50 replies to this topic

#41 Sasch83

Sasch83

Veteran Member

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:57 AM

HELP
Question:
About 5 days ago my eyes got puffy and red, still kind of red. BUT now I got these tiny bruises on both of my hips..very dark. I wonder if its Accutane?

Bruising on accutane is quite normal. Bruises may also take longer to heal as this drug slows your ability to heal wounds. As for the puffy eyes, i would ring your derm and get their take on it just to make sure you're not having a reaction. Rashes are one thing but swollen parts and puffiness are another.

Keep us posted and i hope everything works out.

Your not ment tO use spot treatments when on accutane , and alcohol shouldn't really be consumed either !

I disagree in regards to drinking on Accutane. My physician was fully aware of my intent/follow through in drinking while on treatment. The only thing you need be aware of Is that consuming alcohol within 24 hours of your Lipid panel being drawn can cause an exogenous/artificial elevation in your liver panel; which may alarm your physician into blaming Accutane. That being said, for lack of better words, I routinely (weekly) reinvented being shitfaced on Accutane. I never had a lower tolerance, got hungover easier (I never get hung over though), experienced insomnia, etc. I personally think its alright to drink, just do it intelligently and in a manner not allowing it to interrupt your course.

Drinking on accutane at the same rate as drinking when you're not on it is really a dumb thing to do. Just because you're not hungover and didn't suffer from insomnia, it doesn't mean that the alcohol is not affecting your body. As a repeat accutane user who treated my body like shit while i was on it, i can tell you that all the negligence can come back to haunt you years down the line. But it's your life, your body. Just don't be irresponsible by saying to others that its ok to drink away while on accutane.

#42 aracon504

aracon504

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Conversation, Politics, Everything Controversial, Being smashed, shopping/spending money, guitars/music, vainity...

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:08 PM

HELP
Question:
About 5 days ago my eyes got puffy and red, still kind of red. BUT now I got these tiny bruises on both of my hips..very dark. I wonder if its Accutane?

Bruising on accutane is quite normal. Bruises may also take longer to heal as this drug slows your ability to heal wounds. As for the puffy eyes, i would ring your derm and get their take on it just to make sure you're not having a reaction. Rashes are one thing but swollen parts and puffiness are another.

Your not ment tO use spot treatments when on accutane , and alcohol shouldn't really be consumed either !

I disagree in regards to drinking on Accutane. My physician was fully aware of my intent/follow through in drinking while on treatment. The only thing you need be aware of Is that consuming alcohol within 24 hours of your Lipid panel being drawn can cause an exogenous/artificial elevation in your liver panel; which may alarm your physician into blaming Accutane. That being said, for lack of better words, I routinely (weekly) reinvented being shitfaced on Accutane. I never had a lower tolerance, got hungover easier (I never get hung over though), experienced insomnia, etc. I personally think its alright to drink, just do it intelligently and in a manner not allowing it to interrupt your course.

Drinking on accutane at the same rate as drinking when you're not on it is really a dumb thing to do. Just because you're not hungover and didn't suffer from insomnia, it doesn't mean that the alcohol is not affecting your body. As a repeat accutane user who treated my body like shit while i was on it, i can tell you that all the negligence can come back to haunt you years down the line. But it's your life, your body. Just don't be irresponsible by saying to others that its ok to drink away while on accutane.

Oh please, I did not force anybody to subscribe to my personal belief, nor did I claim to be responsible. I do, however, claim to provide anecdotal evidence that drinking while on Accutane isn't a big deal if lipid panel is within normal range. I realize the pharmacokinetics behind the medication may be beyond you, but fact is, I happen to be studying medicine. Acetaminophen is MUCH more dangerous in combination with alcohol, and the combination is consumed by millions. If we are going to play idealist, consuming a CNS depressant such as alcohol is bad for you any way, so don't do it. Caffeine, cellphones, and artificial sweeteners also cause cancer, so do not do them. I will continue my irresponsibility by offering my opinion, thank you for approval.

#43 Sasch83

Sasch83

Veteran Member

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:58 AM

HELP
Question:

Oh please, I did not force anybody to subscribe to my personal belief, nor did I claim to be responsible. I do, however, claim to provide anecdotal evidence that drinking while on Accutane isn't a big deal if lipid panel is within normal range. I realize the pharmacokinetics behind the medication may be beyond you, but fact is, I happen to be studying medicine. Acetaminophen is MUCH more dangerous in combination with alcohol, and the combination is consumed by millions. If we are going to play idealist, consuming a CNS depressant such as alcohol is bad for you any way, so don't do it. Caffeine, cellphones, and artificial sweeteners also cause cancer, so do not do them. I will continue my irresponsibility by offering my opinion, thank you for approval.

