My Beard Experiment

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_T.M._*

Guest_T.M._*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:55 AM

Last year I had a go at growing a beard to see if it would help with my acne. I only break out around my mouth and had thought that maybe shaving might be the culprit. My memory's not great but I can remember it went well and I wasn't sure why I shaved in the end. Anyway, I thought I 'd give it another go and started again about 3-4 weeks ago (my memory is awful). All went well until about 10 days ago when I felt a spot coming through. I blew it off but another 2 or 3 also appeared a few days ago and I started losing confidence.

Anyway, yesterday I'd had enough of the itching and combined with the breakouts I had gave up and proceeded to trim it down and have a shave. I took me a good 1/2 hour with trimming it down and then 2 shaves to finish off. My mouth is pretty covered with about 8 pustules and I've started back on the regimen. I should be clear in a week or 2 as I know my skin pretty well after all these years but I'm disappointed to be back using the BP and just the whole routine which I didn't miss. Being a guy it was great jumping in and out of the shower and away you went but this seems to be how it is.

I'm 36 today and have been using the regimen since 1999-2000 and I'm glad I found it as I was getting down back then. My skin could also be a lot worse and I fell lucky in that way. Anyway just though I'd share that.

Best of luck.

#2 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Hiking, Weight Lifting

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:07 PM

I've noticed too that shaving can irritate my skin around my chin and the sides of my mouth. Sometimes I'll get mini-cysts near my chin and mouth when I shave too roughly with a blade, so I've started using a little gentle beard/mustache trimmer for those areas. I also notice when I shave my cheeks the skin of my cheeks is like abnormally red and irritated once I finish, but after I go to bed that night and wake up the next day the skin calms down and goes back to normal. I've taken to rocking the five o clock shadow look pretty much all the time, because it does a good job of covering up old scars on my cheeks. I just keep it trimmed and well-maintained.

#3 Clearwaters

Clearwaters

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

I've had it with shaving. No more. Beard trimmer all the way for me now. Shaving is such a P in the A for me. Working out how often to shave has given me unending grief and confusion. Too often I get redness and irritation, not enough and I get break outs. Forget it and rock the five o'clock all the way. Looks more masc anyway.

#4 Guest_T.M._*

Guest_T.M._*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:16 AM

Do you guys use BP? I find it a nightmare to get it to sink into stubble along with the moisturiser.

#5 Cannabliss

Cannabliss

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:aquariums, fish, music, etc

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:25 AM

I've had it with shaving. No more. Beard trimmer all the way for me now. Shaving is such a P in the A for me. Working out how often to shave has given me unending grief and confusion. Too often I get redness and irritation, not enough and I get break outs. Forget it and rock the five o'clock all the way. Looks more masc anyway.

you said it buddy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users