benzamycinretina doxycycline bactrim birth control acne cure benzaclin differin

2 replies to this topic

#1 ap0285

ap0285

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:55 PM

Hello, my name is Ariel and I'm 21 years old. I've been battling acne since I was 11 years old, and I'm sure if you are browsing through this site you are as frustrated as I was at controlling your acne. Acne has always been my kryptonite, for some it's weight, but for me it's my skin. I basically let acne control my life for 11 years, I was afraid to get into relationships, go to school, even hang out with friends because I thought that they would be disgusted with my face. But now I can finally say that after numerous trips to the dermatologists office, fasting, and countless prescriptions, I have found the one thing that has finally cured my acne. I promised myself once I found a cure I would post it on this site, so here it goes, sorry if it's kinda long.
I started getting acne when I was 11 years old and it was very mild, I would use a regular toner and face wash and be pretty good. But as I got older it became harder to control, I started using numerous over the counter products, and I would always get so excited about the praise and promises of that product only to be let down. This went on for about three years (basically all of junior high), and then my mom got me Murad. Now I must say honestly I wasn't using the Murad correctly but it definatly made a huge negative impact on my skin. I had a pretty bad breakout at the time, and I wanted it to go away so bad that I kept reapplying the sulfur spot treatment on pimples that I had already tried popping and were bleeding every thirty minutes. This was a TERRIBLE idea, the sulfur basically burned holes in my skin from constant application, and now I have four acne scars. It took a couple years for them to fade away and now you would barely notice the acne scars but this was basically like my turning point. I had a breakdown and cried to my mom and basically told her if you don't take me to the dermatologist Im never going to leave this house. So my sophomore year of high school my mom took me to the dermatologist and they prescribed me benzaclin 2 a day and retina to spot treat. Within a couple weeks my skin was showing great improvement, all my acne went away with the occasional minor flare up, but for the most part I was acne free I was ecstatic. However after about a year and half it stopped working, and my skin became resistant to the benzaclin, I was breaking out again in huge cyts and was about to start college. I went back to the derm and she prescribed Differin. Once I started using Differin my skin began to clear up immediately, I stopped getting those painful nodules, and my face looked flawless it was amazing. But again not everything lasts and after about 6 months my face became immune to it. At this time I came to this site and read dans story and decided I would go out and get some 5% benzoyl peroxide and apply it like he said. It did clear up my face, but it did not get rid of my nodules and cyts and seemed to be aggravating them more. So I went back to the derm and they prescribed tretinoin and let me tell you it did absolutely nothing but make it worse. My skin was super oily after applying, and when I washed my face at the end of the night it felt like my face was on fire. So I went back to the derm and was prescribed aczone, after a couple hours of putting it on my minor pimples became large and inflamed, I didn't even give it another chance after that. I went back to the derm and was prescribed epiduo, this was something that finally worked for my skin. I was so happy, I would occasionally get a cyst every couple months but other than that my skin looked great. It stayed this way for about 6 months and then again my skin started to become resistant and I was breaking out in nodules every week. I went to the derm and they told me to keep using the epiduo but take doxycycline along with it. The doxycycline took care of my nodules for about a month and then stopped working. After this I took a break from the derm and tried to live a vegan lifestyle, but to my disappointment that didn't work either. I realized it didn't matter what I ate or drank my skin wasn't going to change. Then I thought maybe my acne is hormonal, so i went to planned parenthood and was put on birth control, reclipsen. I kept this up for about three months with no improvement in my skin, and a little weight gain before I went off. I then switched to yaz and within the first two weeks my skin went crazy, my back started breaking out, lots of huge nodules and I quit. I decided birth control wasn't for me so then I thought well maybe it's my androgens, so I asked to be put on spironalactone, I did this for a couple months but saw no improvements. Then I started thinking of all the things that had worked for me in the past and realized that I had success when benzoyl peroxide when paired with something else. The only benzoyl peroxide prescription I hadn't tried was benzamycin, which is a little different from benzaclin. Bezamycin contains ethromycin, and benzaclin contains clindamycin. I was prescribed benzamycin and immediately saw results, the nodules I had seemed to disappear the next day, and my skin looked flawless. I would occasionally get a cyst around my time of the month but it would only last about a week. One day I ran out of my regular Johnson SPF 15 face lotion, and I tried my moms Neutragena healthy skin lotion with alpha hydroxy. I realized I stopped getting that occasional cyst, the alpha hydroxy lotion paired with benzamycin made my skin flawless. I've been using this for over a year and I think it's safe to say I've found my cure. I hope I never have to come back on here, and eventually can get off the benzamycin. But out of all the products and prescriptions I've tried these two things have been a lifesaver. Everyone's skin is different though and what works for me may not work for you. Our skin is also constantly changing, but don't give up, clear skin can be achieved and I wish you all the best of luck, god bless.

#2 blester33

blester33

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:flying dragon kites......
    just kidding l like running and watching tv.

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:01 AM

Dear Ariel,
Omygosh. I can totally relate to you!! I've had acne since an 11 year old girl, however, I'm only 16. I totally know how you feel. Boys came up to me in middle school and told me to use proactive! Like thanks JERK! This year, I've been battling acne harder than ever. I started taking Birth Control, it's helped a little bit. And then shortly after I took Tretinoin cream .1%. It's helped SO MUCH! However... I still have 5 pimples on my face at any given time, and while I don't have cystic acne, I have acne marks (hyperpigmentation) literally ALL over my face. It's AWFUL! So I'm about to start taking Benzaclin on top of Tretinoin, and I have a couple questions for you!
Did you use Benzaclin in the morning and Tretinoin at night?
Did the duo cause awful dry skin?
How long did it take for you to see great results?
Are the two powerful together?
Thank you! I just REALLY don't wanna waste my time using Benzaclin if it will flare up my face anymore. I appreciate it!!Posted Image <-- ha its dan!

#3 ap0285

ap0285

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:29 PM

Sorry I'm just now getting to this, and yes I did use benzamycin in the morning and at night, I would spot treat with the retina ( just a little pea size). It did wonders for my skin for about a year but then I became immune to it. What's working for me and still has been working *fingers crossed* is the benzamycin and alpha hydroxy lotion. I hope I've been of some help, just keep hanging in there and never give up. It took me 11 years of trial and error to find something that finally worked for me.

And I meant benzaclin morning and night not benzamycin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users