Ingrown Hairs

4 replies to this topic

#1 Murph89

Murph89

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, MMA, photography, fishing.

Achievements

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:34 PM

I constantly get in grown hairs that turn into puss fill pimples on my mustache line. No matter what I shave with, I get them when the hair starts to grow back. I've considered shaving my mustache area every day to prevent it, but I can't shave over red inflamed pimple bmps. It's getting rediculous. Any tips? It's the only spot on my face that I get pimples or in grown hair FROM shaving.

#2 Murph89

Murph89

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:35 PM

I just wanted to update this. Since ive switched from an electric razor with no cream to a single blade disposable razor with trader joe's shaving cream, I havent gotten 1 ingrown hair on my mustache. Plus, its MUCH faster to shave this way vs the electric razor.

#3 Norris

Norris

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:42 PM

Yes, although I don't have much facial hair, and haven't had any experience with ingrown hairs at all, I use to get a lot of acne near shaving areas when I used electric / multi blade.

I've recently changed my shaving process, inspired by the forum the website groominglounge.
- I use the Daniel Kern washing cleanser
- Dry my face, but leave shaving area moist.
- I put a few drops of jojobe oil on my palm, and lightly work it into the areas that require shaving, lightly brushing the hairs against the grain, away from the skin.
- I then take a small amount of shaving cream (not foam) and cover the area that is already covered with jojobe oil.
- Shave gently, "feather-light" like Daniel says.

I found after doing this for almost a year, shaving is no problem for me, and I don't get acne in shaving areas like I use to.
Hope this helps~~

#4 Murph89

Murph89

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:36 AM

Yes, although I don't have much facial hair, and haven't had any experience with ingrown hairs at all, I use to get a lot of acne near shaving areas when I used electric / multi blade.

I've recently changed my shaving process, inspired by the forum the website groominglounge.
- I use the Daniel Kern washing cleanser
- Dry my face, but leave shaving area moist.
- I put a few drops of jojobe oil on my palm, and lightly work it into the areas that require shaving, lightly brushing the hairs against the grain, away from the skin.
- I then take a small amount of shaving cream (not foam) and cover the area that is already covered with jojobe oil.
- Shave gently, "feather-light" like Daniel says.

I found after doing this for almost a year, shaving is no problem for me, and I don't get acne in shaving areas like I use to.
Hope this helps~~

I was actually thinking of shaving purely with jojoba oil. Thoughts?

#5 Norris

Norris

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:16 AM

Well, Jojoba oil makes facial hair soft and makes shaving frictionless.

But I find, adding a good cream/foam helps lift the hair to a better angle to make shaving easier and nick-free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users