flaxseed

2 replies to this topic

#1 runner4

runner4

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 September 2004 - 07:34 PM

I have been eating about 2 tablespoons a day of flaxseed for about a week. Has anyone seen any positive links between flaxseed and clear skin? I have been doing Dan's regimen for about a week too, so I am not sure what is helping, but one or both are!

#2 Lumas

Lumas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 September 2004 - 07:26 AM

Flaxseed alone probaly won't cure you, but it is an excellent seed to take. It is extremely high in anti-oxidants and has 18 different amino acids. Taking flaxseed also helps with bowel movements as the seeds will brush agaisnt the colon wall and remove "things" . I take three teaspoons of flaxseeds ground up and three teaspoons of whole flaxseed daily. It's easy to use to make some great snacks.

#3 Guest_Scorpioness_*

Guest_Scorpioness_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 30 September 2004 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE(Lumas @ Sep 30 2004, 06:26 AM)
Flaxseed alone probaly won't cure you, but it is an excellent seed to take.  It is extremely high in anti-oxidants and has 18 different amino acids.  Taking flaxseed also helps with bowel movements as the seeds will brush agaisnt the colon wall and remove "things" .  I take three teaspoons of flaxseeds ground up and three teaspoons of whole flaxseed daily. It's easy to use to make some great snacks.

View Post

I've been using ground flax seed in my salads and juices every day lately. I don't trust flax oil since it spoils easily but the ground seed is versatile and can be mixed into most food.
My friend Robert said that his favorite colon cleanse is to soak a bunch of ground flax seed in water overnight and then drink it in the morning. He refuses to take psyllium, and says this flax method works better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users