saw palmetto wild yam stinging nettle spironolactone

6 replies to this topic

#1 knarfia

knarfia

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:55 PM

Hello everyone. Longtime lurker. Found out about Spironolactone through this forum- it worked wonders for my skin but had me feeling like I was going to die- shortness of breath, extreme dehydration no matter how much I drank, heart palpitations. Got off of it and the acne immediately returned. Read on here that saw palmetto was a natural form of it- took for 3 months with no change of acne, but experienced dehydration similar to what I had on spiro- not nearly as bad, but enough to make me wonder if maybe it was really similar. Incorporated stinging nettle, then also wild yam. So basically, I'm taking three different supplements, all of which are supposed to be for hormones. Am I going to end up killing myself? Has anyone else tried taking all of these together? I definitely feel better than I did on spiro, but I am a little scared.

#2 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:36 PM

You need to drink a ton of water on spiro and saw palmetto. Just the way it is.

How much saw palmetto are you taking? I believe you need to be on around 500mg a day to see results. Also, make sure that you are getting STANDARDIZED extract.

Edited by Green Gables, 28 September 2012 - 09:03 AM.

#3 knarfia

knarfia

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

I'm just hoping they're the miracle combination. I was taking 500mg of Saw Palmetto, but wasn't seeing any results. I tried upping the dosage to 750 and was having horrible headaches and nausea, so now I just take one pill each (250 mg standardized sp, 500 mg stinging nettle, 220 mg wild yam.) I realize you have to drink a lot on spiro, but I was drinking two giant pitchers every night and still waking up dehydrated. It's very strange how the dehydration hits so badly at night, no matter how much I drink during the day. At least it's not as bad on these natural supplements- I'm only drinking about a gallon each night now.

#4 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:24 PM

I'm just hoping they're the miracle combination. I was taking 500mg of Saw Palmetto, but wasn't seeing any results. I tried upping the dosage to 750 and was having horrible headaches and nausea, so now I just take one pill each (250 mg standardized sp, 500 mg stinging nettle, 220 mg wild yam.) I realize you have to drink a lot on spiro, but I was drinking two giant pitchers every night and still waking up dehydrated. It's very strange how the dehydration hits so badly at night, no matter how much I drink during the day. At least it's not as bad on these natural supplements- I'm only drinking about a gallon each night now.

Good luck. Make sure you take the saw palmetto, stinging nettle, and wild yam with a meal.

With my spiro, I take half of my dose in the morning and the other half at 3pm. I don't take it any closer to bedtime to prevent dehydration/urination at night.

#5 helpfulheart

helpfulheart

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

Hello and welcome! A quick note, I've found Saw Palmetto to help in decreasing my testosterone levels...thus less acne.

#6 knarfia

knarfia

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:14 PM

Today I threw in the towel and popped some spiro. I've heard it takes the natural herbs longer to work but I just can't take the scarring. If there was even the slightest bit of evidence that they were working I would have continued. I hope the spiro works for me again- I've heard for some people it doesn't take the second time around. Thanks for your support. And now, I scream.
AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

#7 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:03 AM

Today I threw in the towel and popped some spiro. I've heard it takes the natural herbs longer to work but I just can't take the scarring. If there was even the slightest bit of evidence that they were working I would have continued. I hope the spiro works for me again- I've heard for some people it doesn't take the second time around. Thanks for your support. And now, I scream.
AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

If you are getting bad side effects from spiro it is possible that your progesterone is low. We are talking about that very topic here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users