Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Long Will It Take!?

13 posts in this topic

hey u guys i've a problem that's been bothering me for a while i've been using the regemin for almost 2 months and so far i'm happy with the results the thing is every time a zit goes away it leaves these red dots or marks and i'm just wondering how long will it take for them to go away?? and is there any thing i can do to make them disappear faster????(excuse my english)

thanks

Benzyol Peroxide does that for some people, like a side effect. I used BP for 3 years and I've had my marks for 6+ years. Use with caution.

You may find some use in Manuka honey, or Tumeric for those marks.

1 person likes this

"Long hair makes a good looking man, beautiful and an ugly man fierce"

try some emu oil for the red marks.

1 person likes this

I used Epiduo (which has BP in it) and took Monodox 2x a day. I also exfoliated almost everyday. My marks faded significantly by 6 months...they're not COMPLETELY gone but they are virtually invisible unless you inspect my skin now.

Basically it depends on the person. Some people's skin heals faster than others.

1 person likes this

[CURRENT REGIMEN]

AM:

Wash with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel (European version) + Clarisonic Mia

Apply CeraVe AM Moisturizer w/ SPF 30

Apply Aczone (dapsone)

PM:

Wash with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel + Clarisonic Mia
Apply CeraVe PM Moisturizer
Apply Epiduo (adapalene + benzoyl peroxide)
50 mg of Spironolactone

[CURRENT STATUS]
90% clear

I used Epiduo (which has BP in it) and took Monodox 2x a day. I also exfoliated almost everyday. My marks faded significantly by 6 months...they're not COMPLETELY gone but they are virtually invisible unless you inspect my skin now.

Basically it depends on the person. Some people's skin heals faster than others.

What did you use to exfoliate?

Well back while I was in school and my hyperpigmentation was bad, I used Neutrogena Blackhead Scrub because it was all I had. Now I use the Olay Pro-X Cleansing System and it works really well.

1 person likes this

[CURRENT REGIMEN]

AM:

Wash with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel (European version) + Clarisonic Mia

Apply CeraVe AM Moisturizer w/ SPF 30

Apply Aczone (dapsone)

PM:

Wash with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel + Clarisonic Mia
Apply CeraVe PM Moisturizer
Apply Epiduo (adapalene + benzoyl peroxide)
50 mg of Spironolactone

[CURRENT STATUS]
90% clear

so basically exfoliation is good for these marks????i was too afraid of irritation i guess i'll give it a try and see how my skin is gonna react to that thanks guys

Yeah, I noticed BP was good for drying out the acne, but the marks would last for years! So frustrating. Now I use the Olay Pro-X Brush for exfoliation (love it!) I don't recommend this for everyone because it can be dangerous, but if the marks ever get really bad you can do a TCA peel. I was really happy with the results when I did it.

2 people like this

My Regimen

Morning:
*Apply Olay Regenerist Micropurifying Foaming wash & use Clarisonic
(Love, love, love this thing!!)
*Estee Lauder Day Wear Moisturizer

Night:
*Olay Regenerist Micro-Purifying Foaming Cleanser
*Olay Regenerist Night Recovery Cream

Miscellaneous:
*Yaz BC *TCA Peels (15%) *Steam treatment *Psyllium Husk Caps

Current Status: Clear

Yeah, I noticed BP was good for drying out the acne, but the marks would last for years! So frustrating. Now I use the Olay Pro-X Brush for exfoliation (love it!) I don't recommend this for everyone because it can be dangerous, but if the marks ever get really bad you can do a TCA peel. I was really happy with the results when I did it.

I use tretinoin cream and vitamin c serum for redmarks, but I have been super pleased with TCA peels in the past. I think using 15% (1-2 layer) spot treating has been the best for dark spots. I agree that they're not for everyone and can be dangerous too.

People say it can take years for red marks to go away, but I think it really depends on your type of acne. I find that if I get primarily whiteheads, the red marks they leave behind seem to fade faster in comparison to "deeper" spots such as cysts. I also find that on some areas of your face, red marks seem to heal faster. For example, for whatever reason, if I get a spot above my lip area, the mark seems to be gone in almost a week. But thats just me.