oily skin

6 replies to this topic

#1 Hendrix1

Hendrix1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

Hey, im glad to say that my acne has gradually been starting to calm down over the last three months, i only ever get a breakout if i eat really bad sugar or greasy rich food for days. However, recently ive had insanely oily skin, often i have hairs or bits of fluff stuck to it its that bad. Also i had a really bad itchy and flaky scalp, so i went to the doctors and got diagnosed with a mild case of seborrheic dermatitis. This is basically a harmless fungal infection of the skin, however it causes my scalp to be really oily and because if this my hair is always greasy and disgusting. I also have it on the sides of my nose and just below it as well, underneath the nostrils. Does anyone know how to cure this condition and the oily skin, thanks :)

#2 Murph89

Murph89

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, MMA, photography, fishing.

Achievements

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:49 PM

Hey, im glad to say that my acne has gradually been starting to calm down over the last three months, i only ever get a breakout if i eat really bad sugar or greasy rich food for days. However, recently ive had insanely oily skin, often i have hairs or bits of fluff stuck to it its that bad. Also i had a really bad itchy and flaky scalp, so i went to the doctors and got diagnosed with a mild case of seborrheic dermatitis. This is basically a harmless fungal infection of the skin, however it causes my scalp to be really oily and because if this my hair is always greasy and disgusting. I also have it on the sides of my nose and just below it as well, underneath the nostrils. Does anyone know how to cure this condition and the oily skin, thanks Posted Image

wow im not the only 1! Im a 22 almost 23 years old male. My acne has calmed down as well to the point where im dealing with red marks not actve pimples thank god. Anyway, Ive had redness and flakiness around my nose on the sides of each nostril for honestly as long as I can remember, and i just didnt let it bug me. It was hardly noticeable. It then erupted into an extreme redness around my nose, underneath and all above my mustache line. I went to the derm and they said seb derm, and my scalp was flaky and itchy as fuck too. And my skin is oily too. We are very similiar in that.

For my scalp I use Nirozal shampoo. It really works to help itchyness and flakes. I highly recommend it.

Ive tried a SHIT ton of stuff to get rid of the redness, to no avail. Ive tried steroids (dont do it) because it can cause long term effects like thinning of the skin and permanent redness. Ive tried other creams and gels, and coconut oil which helped the most. I would give that a shot. Get some organic extra virgin cold pressed coconut oil and apply it every night on the areas where you the redness around your nose. Its not going to clear it up 100%, but it gets rid of the flakes and does help a bit of the redness. Im also using african black soap with shea butter, aloe vera, vitamin e, and coconut oil and my skin over all is less red. Im honestly just come to the conclusion that that area will be red forever. I mean its not horrible, but I notice it. I think the only permanent 100% treatment would be laser. And for oily skin I would try the african black soap I mentioned. I love it.

Edited by Murph89, 27 July 2012 - 01:51 PM.

#3 Hendrix1

Hendrix1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:40 AM

Hey, im glad to say that my acne has gradually been starting to calm down over the last three months, i only ever get a breakout if i eat really bad sugar or greasy rich food for days. However, recently ive had insanely oily skin, often i have hairs or bits of fluff stuck to it its that bad. Also i had a really bad itchy and flaky scalp, so i went to the doctors and got diagnosed with a mild case of seborrheic dermatitis. This is basically a harmless fungal infection of the skin, however it causes my scalp to be really oily and because if this my hair is always greasy and disgusting. I also have it on the sides of my nose and just below it as well, underneath the nostrils. Does anyone know how to cure this condition and the oily skin, thanks Posted Image

wow im not the only 1! Im a 22 almost 23 years old male. My acne has calmed down as well to the point where im dealing with red marks not actve pimples thank god. Anyway, Ive had redness and flakiness around my nose on the sides of each nostril for honestly as long as I can remember, and i just didnt let it bug me. It was hardly noticeable. It then erupted into an extreme redness around my nose, underneath and all above my mustache line. I went to the derm and they said seb derm, and my scalp was flaky and itchy as fuck too. And my skin is oily too. We are very similiar in that.

For my scalp I use Nirozal shampoo. It really works to help itchyness and flakes. I highly recommend it.

Ive tried a SHIT ton of stuff to get rid of the redness, to no avail. Ive tried steroids (dont do it) because it can cause long term effects like thinning of the skin and permanent redness. Ive tried other creams and gels, and coconut oil which helped the most. I would give that a shot. Get some organic extra virgin cold pressed coconut oil and apply it every night on the areas where you the redness around your nose. Its not going to clear it up 100%, but it gets rid of the flakes and does help a bit of the redness. Im also using african black soap with shea butter, aloe vera, vitamin e, and coconut oil and my skin over all is less red. Im honestly just come to the conclusion that that area will be red forever. I mean its not horrible, but I notice it. I think the only permanent 100% treatment would be laser. And for oily skin I would try the african black soap I mentioned. I love it.

Hey thanks for the advice. Just wondering if you ever noticed an increase in the rate that your hair falls out. I was looking up symtoms of sebehorric dermatitis and that was one. It says the hair will grow back so theres no worry of going bald or anything like that but i thought i noticed a few more hairs when i come out of the shower and stuff like that, probably me just being paranoid after reading that though Posted Image

#4 Murph89

Murph89

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, MMA, photography, fishing.

Achievements

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:33 AM

Hey thanks for the advice. Just wondering if you ever noticed an increase in the rate that your hair falls out. I was looking up symtoms of sebehorric dermatitis and that was one. It says the hair will grow back so theres no worry of going bald or anything like that but i thought i noticed a few more hairs when i come out of the shower and stuff like that, probably me just being paranoid after reading that though Posted Image

I did notice my eyelashes would fall off more often then usual. Since I have the seb derm under control right now, I don't experience the eyelash thing anymore.

#5 Hendrix1

Hendrix1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:38 AM

Yeah my eyelashes and sometimes my eyebrow hair wold fall off, and i have very long eyelashes for a guy and they stick to my oily face all the time, my girlfriends hair also gets stuck on it sometimes, its horrible. Ive actually been using that nizoral shampoo for a while now and its made no difference (may have even aggravated it since my skin is really sensitive to harsh chemicals, which nizoral has plenty of), i was thinking of trying something called organic excellence mint shampoo, apparently that works great for this sort of thing :) So here's hoping

#6 Moonset777

Moonset777

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:05 PM

Hi,

I used to have really oily skin. I think the one thing that really cleared up the oiliness
was eliminating all dairy from my diet and that also included getting rid of all things like
margarine/vegetable spreads. As seborrheic dermatitis is linked to the sebaceous glands
it is crucial that you get rid of the oiliness. Spearmint tea is also supposed to greatly help
in oil reduction.

I would also avoid any commercial shampoos and steroid creams like the plague. They contain
far too many harsh chemicals which actually make conditions like seb derm worse.

Baking soda is a great alternative to shampoo and you may want to look into that.

After getting my skin clear I now really only wash face/scalp with water.

Supplements I would recommend would be zinc and flaxseed oil on a daily basis.

Hope this info is of some use to you.

#7 dharry

dharry

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:46 AM

hey,
i pretty sure i have serb dermatitis aswel, it gets worse on and off but its always usally there. I have it on my nose, between my eybrows chin and on my inner cheeks. I feel like it has been brought on from years of bp, as i never used to have it, only the last 6 months it has really become a permanent thing. Iv have used pretty much everything on it, however nothing really works. It is especially red and irritated after a shower aswell. acne, now this fm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users