Photo

Have I Beat The Cysts And Moved Onto Scarring?

scarring pigmentation cyst oily skin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 dsumo402

dsumo402

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:32 AM

Hi everyone. My name is Damon. I'm a 19 year old male that has had acne for i'd say around 3 years ever since I was 16. I'll try and give as many details as possible to reduce questions..

My question is: Have I moved from cysts on to the scarring phase of acne?
I have noticed that I haven't been forming many new cysts, and if I do, they are very small and actually go away quite easily. I have quite oily skin so I try and stay away from any moisturizers that aren't oil free. As for my regimen, I use only cetaphil cleanser twice a day followed by cetaphil moisturizer. I've had the scars (or what they appear to be from doing research on this site) for around 3 months I would say. I have been to an esthetician that has done some peels and has concluded that I am in the scarring stage and am experiencing "hyper pigmentation". My scarring does definitely seem to be more pronounced in the sun, in my low lighting mirror it seems to be quite mild and not too pronounced. By low lighting I mean not UV. So basically I would just like some opinions from the people on the forum. On what you believe to still be cysts or scarring? And how severe is this scarring?

As for seeing a dermatologist, I saw one YEARS ago when I first noticed my acne and they prescribed tazorac? I obviously do not use this anymore as I saw my acne get worse over the years. Should I see one for this scarring? Thank you everyone. I've really seen some sincere support from others suffering from acne on this site and I'd greatly appreciate all opinions.

Attached Files

#2 mafnlyfl0l

mafnlyfl0l

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:04 AM

I can only see scarring in the bottom right of your right picture (left cheek)

the left cheek is only redness, i would suggest you dont mess up by irritating , Just let the redness go
and ull hve a good ol skin with abit of imperfection that can be corrected by exfoliation :)

#3 dsumo402

dsumo402

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:48 AM

That's great to hear! Any suggestions on how I can avoid "irritating" it?

#4 Elenita

Elenita

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:28 AM

Hello my name is Elena and although i don't have severe acne i do suffer from cystic pimples from time to time and i currently have one that hurts like hell. Ive been attacking it with benzoyl peroxide spot treatment called zapyt it. They always leave scars and its only on the right side of my face. I also have broken capilalries around my nose and its red and annoying. On monday i am getting the Vbeam laser done for the scars and the broken capilaries. I was wondering if the v beam will help with my ocasional cystic pimples and if the v beam will help out the current cyst that i have. I have aslo her that Retin A helps prevent cystic pimples.. i usually use cetaphyil facial wash and the cream.

Anyone have any insight on this?

#5 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:45 AM

Tazorac is great for treating scarring.

Edited by Green Gables, 19 July 2012 - 11:45 AM.

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#6 dsumo402

dsumo402

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:32 PM

Really? I might look into asking about that. As for you Elena if you're cystic acne has never been too sever of a problem the laser should clear it up depending on how strong.

#7 mafnlyfl0l

mafnlyfl0l

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:16 PM

Just minimize the touching, and youll be glade you did ;)

#8 dsumo402

dsumo402

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

Good idea. I do find myself checking if I'm gaining any new cysts in that area..it feels smooth though! Thats my main problem. It feels like nothing is there yet it definitely shows.

#9 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:48 PM

Good idea. I do find myself checking if I'm gaining any new cysts in that area..it feels smooth though! Thats my main problem. It feels like nothing is there yet it definitely shows.

Instead of touching to see if you're getting cysts, why not look in the mirror with the light aiming at your face. I do that a lot. I see a lot of tiny bumps under skin that might form.. but I haven't found any cysts that will grow. I hope I don't see that! Or do you feel any pain when touching which means that's a cystS?

Edited by Ghostunit, 19 July 2012 - 05:49 PM.

Best way to make your skin smooth and clear eventually:

Plant-based diet is the best medicine for everything.. That's if you consume at least 80% raw, mainly from veggies and fruits.
Exercising: cardio is great for skin and lifting a bit.
Thinking positive and try not to stress or think about acne.

I am doing these and my skin is currently very smooth and clearing up!
I am a vegan raw 100%. I feel better, have more energy, saving animals a year, glow skin, I look younger, etc.

#10 dsumo402

dsumo402

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:51 PM

Thanks for the advice man. What would you conclude from the pictures? I always look at small bumps forming where old cysts use to be and I think they're definitely going to be cysts. They end up just being zits. How big should a cyst be if I do end up "seeing" one?