clindamycin differin acne scars regimen acne ice pick

5 replies to this topic

#1 TO5693

TO5693

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:16 AM

Hi everyone. I was prescribed Clindamycin and Differin Gel by my doc for mild acne. I have very mild acne with the occassional hormonal monster pimple. I do not have much acne scars. I have about 2 or 3 very shallow pock marks and 1 ice pick scar on my cheek. But can someone with knowledge regarding this please tell me if:

1. Is it safe to exfoliate with a salicylic acid toner while on these two?

2. If yes, where does this go in my regimen? (Day or night, before or after putting on the clindamycin and differin gel)

3. Do I apply clindamycin and differin gel on my acne scars as well?

4. Does differin gel help with acne scarring?

Thanks everyone. Have a good day.

#2 DRaGZ

DRaGZ

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:51 PM

It depends on your definition of "scarring". What do you mean by "scarring"?

#3 TO5693

TO5693

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

Well I pretty much just have PIH. But I have a single pretty shallow ice pick scar and 1 or 2 small and shallow boxcar scars. My question is should I apply the differin gel on those scars and will it help?

#4 DRaGZ

DRaGZ

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

Well I pretty much just have PIH. But I have a single pretty shallow ice pick scar and 1 or 2 small and shallow boxcar scars. My question is should I apply the differin gel on those scars and will it help?

Topicals generally do not help scars. The best I have every seen is topical tretinoin (Retin-A and its derivatives), and it only works on very shallow scars, and it takes months to work, and even then you'll only see minor improvement.

#5 TO5693

TO5693

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:04 PM

Topicals generally do not help scars. The best I have every seen is topical tretinoin (Retin-A and its derivatives), and it only works on very shallow scars, and it takes months to work, and even then you'll only see minor improvement.

Well I am not really overly self conscious of my scars because I really just have very little but from what I have read, Differin stimulates collagen and I just assumed that it COULD help with non-superficial scars.

#6 DRaGZ

DRaGZ

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:37 PM

Well I am not really overly self conscious of my scars because I really just have very little but from what I have read, Differin stimulates collagen and I just assumed that it COULD help with non-superficial scars.

Differing works pretty much like tretinoin, it's just a type that doesn't conflict directly with the effects of BP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users