Photo

Products For Dehydrated But Oily Skin

oily dry dehydrated nose pores aha alpha hydroxy acid oily skin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 SubState

SubState

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:07 AM

Hi I need some advice on products from you guys.

Whenever I wash my face with products, soap or face wash it leaves my face really dry. I need to wash it with products because my skin gets really oily after a while and forms hardened plugs in my pores which is really annoying. Also the soap I use now doesn't completely get rid of the plugs as is.

Do you know any face wash that clears your skin really well (preferably with AHA or BHA) and a moisturizer that moisturizes really well but is not greasy, and even has a matte finish?

Thanks so much!

#2 Jenn_Pettigrew

Jenn_Pettigrew

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:25 AM

You might try oatmeal (no joke). It soothes my skin ALOT, and then I follow up with my acne treatment. And it actually cleanses. As for the moisturizer, I have found that I really like Simply Hydrating Light Moisturizer that you can get at drugstores; the facial wash gel is pretty good too, I use that at night.

Simple sorry, not Simply

#3 snsdgirl14

snsdgirl14

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:40 AM

I like CeraVe Daily Moisturizer with 30 SPF....really helped my skin, especially when it was dry from acne products. I also felt it helped with oil control. Then at night I would wash it off and wear the Nighttime Moisturizer instead, which has no SPF/less chemicals/is less thick. The nighttime moisturizer is my favorite, really moisturizers without feeling greasy.

I would also recommend some masks for your type of skin....I used Origins Drink Up 10 Minute Moisture Mask for a long time when my skin was really bad. It really helped hydrate the dry patches on my skin but did not make it oily. Plus it smells great haha

[CURRENT REGIMEN]

AM:

Wash with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel (European version) + Clarisonic Mia

Apply CeraVe AM Moisturizer w/ SPF 30

Apply Aczone (dapsone) 

PM:

Wash with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel + Clarisonic Mia
Apply CeraVe PM Moisturizer 
Apply Epiduo (adapalene + benzoyl peroxide)
50 mg of Spironolactone 

[CURRENT STATUS]
90% clear

#4 mWilso

mWilso

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:51 PM

Have you tried a hyaluronic acid serum? It's really light weight.

#5 SubState

SubState

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:48 PM

Thanks so much! I'll give these tips a try!

#6 Beender20

Beender20

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:35 PM

I think you should actually just leave your skin alone for a couple months and not use any products on it. No ones skin should naturally be that oily. The products you are using is actually damaging the natural flora and integrity of the skin on your face and drying it out. Your skin is completely out of balance now.

However I know it's hard to let go of products, so if you need a matte moisturizer I know Murad has a great mattifier and it even has spf 15. I used it back in the day and it worked really well for me.

#7 SubState

SubState

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:01 PM

Hey Beender20. Thanks for the advice. I've tried using no products for my skin for a couple of months already but it really didn't work out for me.

However, I've started using Alpha Hydrox enhanced lotion and the foaming face wash for a couple of weeks now and this stuff works really well for me. It doesn't dry my skin at all but it really clears my skin. By far the best products I've found that works for my skin. I don't even have to moisturize it but I might try some hyaluronic acid moisturizer.

#8 bjgsam1

bjgsam1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:30 AM

Hi I need some advice on products from you guys.

Whenever I wash my face with products, soap or face wash it leaves my face really dry. I need to wash it with products because my skin gets really oily after a while and forms hardened plugs in my pores which is really annoying. Also the soap I use now doesn't completely get rid of the plugs as is.

Do you know any face wash that clears your skin really well (preferably with AHA or BHA) and a moisturizer that moisturizes really well but is not greasy, and even has a matte finish?

Thanks so much!

Ah, I get that too! It's dry after cleansing and treatment, but as soon as I put on Dan's moisturizer, it's so greasy. I personally find Dan's moisturizer greasy and not all that moisturizing. I plan to follow the regimen with all the acne.org products until my skin totally clears up, then start swapping out products. I think I'll try some of the products suggested above :)