acne bad mild to severe quick red dots whiteheads whitehead pimple pimples pop

5 replies to this topic

#1 IslaVista

IslaVista

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:12 AM

I don't know how this happened.. last year my skin was completely clear but ever since December I've gotten small pimples on my face.. not bad. But now ever since June my skin broke out like none other and even today I am still suffering from it. I count possibly around 15-25 pimples or red dots on each check. My right check is worse than my left check with the right having the most around the jaw line. Left check has some around the jaw line and some more on the left side of my neck. Right cheek also has some on the upper area. More have popped up around the eyebrows and forehead between them.

Please help.. I am freaking out by this and I obsolutly hate it. I don't get how it keeps getting worse.. I wash my face every 5-8 hours and shower daily. I use liquid neutrogena for the cleanser and I have tried multiple items against acne from using lemons, epsom salt, and I am currently using sea salt by mixing it with water as a mask. I tried the clean and clear kit also.. no success.

Gene wise, my mother had 0 acne. My father had a little but not as bad as I have. My sister also had acne but was no where severe as mine.

Heres a layout of my day and diet:
Early morning I always go for a run around 6-8am for about 4-8 miles. I wash my face right when I get home. I then tend to workout by weightlifting for a hour and a half and training boxing. I currently do not spar so no facial contact. Right after I drink a protein shake and eat a peanut butter sandwich. I know it can't be the peanut butter.. I am not allergic to it and the acne was bad b4 I started eating it. I always wash my face after working out. After I usually tend to do whatever from hanging out with friends to anything else. The whole day I never eat any junk food. I always eat fruit or something organic and healthy as I am a "nutrition nazi." I get about 8-10 hours of sleep a day.

I cannot find the route cause of this mess but ever since June I turned into a some kind of clean&clear lab experiment it seems. I constantly feel negative about it and I worry what people think of me about it. I really need help! I need someone who had severe acne who can tell me exactly what they did to get rid of it as I really need to get clear skin soon!

Also, back in June I put tanning oil on my face not thinking about it. It did break me out but you'd think it'd be fixed by now. I even tried sunburning the acne away. I've also tried BP and all it did was dry my face out. Mainly the acne is just whiteheads and flat red dots or small red bumps.

#2 Murph89

Murph89

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, MMA, photography, fishing.

Achievements

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:50 PM

bam. protein shake. Whey protein and most likely a shit ton of artificial ingredients and flavors. I would stop the whey protein and find a dairy free gainer such as a Plant Fusion or Vega.

#3 Megry

Megry

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

I am active and take Nectar whey protein shakes and have experienced acne for the last year... Since drinking protein shakes. Could the protein powder from "Milk", really cause acne?? Oh man. Time to find a new protein powder! :(

#4 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

Dairy and sugar = acne. Whey protein is particularly bad.

See this article: http://www.huffingto...a_b_822163.html

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#5 Megry

Megry

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:48 PM

Well I do not drink regular milk, I drink soy. And I do not eat sugar, rarely ever. And have been eating clean for 2 years. So, in my case I eat very clean and healthy and work out 4x a week. Cardio and heavy weights. I am going of the Nectar Protein. Is there a kind of protein I can take that doesn't contain milk product?

#6 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:21 PM

Well I do not drink regular milk, I drink soy. And I do not eat sugar, rarely ever. And have been eating clean for 2 years. So, in my case I eat very clean and healthy and work out 4x a week. Cardio and heavy weights. I am going of the Nectar Protein. Is there a kind of protein I can take that doesn't contain milk product?

Stop lifting weights for a while and see how it goes, as it messes up hormones, also avoid soy. Its worse than milk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users