Photo

Accutane 5 Month Course Complete (With Pics)

accutane pictures log aha alpha hydroxy acid makeup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 Tasnia

Tasnia

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

Hey everyone!
I finished my accutane course last sunday...and I don't even know what to say...
I'm a 22 year old university student that leads a busy ish life.
The journey has been bittersweet, although the sweet overshadowed the bitter, if I say so myself.
I was on 40mg 2x a day, thus you can imagine, side effects did creep up on me.
I experienced a lot of back/joint pain several times during my course, and at times, it was unbearable--I couldn't even move. That scared me to pieces, it would happen after long days at work/ at the gym/ long days where I'd walk alot (i.e. going shopping, etc)--Although I understand the medication did take a toll on me at times, especially since I was sensitive to everything... My lips were dry--ugh, horrible feeling. My elbow was dry, it was disgusting.

However-- NOTHING ...no side effect that I experienced made me ever quit. Thankfully, my body reacted well to the medication and I was able to complete my course successfully. I am really happy it's over with (hopefully, It will be permanent, but my research posits that a lot of individuals trying accutane had to do a second/third course....and IF I were to be amongst those unfortunate enough; I'd do it all over again.]

I am ecstatic with the results, and , although some scars remain-- I have never imagined my skin to look so good after 5 months of accutane. I know accutane is not for everyone, but it seemed to be my solution. Although, I just did finish the course last week , alas , I am premature with my response, I do hope I'm right.

p.s. I used cetaphil sunscreen on my face, and cetaphil cleanser along with accutane +vaseline...everywhere. hah,

Well, if anyone wants to discuss this drug, feel free to message/ post here!!

Here are some pictures.....I did post a couple of months ago with my midway progress..but here I am..
NONE of these pictures have makeup---I know a lot of us ladies post accutane pics/progression pics with makeup on. I don;t really understand that---although my before picture is embarassing; I really wanted to show you guys HOW much this drug has helped me...thus= in these pics, although not fabulous, I have no makeup...ugh..haha.
I still have acne scars, and, I can't do anything about them for at least 6 months [as my derm mentioned], hopefully, they will start fading..

BEFORE:
http://img.photobuck...ox/IMG_2954.jpg
http://img.photobuck...ox/IMG_2955.jpg

MIDWAY:
http://img.photobuck...ox/IMG_3192.jpg
http://img.photobuck...ox/IMG_3243.jpg
http://img.photobuck...ox/IMG_3483.jpg

AFTER/NOW:

http://img.photobuck...ox/IMG_5262.jpg
http://img.photobuck...ox/IMG_5259.jpg
http://img.photobuck...ox/IMG_5258.jpg

cheers,
Tasnia.

Edited by Tasnia, 27 July 2012 - 02:37 PM.

#2 Layla345

Layla345

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

WOW! Congrats on your success, its very inspiring. I want to try Accutane but I heard it could cause severe hair loss and that also its super expensive because I don't have insurance. Advice?

#3 Guest_*Spiro*_*

Guest_*Spiro*_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:08 PM

OMG you look amazing!! I remember the day you started! How scared we both were! I have another month since I am doing a 6 month course! That is amazing results and I am so happy for you! This medication can do incredible things can't it? Keep me updated on how things are going afterwards. Like how fast your lips heal and the aches and pains go away. The lips are pain aren't they? Im SO excited for you to be complete! Congratulations sweetie!

#4 Tasnia

Tasnia

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:12 PM

WOW! Congrats on your success, its very inspiring. I want to try Accutane but I heard it could cause severe hair loss and that also its super expensive because I don't have insurance. Advice?

Thank you so much!! Thankfully, I did not experience any hair loss, phew! But I have read upon some people who have... It is super expensive, my employer covers it fully...but it was like 145$/month [canadian] for 40mg per pill /2x a day...Did you consult your dermatologist about accutane? The thing about this, is that...in terms of side effects, you never know that you can have--that's what's scary. What I did experience wasn't super horrible at all--except for the joint pain!
You should talk to your derm about it definitely. It is something worth thinking about!

#5 Murph89

Murph89

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

wow amazing. Congrats and it made me smile seeing you smile in that last picture. You knowing your not 100% clear, but you seem comfortable with your skin. Congrats.

#6 Tasnia

Tasnia

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:15 PM

OMG you look amazing!! I remember the day you started! How scared we both were! I have another month since I am doing a 6 month course! That is amazing results and I am so happy for you! This medication can do incredible things can't it? Keep me updated on how things are going afterwards. Like how fast your lips heal and the aches and pains go away. The lips are pain aren't they? Im SO excited for you to be complete! Congratulations sweetie!

BETSEY!! i'm so glad to hear from you!!! Yes...we started around the same time...I'm so happy I had you as a reference throughout my journey! You're almost done yipeeee!!!!!

My lips are almost dry-free!!! It hasn't even been a week that I've been off ...yet---they aren't dry anymore. It feels..AMAZING!!! The lips were our worst part, I remember discussing this hehe. Thanks alot hun, I appreciate it! You've been here throughout my process; and I'm still gonna log on here to see your journey!
you're almost done YAYY!

wow amazing. Congrats and it made me smile seeing you smile in that last picture. You knowing your not 100% clear, but you seem comfortable with your skin. Congrats.

