Photo

Substitutes For Tazorac?

tazorac tretinoin rejuv retinoids

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#21 pieman353

pieman353

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:53 AM

There is no generic version of Tazorac. Drug companies basically have a patent for a drug that lasts a certain amount of time. During that amount of time, no company can legally produce or sell that drug. Only when the patent ends can companies send their versions of the drug to be tested by the FDA. Tazorac's patent isn't up. So, while you could technically purchase a generic form, it would not be legally, made by a reputable company, or approved by the FDA so I highly recommend against it.

#22 CherrySoda08

CherrySoda08

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 19
About Me

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:47 PM

There is no generic version of Tazorac. Drug companies basically have a patent for a drug that lasts a certain amount of time. During that amount of time, no company can legally produce or sell that drug. Only when the patent ends can companies send their versions of the drug to be tested by the FDA. Tazorac's patent isn't up. So, while you could technically purchase a generic form, it would not be legally, made by a reputable company, or approved by the FDA so I highly recommend against it.

Thanks for the info. I actually came across a great coupon for Tazorac, and have not had to consider a generic form for quite some time now.