#1 taylaheve

taylaheve

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Drawing, Art, Tattoos.

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:36 AM

Hey Guys,

My name is Taylah I'm 17 years old from Australia, and I've been suffering with acne since I was about 12 years old.
I started to take medication around the age of 15 and have pretty much tried every single antibiotic out there. As well as using many different skin care products that never seem to do much at all. So, after years of being ashamed and depressed about how my skin looks I've decided that enough is enough and went to see a dermatologist and he said my last option would be Roaccutane.
I started Roaccutane (20mg) today, and I will continue doing this until I'm able to take 40mg in the second month of treatment. I must say that i'm kind of freaking out about the initial breakout, and the first month of taking this drug, but i know the end results will be worth it!

I have also attached some photos of my face, day 1 of starting Roaccutane. Just to show you what it looks like at the moment. Looks kinda gross and un attractive. Fingers and toes crossed that this really works Posted Image

I would appreciate hearing feedback/tips and support through my journey from people who have used Roaccutane Posted Image
I'll be recording a log here, I'll probably update it about once a week, with pictures. Depending on how fast the progress is, and if I start to experience any symptoms. I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in my log but, if you do come across this, then feel free to post. Any advice would be very appreciated!

Attached Thumbnails

• DAY 0001.jpg
  • DAY 001.jpg
  • DAY 01.jpg

#2 Lo0004

Lo0004

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:12 PM

Hi Taylah,
I am also about to start roaccutane in the next couple of weeks and have been reading a few blogs on here! Im 23 and from the Uk. I wish you the best of luck with it all and shall keep following your updates!
Lea :-)

#3 Dave311

Dave311

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:47 PM

Best of Luck Taylah,it will be worth it in the end.

#4 Kat43

Kat43

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:27 AM

Good luck to you both.
If you experience any problems with your health during treatment - even if you don't think they are related to the medicine - please tell your doctor x

#5 taylaheve

taylaheve

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Drawing, Art, Tattoos.

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:59 AM

Thank you all for your nice comments!

I will be putting pictures up weekly on my blog, just to show/tell people how its going :)

#6 poptartie

poptartie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:55 AM

Hi Taylah,

I too am a (nearly) 17 year old girl and I will be starting accutane in about 2 weeks. My acne looks exactly like yours! I've been reading EVERYTHING and following every blog I can find and I'm also really, really nervous about the IB and side effects. I am just going to expect that I will look like the reptilian version of the elephant man for the next 6 months of my life Posted Image I have to say, chapped lips is about the grossest thing I can think of. Big pet peeve of mine. Sooo, to decided between clear skin and chapped lips....well...that was a tough choice but I am willing to go for it.
I have to laugh every time I think about the whole getting pregnant thing because I just broke up with my boyfriend and I honestly can't imagine I'm gonna be getting any kind of action whatsoever during this ordeal. I would hate for my lips to fall off during a makeout session or something. haha.
Thank God my mom has stockpiled an arsenal of products to help fight this war. Hopefully it will help.
I WILL follow your blog and support you through this, as I will be needing support as well.
Misery Loves Company!!
Good luck, girl!

#7 electroswing

electroswing

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:55 AM

Hey Taylah!
I'm 22 and I finished my course yesterday. The positives outweight the negatives for sure.
Keep on being strong throughout it all; there are some times that sucked for me because I had joint pain; and it was awful ---but didn't last super long . The dryness is NO JOKE. You need to become best buddies with vaseline/aquaphor ! Use cetaphil for a cleanser and PLEASE USE SUNSCREEN! Especially on your face; it will bring you oodles of help.

Overall; accutane was simply amazing for me-- I still can't believe it.

All the best xoox

#8 darkknight07

darkknight07

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:09 PM

Hey! I will be starting accutane today as well but 40 mg/day. My skin is pretty similar to yours except a tiny bit less severe. I'll read through your page to compare my side effects to yours. Good luck!!! Also here's the link to my thread if you want to know how I'm doing since we started at the same time :)

http://www.acne.org/...42#entry3268642