Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

derri

Benzoyl Peroxide(Morning) + Tretinoin(Night) = Miracle

6 posts in this topic

Accutane, Salicylic acid, Oral Antibotic or Differin... I have tried many types of acne treatment(inculding acne.org regime) for the last ten years. Although, Accutnane and Oral Antibotics do work, their effectiveness diminish when I stop the medication. This isn't a long-term solution.

The above(topic title) regime works very well for me. I had tried using benzoyl and trerinoin individually but the results are far from good. Then one fine day, I stumbled into this article: http://banglajol.info/index.php/TAJ/article/view/3161 ... I started adding benzoyl peroxide in the morning to my daily regime(accutnae super low dose + oral antibotic + tretinoin prescribed by a doc). Now, I am off accutane(oil came back) and antibotics for a year, my skin is still pretty much clear.

I am very pleased with the results. Hope it helps everyone out there.

BP and tetnoin combined often leads to very irritated skin. While it may work for some, theres a high chance of it just irritating the living hell out of your skin.

The irritation is HELL!!! I'm on this treatment BP 10% Retin-A cream at night and an antibiotic the dryness and peeling is hell and i've only been on it for barely a week! I dont have a good moisturizer right now so im using Extra Virgin Olive Oil hoping that it will help just a little bit with this dryness but i plan to buy cetaphil later i need a good moisturizer for my skin!!! so irritated and dry! :(

I am using BP 2.5%

Apparently, using BP 2.5% twice a day cause me dry skin - a layer of dead skin cell on the surface of my skin, which have cause me further outbreak. For me, using tretinoin at night(instead of BP) might have prevented it - I believe tretinoin peel off that layer of dead skin.

Always remember to use SMALL amount for both medication.......... For me, It works better; over-application causes further irritation and outbreak

It also works GREAT for me and was okayed by my doctor. Here's how I did it with a minimum of irritation.

-I was already used to BPO 2.5% all over my face once a day.

-I started Tazorac .05% cream every other night for two weeks, then every night.

-I always moisturize before the Tazorac. You have to moisturize. It makes fewer zits and keeps your skin from being too miserable.

-I also use salicylic acid 2% morning and night, but my skin was already used to that, and I didn't add it in until 2 months of Tazorac.

You cannot apply the Tazorac and BPO at the same time or they will not work. Tazorac will make your skin very peely for a few weeks but this is normal. You can minimize this by moisturizing constantly and starting very slowly.

I am using BP 2.5%

Apparently, using BP 2.5% twice a day cause me dry skin - a layer of dead skin cell on the surface of my skin, which have cause me further outbreak. For me, using tretinoin at night(instead of BP) might have prevented it - I believe tretinoin peel off that layer of dead skin.

Always remember to use SMALL amount for both medication.......... For me, It works better; over-application causes further irritation and outbreak

Hey, I thought I should share something that I found very useful when dealing with redness and itching. I use .3% adapalene Differin Gel at night with Cetaphil moisturizer immediately after, and in the morning 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide and 1.5% Clindamycin with Cetaphil moisturizer immediately after. I only use a pea-sized amount of all topical medications along with 100mg of Minocycline Antibiotic.

I have found that when my face itches and is ridiculously red in areas, it helps to drink a lot of very cold water very quickly. It feels like my skin is soothed instantaneously. Try drinking a really tall glass of ice water every time your face is itchy or red, and see if it helps!