Photo

What Are The Alternatives To Doxycycline?

6 replies to this topic

#1 andrjor

andrjor

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

hello, i have been using doxycycline for over 3 months now, but it doesnt seem like working very well.

What are my alternatives? are there other antibitotics i can change to? If i do change antibiotics, do i have to wait about 2-3 months before i can see some change or will it maybe work very soon since i have already been on antibiotics for 3 months ++.?

#2 Murph89

Murph89

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, MMA, photography, fishing.

Achievements

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:08 PM

How many mgs of doxy are you on? And what form?

#3 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:27 PM

hello, i have been using doxycycline for over 3 months now, but it doesnt seem like working very well.

What are my alternatives? are there other antibitotics i can change to? If i do change antibiotics, do i have to wait about 2-3 months before i can see some change or will it maybe work very soon since i have already been on antibiotics for 3 months ++.?

There are many alternatives....Clindamyacin (topical and oral), Tetracycline, Z-Pac, Amoxycillin, Cephalexil, Minocycline. I have actually been on all of those. Never saw any long-term results, but the ones that cleared me the fastest were Z-Pac (don't remember dose) and Tetracycline (500mg)

#4 andrjor

andrjor

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:44 PM

I am on 200mg/day, i am taking tablets if that is what you meant :) I think this is the highest dose, at least that what the doctor said.

There are many alternatives....Clindamyacin (topical and oral), Tetracycline, Z-Pac, Amoxycillin, Cephalexil, Minocycline. I have actually been on all of those. Never saw any long-term results, but the ones that cleared me the fastest were Z-Pac (don't remember dose) and Tetracycline (500mg)

Can I change to another antibiotic without losing the effect of the other one? What i mean is; the doctor said i had to use the doxy for about 2-3 months to see difference, but if i change now, will i have to wait another 2-3 months or is it just continuiung for the doxy?

thanks guys

#5 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:46 PM

I am on 200mg/day, i am taking tablets if that is what you meant Posted Image I think this is the highest dose, at least that what the doctor said.

Can I change to another antibiotic without losing the effect of the other one? What i mean is; the doctor said i had to use the doxy for about 2-3 months to see difference, but if i change now, will i have to wait another 2-3 months or is it just continuiung for the doxy?

thanks guys

My derm gave me a 3-month rule. Any new treatment should be given at least 3 months to see some results.

#6 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me
  • Interests:I love spending time with people I love. And i love clear skin :P

Achievements

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:11 PM

You should try The Regimen form this website. Go to the top and click get clear and read. And read everything form that drop down window. I have tried doxycycline with absolutely no good results. Check out my gallery and look at the last picture. I have severe acne and look at the improvement in just 6 days of dan kerns regimen. also check out this video. She has used the regimen with wonderful results.

Ask me for questions:) I am here to help people

Edited by thereisalwayshope, 21 July 2012 - 04:11 PM.

#7 sam245

sam245

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:36 PM

Doxycycline doesn't work very well for me anymore since I've had so many doses of it over the years. The thing that works best for me are z-pacs of azithromycin. I take it once a month and it keeps me clear. I'd definitely recommend it and it doesn't make your stomach feel bad or have photosensitivity. I can't remember exactly how much I normally take, but I had a bad breakout and my doctor prescribed me 500mg for 6 days. I feel like when I take them normally I take 250mg, but I'm not sure. Definitely ask about it! good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users