dillon log acne face regimen scars skin peel time

33 replies to this topic

#21 acneinmytwenties

acneinmytwenties

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

Ahhh! I just started the regimen, and although we have different skin problems, your log makes me so excited to continue!! Congrats on your results!!!

#22 Dillon S

Dillon S

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Steam - TheCoolestUsername
    Live - ExplainedLake98

Achievements

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:47 PM

Phew, now moved past week 8. Skin has been flaking like crazy all week, cheeks are much much better, and forehead... Well, is getting there. I've noticed shaving removes most of the flakiness.. So I'm going to try and do that as often as I can.

Here are some pics taken with my new iPhone 5 Posted Image and my 4 is on eBay, so now expect better quality and colors!
IMG_0049.jpg
IMG_0051.jpg
IMG_0053.jpg

#23 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

hey bro, my face is kind of like yours, except worst.

Imagine waking up every day with the amount of flaking you originally had. That is how my face is like, and i use zero products

#24 Dillon S

Dillon S

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
    Live - ExplainedLake98

Achievements

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

Here's pics for both Week 9 & 10:

IMG_0107.JPG

Week 10:

IMG_0204.JPG

There really isn't much else to take pictures of, I'm pretty much healed. As of right now I might get 1 to 2 pimples a week, but they are rather small, and I can get rid of them in a day. My acne is under control now, and I still have mild flakiness, but I've been using more lotion to fix that.

I went to my dermatologist on 10/2, and he said my redness is pretty much all gone, and that all I have is scarring, which goes away within 6 months or so. I asked him about laser treatment or mederma for scar treatment, and he said neither would do anything. He said scarring is the blood vessels deep down in the skin, and merderma is pretty much expensive sunscreen and laser treatment may not do anything.

So I will continue washing my face and everything, and yes I do take bactrim, which has significantly helped my chest and bacne. Just scarring now, and hopefully that will fade before I start my semester at OU. Thank you Dan and everyone for being here and helping me out. It's been a long journey, and I never thought I would get rid of my acne. Now I have confidence and love looking and feeling of my skin. It's so smooth and soft. I wake up every morning calling myself a sexy beast lol. I will upload photos for week 11 and 12, but will cease to upload then for a couple of months maybe... But I will still stay on the forums and help others that need advice.

Again, thank you all! Posted Image I love you all. Don't give up. This actually works. Physical evidence all in this forum.

hey bro, my face is kind of like yours, except worst.

Imagine waking up every day with the amount of flaking you originally had. That is how my face is like, and i use zero products

Hey man, try using Cetaphil non-comedogenic moisturizing lotion if your face is really dry. Try jojoba oil too. I understand how uncomfortable flakiness can be, but try shaving to, that usually helps me get rid of some dead skin.

#25 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

im contemplating trying an acne.org regimen, but last time i tried it, didn't work out too well :(

#26 Dillon S

Dillon S

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
    Live - ExplainedLake98

Achievements

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

im contemplating trying an acne.org regimen, but last time i tried it, didn't work out too well Posted Image

Why not? What happened?

#27 XXYY

XXYY

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:07 AM

so inspiring! and i cant believe how the redness has died down so much. Just a quick question - what exactly is your regimen? your signiature says you're on the acne.org products but you mention cetaphil, and i was wondering what exactly youre using that has worked so well for you.

#28 Dillon S

Dillon S

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
    Live - ExplainedLake98

Achievements

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:25 AM

I actually varied between all products. I used acne.org products the most until I ran out. Now I just wash my face once a day with purpose. I think my acne phase has finally died off because I rarely get any pimples now.

#29 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

It's getting close to another week of the regimen for me. I currently have been taking Bactrim-DS for about 4 days now and have noticed some minor results on my chest and back. A horrible side effect of this medicine is that it turns my eyes bloodshot red... The eye doctor just told me to use eyedrops for my contact lenses.

Also, my skin is flaking like crazy and is very dry. It may appear that I am wearing lipstick, that's not the case... The camera app decided to brighten lighter colors:
attachicon.gifphoto(2).JPG

I can apply Jojoba oil and it handles the flakiness very well. I only use it during the day though, or if my face is so dry at night I can't stand it. Great product.

Dillon, my face looks like this now.  it's scary especially since my flakes are yellow like the moisturizer.  When did that disappear for you?

Glad that you are doing so well.  I take it you're off the regimen now?

#30 Dillon S

Dillon S

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
    Live - ExplainedLake98

Achievements

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

It took about a good 2-3 months before the flaking finally let off. It will be hard, but it's worth it, trust me. I had to go to my job everyday flaking and even though it hurt and was embarrassing, it finally stopped.

I am off the regimen now and I just take Bactrim-DS and wash my face once a day.

#31 Faith in Butterflies

Faith in Butterflies

Princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

Wow your skin looks amazing!!

You're def an inspiration, thank you for posting pics so now all of us can have hope biggrin.png

#32 Dillon S

Dillon S

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
    Live - ExplainedLake98

Achievements

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

Just an update:

Here is my skin condition currently (photos taken with iPhone 5 front camera)

IMG_0321.jpg
IMG_0322.jpg
IMG_0323.jpg

Edited by Dillon S, 12 May 2014 - 12:13 AM.

#33 Dillon S

Dillon S

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
    Live - ExplainedLake98

Achievements

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:18 AM

Hey forum,

just wanted to update again. This is probably going to be the final update for a long time because everything's going good and staying about the same! smile.png

I occasionally get a pimple every now and then, but it's always small and goes away within a day or so. Not a really big deal. Redness has completely faded, look for yourself (the pictures are a year apart),

me_1.jpg

me_2.jpg

Anyway, let me know if you have any questions! This has been a long battle that many of us have to face, but you can make it through. Have a good summer!

#34 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:19 PM

are you still on the regimen?  if not, how long have you been off?  what's your routine like?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users