Photo

Please Readů.your Acne Could Be Caused By Food!

acne food scar cream severe acne cyst

3 replies to this topic

#1 alishaj

alishaj

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:19 PM

I just wanted to share my experience with you guys, in case it could help anyone. There are a lot of information out there about different causes of acne, but not so much about people’s sensitivity to specific food. I suffered from severe cystic acne for more than 6 years until I figured out slowly (over a period of 2 years) that it was all food related. I found out I am extremely sensitive to certain ingredients or additives in food, such as pectin, soy lecithin, xanthan gum, guar gum, and vegetable oil. Several days of exposure to any of them causes severe acne for me, otherwise my skin is completely clear! Certain fruits also cause acne for me (I guess due to their pesticides). For instance, if I drink regular orange juice for a few days, then my whole face is covered, but organic orange juice is ok.

It may be worthwhile your time to test the food hypothesis…..avoid all processed food and try to cook your food for a while and eat organic fruits and vegetables (if possible). Also, I wanted to let you know that I had good success with a scar cream called revitol scar cream. It’s very effective, but you need to use for a few months before you start seeing any results. Hope this helps!

#2 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:41 PM

I just wanted to share my experience with you guys, in case it could help anyone. There are a lot of information out there about different causes of acne, but not so much about people’s sensitivity to specific food. I suffered from severe cystic acne for more than 6 years until I figured out slowly (over a period of 2 years) that it was all food related. I found out I am extremely sensitive to certain ingredients or additives in food, such as pectin, soy lecithin, xanthan gum, guar gum, and vegetable oil. Several days of exposure to any of them causes severe acne for me, otherwise my skin is completely clear! Certain fruits also cause acne for me (I guess due to their pesticides). For instance, if I drink regular orange juice for a few days, then my whole face is covered, but organic orange juice is ok.

It may be worthwhile your time to test the food hypothesis…..avoid all processed food and try to cook your food for a while and eat organic fruits and vegetables (if possible). Also, I wanted to let you know that I had good success with a scar cream called revitol scar cream. It’s very effective, but you need to use for a few months before you start seeing any results. Hope this helps!

How long have you been using the scar cream and how much success did u have?

#3 artisdead

artisdead

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:hippy shit.

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:12 AM

thats crazy I never thought of xanthan gum. how did you come to this conclusion? I eat a some vegan products that would have xanthan gum, and recently even bought it for gluten free baking. I've noticed my acne has been worse lately and I thought it might be almonds (almond milk) but processed almond milks also contain this... hmmmmm

#4 alishaj

alishaj

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:45 PM

I’ve been using the scar cream for 4 months now and I’d say there’s 40-50% improvement. As to how I found out about xanthan gum, it was a new ice-cream that I kept purchasing (without checking the ingrediets first) and I saw that my skin started breaking out very badly. Didn’t have it for a while, my skin got clear. Again had it and it got worse. The only additive they had was xanthan gum. So, yeah try not to eat that product and see if your skin improves :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users