adult acne digestion dairy whole glycemic water chocolate natural low glycemic

2 replies to this topic

#1 ben111

ben111

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:18 AM

First, I'm not a doctor or a dermatologist, this natural way of getting acne clear is based on my personal trial and error experiences and on a lot of reading on this subject.
I am 28 yrs old and suffered from mild to moderate acne for about 10 years.
In the last year I have been clear by using 5 "rules" which I will outline below. The only time I broke out was because I broke one of these rules.
This system works great for me so I'm sharing it hoping it will help some of you as well.
Im referring to this as a system because you have to apply ALL 5 rules together for it to work.

My 5 rules for a clear skin:

1. Donít eat close to bedtime -†It doesnít necessarily mean donít eat at night, †it means donít eat at least 3 hours before going to sleep. So that depends when you are going to sleep. The exact number of hours changes from person to person and also depends on what you are eating, for example, if youíre eating a steak you should give yourself more time before going to sleep.†The reason behind this rule is the key to this whole system, your digestive system affects your skin. If you haveínt digested your food right, for any reason, and your skin tends to brake out, you would probably brake out. For me this is the starting point of treating adult acne - Taking care of your digestion. So donít eat close to when youíre going to sleep because the food would not digest right and you might find yourself feeling sorry the next morning.

2. Drink plenty of water - Drink a cup of water every hour or so. Spread your water intake throughout the day. This helps hydrate the skin, not letting it go dry and brake out, and also helps digestion. I CANT STRESS THIS ONE ENOUGH!!

3. Donít eat dairy foods and foods that contain cocoa - It seems one old myth is probably true, at least for me it is, DONT EAT CHOCOLATE! especially chocolate with high % of cocoa in it. Yes I know the high percentage of cocoa is healthy because it's full of antioxidants, but there are a lot of different sources for antioxidants.
As for dairy foods - at least in the first few weeks avoid any dairy, donít eat cheese, milk, yogurt, butter etc.. once you get your skin 100% clear do some trial and error with different dairy products and see what you can and what you canít eat.

4. Eat whole foods instead of processed foods - What i mean by whole foods is foods with low glycemic index. This refers to foods such as whole wheats, oats, lentils, whole rice and such. Donít eat high glycemic carbs such as processed foods, refined sugars, soft drinks etc. If youíre not used to eating whole foods at all than you should introduce them to your body gradually and not all at once. As for chewing your food, you should pay attention to how much you really chew your food before swallowing it, again this relates to good digestion.

5. Keep it hygiene - Donít touch your face with dirty hands, especially oily hands. Wash your face after every time you sweat or you find your skin too oily, no need to over wash it, just plain water.

This is what worked for me, A more detailed explanation of this system is available on http://5keysclearskin.tumblr.com
I would like to hear about your results with this system if you do try it.
Good luck!

#2 helpfulheart

helpfulheart

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:26 PM

I definitely agree with eating a whole foods diet. It has done wonders for me.

#3 This is my name

This is my name

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me
  • Interests:Music, guitar, art, disc golf, snowboarding, ninjutsu, video games, board games, reading, writing, concerts, apotheosis.

Achievements

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:43 PM

thanks for the post. i have been wondering about this for a while because i have had issues with my digestive system my whole life, although i didn't have acne until about 4 years ago. i eat pretty well so i don't think it has anything to do with my diet... hmmm....
Nothing works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users