6 replies to this topic

#1 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:50 AM

Laser and skin surgery center of New York is conducting clinical trials on acne scars.

http://www.laserskin...Clinical-Trials

Edited by Binga, 26 July 2012 - 07:51 AM.

#2 LZOMG

LZOMG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:37 AM

we already have a few lasers to pick one, the thing about this laser is that it says "10 treatments within a 3 month time span"
doesnt sound to strong
Vote For Obama 2012 to make Health Care available to all even those with pre-existing conditions like acne. Help future teens who have no access to health care battle there acne by electing the man who will support the Affordable Health Care Act better known as Obamacare.
And dont let Romney Win, he will do everything to repeal ObamaCare. More info on link below
http://www.acne.org/...vote-for-obama/

#3 mccoy110c

mccoy110c

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:51 PM

Thanks for the info Binga! Did you call yet? Do you know what skin types they're looking for?

I agree that it probably won't be an intensive treatment considering the number of sessions, but hey if you get in it's free treatment.

#4 mccoy110c

mccoy110c

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:53 PM

I have an appt on Tuesday for the screening. I'll report back then.

#5 *Inspired*

*Inspired*

Formerly "TokyoGirl"

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

It's possible this study is for ablative fractional co2 laser. I met with a doctor a couple days ago who said there are current research studies in the USA that have shown repeating ablative fractional Co2 laser every 2-3 months offers better improvement to mature scars because new collagen responds better to treatment. He even mentioned a study that came out of Pakistan where they repeated laser treatment every 1-2 months on some patients, and those patients had a better response rate. I have not seen the study though. It will be interesting to see what this study is about.

Good luck, mccoy110c. I hope this works out for you. :)

#6 *Inspired*

*Inspired*

Formerly "TokyoGirl"

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:33 PM

we already have a few lasers to pick one, the thing about this laser is that it says "10 treatments within a 3 month time span"
doesnt sound to strong

Where are you quoting this from? This is what I am seeing, "Study participants must be 18-85 years of age with facial, body or acne scars. You will receive up to 10 treatments scheduled 4-8 weeks apart."

#7 LZOMG

LZOMG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:35 PM

doesnt sound to strong

Where are you quoting this from? This is what I am seeing, "Study participants must be 18-85 years of age with facial, body or acne scars. You will receive up to 10 treatments scheduled 4-8 weeks apart."

lol fail,
I thought it said within a time span for 4-8 weeks haha
Vote For Obama 2012 to make Health Care available to all even those with pre-existing conditions like acne. Help future teens who have no access to health care battle there acne by electing the man who will support the Affordable Health Care Act better known as Obamacare.
And dont let Romney Win, he will do everything to repeal ObamaCare. More info on link below
http://www.acne.org/...vote-for-obama/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users