Can't Stop Popping Pimples!

5 replies to this topic

#1 JennG

JennG

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:46 PM

Hi everyone! So i just finished my second week on the regimen, and I'm experiencing the redness, flakiness, and breakouts and all that, but that's not what's concerning me. What I'm worried about is that I cannot, for the life of me, stop popping my pimples and I was wondering, will this stop the regimen from working? If I'm constantly popping, will progress still be made? I appreciate any help/comments!

#2 Luminouslight

Luminouslight

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:20 PM

You might still get progress but what you're doing is just further irritating and possibly scarring yourself by picking. Picking is the worst possible thing you can do! Try to keep yourself busy or not think about it to not pick.

#3 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me
  • Interests:I love spending time with people I love. And i love clear skin :P

Achievements

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:42 PM

Hello:) I have also started the regimen 2 weeks ago yay!

And as for your question, it can further your breakouts. The reason behind this is because you are irritating your skin by popping them. So you may pop one pimples but intern you might be getting 2 in place. Just try and stop. I know it is hard because I have pretty severe acne and I just want to pop the crap out of them, but I am not helping my skin, just causing more unwanted breakouts :(

So lets TRY and keep our faces hands free, shall we?

Also! before I forget, you can be scaring your skin! You do not want to have clear skin with scars and holes in your face! So hands off missy! :)

New Regimen (Thyme Tincture): http://www.acne.org/...g/#entry3381600

My gallery: http://www.acne.org/...reisalwayshope/ (You will have to click "gallery")

There Is Always Hope

#4 JennG

JennG

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:32 PM

Thank you so much, both of you!
And I already have some scarring on my face form popping, it's just so hard!
Do you guys have any tactics that prevent you from popping pimples?

Edited by JennG, 29 July 2012 - 06:32 PM.

#5 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me
  • Interests:Boxing, cycling, reading, learning to speak french (tres mal), public speaking, bush walking/hiking, chocolate - well actually food in general, and perfect skin.... gazing admiringly at people's perfect skin.

Achievements

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:21 AM

Jenn, I'm dreadful at picking and popping pimples. I even go as far as going into my bathroom at a particular time of day when I know the sun will shine through the window at just the right angle that shows up every last lump, bump and pore in my face. I can assure you that even if you pop and pick your face, the regimen will eventually work (i'm proof of that) but believe me, it will work a lot quicker if you manage to leave your face alone.

I no longer get pimples, blackheads, lump or bumps any more (so long as I follow the regimen) but I still find myself going into the bathroom to forensically inspect my face. Just these days I don't find anything to pick.... A bit boring really Posted Image

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo.  I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month.  I can live with that smile.png

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry.  In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.

#6 Skintuition

Skintuition

1 Year On The DKR

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:finding a cure for acne :)

Achievements

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:34 PM

hi. i used to have a habit of obsessively picking at my skin, trust me, it's probably one of the worst things you can do for your skin, and even worse doing it on the regimen. Picking will slow your skins' healing process, and picking at already inflamed acne will make it last longer.

here's a few things you can try to stop picking:
- wear gloves
- cut your fingernails really short (it's weird but it works)
- get a thick, gooey moisturizer that will prevent you from wanting to touch your face
- doing things with your hands like typing on a keyboard

hope this helps!

Edited by WonderfulStrawberry, 31 July 2012 - 10:37 PM.

Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users