oily skin oily

1 reply to this topic

#1 Tyler R

Tyler R

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:02 AM

After reading numerous post on this topic in this forum I have come to the conclusion that oily skin is something that most of us will have to deal with our whole lives. Besides Accutane, nothing seems to stop the oil from over producing and making our lives miserable, especially, for people like me whose 50 year old mom has oily skin/acne prone skin, so it seems hereditary.

Is there seriously anything out there besides Accutane and the diet changes which only help individually? I honestly don't think so and we are plagued for the rest of our lives....

#2 jetaime

jetaime

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Outdoors, movies, volunteering, food, music, laughing, traveling, riding bicycles, being around nice/loving people & guys w/ accents;)

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

You know some people with oily skin hate it, others dont mind. Personally, I hate oily skin with a passion! My dad had oily skin, his brother and their parents so yeah I was doomed before I was even born. ha. But for months ive been searching for something to get rid of the oiliness and it is a very disappointing journey I must admit. You go to the Derms and they say sorry we cannot do anything for it and they act like your crazy for wanting to stop it so badly.(at least ive felt that way from how the Derms acted when I talked about oily skin) And accutane isnt a cure for oily skin, some people say it is but in my research it only reduces oily skin while taking the drug. Then when you go off either you stay oil free for a few months or sometimes longer but for the majority of people it comes back eventually. I have learned to stop believing the claims of something reducing oily skin and just accepting it. Yes I have oily skin that feels gross, looks shiny and makes my makeup melt off but I have no control over it. I can't help that I was born with overactive oil glands, it is just the way I was born. I do hope for the future, that may be considered false hope but it keeps me going, thinking one day..maybe just one day I will be able to go an entire day without feeling like my face is suffocating from the oil spill that my pores cause every single day of my life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users