3 replies to this topic

#1 mslone

mslone

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

I bought my daughter some over the counter acne treatment called "Clear" under the aleavia brand. My pharmacist recommended it to me over accutane but i was wondering if anyone had ever used it. Let me know. Thanks

#2 ClearDreaming

ClearDreaming

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:59 PM

I'm afraid you may have posted this on the wrong board. The acne.org products board is for Dan's products.
You should have much better luck posting this onto the 'Store bought supplies' board I believe it's called. (It's just the one below on the main board index)
:)
Good luck
Started (Ro)Accutane :)
Month 1- 20mg
Month 2- 50mg
Month 3- 50mg

I literally do not care what you think about accutane, it was MY choice to take it, respect that.

#3 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:49 PM

You're using the Aleavia Clear spray? Supposedly it contains ingredients that stimulate good bacteria on the skin. Honestly it sounds like a scam. If you want to use pre-biotics or probiotics you should be taking them in pill form, not spraying them on your face.

And they recommended it over ACCUTANE? Worlds apart...

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#4 primated

primated

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:02 PM

Hi,
@MSLONE, You would think that on a board called 'Acne.org' that the discussion would be about Acne and just just about Dan's Products.
@Green Gables, Yes the two products are worlds apart. Accutane (Isotretinoin) is used to treat severe nodular Acne. Let me ask you, have you tried any of the Aleavia Products? I have a daughter who is on hormonal treatments because she is developing early. At 9 years old, she broke out with pretty severe acne, for a nine year old. Clearasil and other over the counter products didn't work, recommendations from her doctor didn't work. The Aleavia products are showing a good improvement in her skin.

Me, I'm a fan of it and when you compare it to what you have in the footer part of your post, Spironolactone? Have you looked that up? Here are some of the Side Effects listed in Wikipedia:

Side effects

The most common side effect of spironolactone is urinary frequency. Other general side effects include ataxia, drowsiness, dry skin, and rashes. Because it also affects the androgen receptors, spironolactone can cause gynecomastia andfeminization in general, testicular atrophy, and sexual dysfunction consisting of loss of libido and erectile dysfunction in males,[52] and in females it can cause menstrual irregularities and breast tenderness and enlargement.[10]

Spironolactone may put patients at a heightened risk for bleeding from the stomach and duodenum, though a causal relationship between the two has not been established.[53] Also, it has been shown to be immunosuppressive in the treatment ofsarcoidosis.[54]

Do we really want to subject our kids bodies to these possible side effects? One of the things that I liked most about the Aleavia products and what made me want to try them is that they are all natural, the thing that keeps me using them is that they work.

You can call the products a scam if you want, but you haven't tried them, you haven't even really researched them and they are better then recommending products like Spironolactone that can severely mess with your body and feminize men.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users