Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spot Treating & Red Light Therapy

4 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! So I am happy to report that overall my acne has improved in the last 6 months due to Differin, Duac, and Birth Control. However I still get those pesky "once a month" pimples. It wouldn't bother me if the pimples didn't always leave bright red marks behind which of course take months to heal. I use Duac, which contains benzoyl peroxide, to spot treat. I have read that BP can worsen PIH and prolong the healing time. Is this true? And if so, what is a good spot treatment to use instead? Also has anyone tried or know about Red Light Therapy? I have researched it a little and supposedly when red light is applied to the skin it promotes healing. I would love your input!

Hi :)

Im afraid i cant really give an input on BP as ive never personally used it. But i can say the red light therapy worked great for me, especially when combined with blue light (the blue light kills bacteria, while the red light promotes healing). I had my first session about 5 months ago with a dermatologist but it was costing too much money overall so i bought my own red and blue light machine. I use it every second day and i have seen a big improvement in the redness of my skin.

I really recommend giving it a try. :) its non-invasive so the chances of side effects are literally zero.

....:Eye on the TV cos' tragedy thrills me, whatever flavour it happens to be:....

skeleton.jpg

Thanks lacy! The lms spotlights looked pretty good and a less expensive option as far as home treatment systems go.

BP definitely prolongs and darkens marks. http://allaboutskinlightening.net/2010/06/skin-lightening-myth-benzoyl-peroxide.html

This happened to me, and I just realized this a few days ago. This has left soooo many marks on my skin, and ones that I fear that may be close to permanent. I'm not sure about other methods, but I wish I knew about this earlier. Thinking back, I would definitely NOT use BP, as the marks are very depressing and last long. :C