bio oil scarring roaccutane accutane aha alpha hydroxy acid

5 replies to this topic

#1 letspaintthetownred

letspaintthetownred

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

Hiya, I finished my 9 month Accutane treatment about 2 months ago & whilst my spots have finally gone (at last! haha) my scars are still bothering me. I was just wondering if Bio Oil would be suitable for me? As I know people are often advised to stay away from using it whilst actually on their accutane treatment, so I was wondering if it would be safe to use now or if it could trigger my spots off again?
Thank you :)

#2 LZOMG

LZOMG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

Wow 9 months? were you on a super low dose? also what country/state do you live in? ive never heard of that long of a treatment here in the untied states.
im assuming your referring to the treatment of acne scars when your talking about bio oil.

Not trying to sound like a Debby Downer but topicals do nothing for acne scarring.

I strongly recommend you wait at least 18 months after your finish taking the accutane course before you start thinking about removing your acne scars. Accutane messes up your skin (I forgot exactly how) to where it can not properly heal its self and this side effect is usually gone by the 18th month period. If you want to play it super safe you will wait 24 months. No doctor will treat your acne scarring if you recently have taken accutane. Sorry this is just how it works

This amount of time will give you plenty of time to do research and thinking on how you will get rid of your acne scarring. I have never taken accutane so I can treat my self sooner then you. If you'd to do the same as me, im going to do what DudleyDoRight did for his acne scars, he reported that he has a 90% acne scar improvement.

I will be getting multipe Deep/Total FX laser treatments, probably about 2-3 to maximize your acne scar improvement. And if the Avita ReCell is worth all the hype surrounding it I will combine the Laser Treatment with the Avita ReCell.

You do not need to do the Deep FX laser specifically there are other good lasers like the Fraxel Repair as well. Just make sure your laser is a Fractional CO2 Ablative Laser. If its Non-Fractional, Non-Ablative, or Erbium, I wont recommend it from my current knowledge. Co2 Ablative fractional lasers are considered 5 times better in one treatment than you would in the other.

#3 ClearDreaming

ClearDreaming

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:01 PM

From personal experience, when using it to try and get rid of a mark left by a spot, it just brought it up again.

#4 letspaintthetownred

letspaintthetownred

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:28 PM

Yeah I was only on 20mg a day! I think my dermatologist was trying to take a run with my money as it was £100 per visit, it was pretty serve though so I guess it might've been justified. Oh I live in the UK by the way. Wow 18 months is a long time, but it'll be worth it to do it safely rather than risk any more damage to my skin I'll make sure to stay away from Bio-Oil then for my acne scars.
I'll definitely start looking at this laser treatment then, thankyou! You've been very helpful

#5 LZOMG

LZOMG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

Yeah I was only on 20mg a day! I think my dermatologist was trying to take a run with my money as it was £100 per visit, it was pretty serve though so I guess it might've been justified. Oh I live in the UK by the way. Wow 18 months is a long time, but it'll be worth it to do it safely rather than risk any more damage to my skin I'll make sure to stay away from Bio-Oil then for my acne scars.
I'll definitely start looking at this laser treatment then, thankyou! You've been very helpful

Thats very good, acne scar is a game of patience. Especailly for those who go on accutane.

There was a New Zealand study that showed patients who go on lower doses for longer periods of time are much less likely to have "accutane side effects" with all the results. Thats the main reason why im scared to go on accutane because of those dreaded side effects.
Chrons Disease, Irritable Bowl Syndrome, Loss of Night Vision.
Scary stuff man

#6 no_hope

no_hope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:30 PM

do not put bio oil on your skin!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was on acccutane too before . got cleared up, tried to put bio oil to get ride of the scars, and now i have acne again and oily skin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users