!

#2 Quetzl1

Quetzl1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:20 PM

You can do a mask with the honey maybe 3x a week. Jojoba oil is nice for moisturizing. Apple cider vinegar could be a good spot treatment, and if you put tea tree oil on a bandaid and leave it on overnight you'll probably see good improvement for any big ones.

I don't really use topicals any more since I'm convinced the problem is inside, and acne is just a symptom. But I've used most of these in the past.

Edited by Quetzl1, 04 August 2012 - 05:20 PM.

#3 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:19 PM

I used to do a honey mask twice a day, but recently have relaxed my facial regimen a bit and now I only do it when my skin feels dry, usually 2-3 times per week. The main topical I use is Indian Healing Clay (mixed with a tiny bit of apple vinegar). I don't see that one on your list but it would probably be a good thing to add. I spot treat with it, and if I don't have any active breakouts I use it on my t-zone and anywhere I have scars.

I used to use grapeseed oil all over my face when I did the BP regimen, but now that I'm off BP and eating well with plenty of good oils I find that I don't need much of a moisturizer other than the honey. Occasionally I like to massage a little grapeseed oil under my eyes to help heal my skin and fight fine lines and what not while I'm sleeping.

#4 DaftFrost

DaftFrost

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:18 AM

I don't do any, because I don't see much change anyways. Its all made internally. Just keeping it hydrated and proper sun exposure is a way to go.

Sea water has amazing healing powers though.

#5 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:21 AM

Use no cleansers. Wash my face with water only in the shower at night. Wipe with a damp wash cloth in the morning. Oil cleanse when I have eye makeup to remove and at random other times. Apply either a few drops of a quality high linoleic acid content oil such as grapeseed to a wet face or my concoction of aloe vera gel with a niacinimide capsule, green tea capsule and the oil. After showering before bedtime or with the aloe, I apply vegetable glycerine under my eyes.

I at times mix up an ACV diluted with brewed green tea toner, but that hasn't been my habit lately.

Edited by alternativista, 06 August 2012 - 09:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users