Thank you so much =]. All I can do is smile now, I was always afraid of my skin, but I'm getting more comfortable now. Things could , hopefully, only get better from here :)

#7 Layla345

Layla345

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:04 AM

Thank you so much!! Thankfully, I did not experience any hair loss, phew! But I have read upon some people who have... It is super expensive, my employer covers it fully...but it was like 145$/month [canadian] for 40mg per pill /2x a day...Did you consult your dermatologist about accutane? The thing about this, is that...in terms of side effects, you never know that you can have--that's what's scary. What I did experience wasn't super horrible at all--except for the joint pain!
You should talk to your derm about it definitely. It is something worth thinking about!

Oh for sure!!! He already reccomended it to me but I didn't want to splurge all the money if it might not work or something. I guess I'll have to tlk to him more about it! thnx!

#8 Lweaver15

Lweaver15

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:27 PM

This keeps me so motivated. Ive only been on accutane for a month and my face went from bad to horrible and its just like AHHHHHHH but im trying to take it day by day and hopefully and great results like you. I havent had any side effects as of right now. My lips are barely chapped. Is that weird? haha. I do drink tons of water which might help. But you look great!

#9 Tasnia

Tasnia

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:41 AM

This keeps me so motivated. Ive only been on accutane for a month and my face went from bad to horrible and its just like AHHHHHHH but im trying to take it day by day and hopefully and great results like you. I havent had any side effects as of right now. My lips are barely chapped. Is that weird? haha. I do drink tons of water which might help. But you look great!

Hey there!!! :)
Oh, I know exactly how you feel! My face also went from horrible to worse...hehe, and as for the chapped lips thing, it kicked in for me after 2 weeks of use. Others said they had chapped lips immediately...so I guess it depends from person to person. WATER IS YOUR BEST FRIEND!!I used to be insanely thirsty my first couple of weeks, then I guess I reached my threshold and I was being normal again:P
Keep it up! Wish you the best :)

#10 blackblake

blackblake

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:04 PM

Your story is very similar to mine. I am a 21 year old ( turning 22 in 2 weeks ) and i am " Almost " done with a 5 months accutane course. I, too, was on 80 MG/day. My side effects were pretty mild UNTIL this last months. They really started to get bad. My doc even asked me if i wanted to half my dose the last months, and i said no haha. I agree that the pain is worth it in the end. Especially since i have struggled with acne for almost 10 years. I actually finish my course week after my birthday. But my acne is non existant as of now. Just the stubborn scars. Been putting Honey mask on like once a week. IDk if its helping or not yet though. And i try to remember to wear sunscreen everytime i go out. But i usually forget or am just too lazy to do it :P. But i REALLY hope i never have to go on accutane again. I hope i am one of the lucky ones where it will never come back :/. Acne really messed me up. Never want to deal with it again!

#11 Lweaver15

Lweaver15

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:04 AM

I was still curious to when you started seeing an improvement? Ill be done with month one on august 13th and im sure theyll up my does to 60-80 since im on 40 now. Im just in the horrible horrible initial breakout of it and just cant wait to see results. Thanks!

#12 Tasnia

Tasnia

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:18 AM

Your story is very similar to mine. I am a 21 year old ( turning 22 in 2 weeks ) and i am " Almost " done with a 5 months accutane course. I, too, was on 80 MG/day. My side effects were pretty mild UNTIL this last months. They really started to get bad. My doc even asked me if i wanted to half my dose the last months, and i said no haha. I agree that the pain is worth it in the end. Especially since i have struggled with acne for almost 10 years. I actually finish my course week after my birthday. But my acne is non existant as of now. Just the stubborn scars. Been putting Honey mask on like once a week. IDk if its helping or not yet though. And i try to remember to wear sunscreen everytime i go out. But i usually forget or am just too lazy to do it Posted Image. But i REALLY hope i never have to go on accutane again. I hope i am one of the lucky ones where it will never come back :/. Acne really messed me up. Never want to deal with it again!

wow sorry about the horrendously late reply! Happpy belated birthday! (if my math serves me right lol)-- wait, honey mask? DOES THAT WORK? i Have scars that I'm seeing everyday, but I'm coming to terms with them. They're really not all that bad, especially after remembering how my face used to be. But, seriously, does the honey mask work? haha
Same here, I really don't want a "relapse"--
I think you're done now, how's it going with you?!

I was still curious to when you started seeing an improvement? Ill be done with month one on august 13th and im sure theyll up my does to 60-80 since im on 40 now. Im just in the horrible horrible initial breakout of it and just cant wait to see results. Thanks!

Hey there!! I started seeing improvements about 2 months in, after my horrible breakout , i gradually started seeing no new breakouts. Don't worry about it, the initial breakouts SUCK but they WILL get better!!!! It just takes a little bit of inner strength to get through this, but trust me, you'll be forgetting about it once it's all over. I know I did ;)