No need to get rude at all (just because you are studying medicine doesn't give you the right to get snide) l. I get that that is your opinion which is fine and dandy but when you have many a college/high school age people using these forums as their sole source of information you have to be careful what you say (at the very least consider how your words may be interpreted). Sure other things can kill you but knowing what we know about accutane, its better to be safe than sorry and keep alcohol use to a minimum. But whatever, you're going to have your opinion and i will mine. Let's agree to disagree on this one.

#44 iCogito

iCogito

I am nobody's little weasel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:readin, art,music.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

Sasch Thank you!
Day 93, my Day 3 on 60 mg a day
I woke up today without active pimples only healing ones. So I really hope Ill get better. My puffy eyes are gone, and doctor said he has no idea why I had them. I guess some allergy reaction (that I never had before).

#45 iCogito

iCogito

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

Day 100
So Im taking 60 mg a day for over a week now. For a week I had no active acne and old ones were healing. But the last 3 days I got 3 new cysts. Im trying not to panic. It felt amazing having smooth skin for a whole week!!
As far as my face goes..Im using Cerave as I need it, skin gets dry around mouth and under my nose- looks weird with the makeup on. For lips I found that wet and wild lipgloss keeps them smooth for longer.

#46 iCogito

iCogito

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

Day 82(yes, I was wrong before.lol)
My skin does not break out anymore. Its been just healing since the last 3 cysts. Spots healing slowly...so far no active pimples, smooth skin. LOVIN IT!!!!
I just wash my face twice a day, I love Jason's C Toner..cleans my skin so nicely. I use a little amount of Cerave twice a day. My lips are dry..have weird dry skin around my mouth and under my nose..barely noticeable. Seems like my eyes started getting dark circles..pretty dark.

#47 iCogito

iCogito

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

Almost 4 months!!
Im 6 days away from completing my month 4! Im on 60 mg.
In my month 4 I had no breakout. I only had tiny 4pimples that disapeared within a day. My skin is clear and healing.
My major problem are my dry lips. I still coping with them, and nothing really helps.
I still clean my face with Biore cleanser(the white one, detoxing) then I use Jargon's Vitamin C toner..it cleans AMAZING. After that Cerave! I use Nivea for my lips and Loreal Lipgloss.I take Fish Oil and vitamin E when I remember...

#48 iCogito

iCogito

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

I wanted to add that I just ADORE Neutrogena's Healthy Skin foundation. I love love love it. I've been using it for 2 months now, at first I used it for everyday and for special ocassions I would use Dounble Wear light. But now since the skin is healing so well I use it all the time. I apply it with a beauty blender, and just love how my skin looks and feels.

#49 iCogito

iCogito

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

So Im in my month 5, started my month 5 on December 6.

I've been feeling tired after work for the past 3 weeks.. I was blaming it on the time change and the weather. I've realized its getting worse. I dont wanna go out after work or even on my days off. I feel very tired. I also have muscle aches like Ive been working out a lot, but I dont work out. At work all I wanna do is just sit and do noting..so lazy!!!!Feel weak.:( As far as my face goes, its all good. I got a tiny pimple on my forehead yesterday and today it was gone. My lips are still chapped ALL the time.

#50 iCogito

iCogito

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:29 AM

Ah...I dont remember what day it is. Im still in month 5
I am doing 6 months in total.
Im happy about my acne-none at the moment, very scared that it will be back in the future.
I still have scars..spots...I bet people can tell I have a shitty skin. A lot of people telling me my skin looks GREAT but maybe they mean in the comparison to what it was.
I feel like I have dark circles, and I have dry patches around my shoulders.
I feel my dry lips have negative affect on my love life. Lip gloss helps..but my guy just HATEs lip gloss..without lip gloss they are dry and nasty..brrr
Overall I am still HAPPY I went on Accutane. I wish I did it sooner..but I didn't have insurance before..
ps. this is what my skin looked like before Accutane (Its WITH MAKEUP not just makeup with Revlon COlorstay... meaning the best I could look with acne).

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG1006.jpg

Edited by iCogito, 14 December 2012 - 01:31 AM.

#51 iCogito

iCogito

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

Okay, so I am back!

Today I am starting my second course!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users