Photo

What Are The Alternatives To Doxycycline?

6 replies to this topic

#1 andrjor

andrjor

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

hello, i have been using doxycycline for over 3 months now, but it doesnt seem like working very well.

What are my alternatives? are there other antibitotics i can change to? If i do change antibiotics, do i have to wait about 2-3 months before i can see some change or will it maybe work very soon since i have already been on antibiotics for 3 months ++.?

#2 Murph89

Murph89

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, MMA, photography, fishing.

Achievements

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:08 PM

How many mgs of doxy are you on? And what form?

#3 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:27 PM

hello, i have been using doxycycline for over 3 months now, but it doesnt seem like working very well.

What are my alternatives? are there other antibitotics i can change to? If i do change antibiotics, do i have to wait about 2-3 months before i can see some change or will it maybe work very soon since i have already been on antibiotics for 3 months ++.?

There are many alternatives....Clindamyacin (topical and oral), Tetracycline, Z-Pac, Amoxycillin, Cephalexil, Minocycline. I have actually been on all of those. Never saw any long-term results, but the ones that cleared me the fastest were Z-Pac (don't remember dose) and Tetracycline (500mg)

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#4 andrjor

andrjor

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:44 PM

I am on 200mg/day, i am taking tablets if that is what you meant :) I think this is the highest dose, at least that what the doctor said.

There are many alternatives....Clindamyacin (topical and oral), Tetracycline, Z-Pac, Amoxycillin, Cephalexil, Minocycline. I have actually been on all of those. Never saw any long-term results, but the ones that cleared me the fastest were Z-Pac (don't remember dose) and Tetracycline (500mg)

Can I change to another antibiotic without losing the effect of the other one? What i mean is; the doctor said i had to use the doxy for about 2-3 months to see difference, but if i change now, will i have to wait another 2-3 months or is it just continuiung for the doxy?

thanks guys

#5 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:46 PM

I am on 200mg/day, i am taking tablets if that is what you meant Posted Image I think this is the highest dose, at least that what the doctor said.

Can I change to another antibiotic without losing the effect of the other one? What i mean is; the doctor said i had to use the doxy for about 2-3 months to see difference, but if i change now, will i have to wait another 2-3 months or is it just continuiung for the doxy?

thanks guys

My derm gave me a 3-month rule. Any new treatment should be given at least 3 months to see some results.

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#6 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me
  • Interests:I love spending time with people I love. And i love clear skin :P

Achievements

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:11 PM

You should try The Regimen form this website. Go to the top and click get clear and read. And read everything form that drop down window. I have tried doxycycline with absolutely no good results. Check out my gallery and look at the last picture. I have severe acne and look at the improvement in just 6 days of dan kerns regimen. also check out this video. She has used the regimen with wonderful results.

Ask me for questions:) I am here to help people

Edited by thereisalwayshope, 21 July 2012 - 04:11 PM.

New Regimen (Thyme Tincture): http://www.acne.org/...g/#entry3381600

My gallery: http://www.acne.org/...reisalwayshope/ (You will have to click "gallery")

There Is Always Hope

#7 sam245

sam245

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:36 PM

Doxycycline doesn't work very well for me anymore since I've had so many doses of it over the years. The thing that works best for me are z-pacs of azithromycin. I take it once a month and it keeps me clear. I'd definitely recommend it and it doesn't make your stomach feel bad or have photosensitivity. I can't remember exactly how much I normally take, but I had a bad breakout and my doctor prescribed me 500mg for 6 days. I feel like when I take them normally I take 250mg, but I'm not sure. Definitely ask about it! good luck

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users