Photo

Yellow Teeth

teeth yellowing acne natural holistic

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Oracle Crow

Oracle Crow

Acne Battler

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:23 PM

Okay so I have yellow teeth. I think because for a long time I was on antibiotics for my acne, it made them this way. Tetracycline, doxycycline and minocycline were the ones I have taken. Plus I just finished up an Accutane course in June. Although I can't exactly remember when I started to have teeth this stained, I do know it has been this way for at least a year. Maybe two. I started taking tetracycline when I was about 12, I think. I usually brush my teeth twice a day with a whitening toothpaste. I have never had a cavity. I also try to eat a balanced and clean diet. I have read a past topic about how you shouldn't use toothpaste, period. Natural or not. Honestly at this point I am really confused as to where I should go from here. So does anyone have helpful input? Thanks in advance.

The pictures that I have added to this post are what my teeth look like as of 7/18/12.

IMG_0019.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

Edited by Brown Spots, 24 July 2012 - 09:25 PM.

Regimen
Morning
Neutrogena Oil-free Acne Wash
Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture SPF 15
Evening
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

Started Accutane on 11/4/11
Finished Accutane on 7/3/12

#2 FaceValues

FaceValues

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 16
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

Get as many probiotics/fermented foods in your young body as possible. Quit sugar.

Instead of looking for the right person, become the right person.

If you treat your self/symptom with a lot more compassion, you'll find your skin heals much faster when it's not constantly in store for a thrashin'. Rather than blasting the sound of what you're currently treating your face with, the case may be you just need to change the station and re-evaluate you and your skin's relationship . It's easier than you think to relate with, because much like mainstream radio emotions always make for underrated yet relevant statements.

My website is in progress and will probably benefit you in some way.

#3 SamIman

SamIman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:46 AM

u been on a lot of anti biotics, that is messing u up bro. get on those probiotics. i recommend kefir.

#4 AnnaMoyer

AnnaMoyer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:01 AM

i would still advise that you brush your teeth regularly. Bacteria builds up on your teeth, and when there is enough to make a full bacterial colony, the colony forms a protective bio film, which makes them better at resisting antibacterial/antiseptic chemicals. The best way to remove a bio film is to physically scrape it off, hence the brushing.

There's a lot of debate about what type of tooth paste should or shouldn't be used, and whether or not we need fluoride, so do some research and form your own opinion.

Check out Living Libations. Nadine Artemis has some great info on oral care which I found very interesting. Her routine is pretty involved, so I don't follow it exactly and I've never purchased any of her products since they are expensive, but the information is worth reading.
I would put a regimen in here, but truth be told, I don't even know what I'm doing anymore. I'm looking for a new regimen.

Trying a new diet: less dairy, low GI foods

#5 tim12

tim12

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:13 AM

I don't have much N&HH advice for this, but I do use a sonicare toothbrush; it is probably the best toothbrush out there. Oh, and you could use baking soda. As far as not having the whole Listerine and other modern treatments to forego fluoride and whatnot, I'd also reccomend investing in a tongue brush/scraper. Those things do wonders for gnarly breath. Best stocking stuffer ever for family members with SAD BAD breath.

#6 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:57 AM

Dry brushing is supposed to remove the most plaque, which you could do with a sonic care. Or I think the other best alternative to toothpaste is a powder that includes minerals for remineralizing teeth. There are lots of recipes that often include calcium clay powders or egg shells. And often salt, baking soda and herbs.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#7 Oracle Crow

Oracle Crow

Acne Battler

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:24 PM

Thanks for replying everyone. I will have to do some serious research, when I have time. Honestly when I posted this I was kind of worried but really there is no quick fix. I am almost certain that the anti-biotics did a lot of damage to the dentin and caused the enamel the to yellow this much. I do have a bottle of pro-biotics but I stopped taking then because I thought they did more harm than good. I mean I think they broke me out. I wouldn't mind using them again if it'll help my teeth. Diet-wise, I am doing pretty well. For the past few weeks I have stayed away from most processed and refined foods. And I've been sticking with my exercise regimen. One more thing... I have started taking zinc (25 mg), fish oil and glucosamine tablets. On top of that I just recently added green tea with lemon juice, drinking it with a straw of course.
Regimen
Morning
Evening

#8 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:38 AM

Remember that natural, healthy teeth are not dazzlingly white. My dentist once showed me a chart of what the "normal" whitest you can get naturally, and it looked yellow. White white teeth are artificially bleached.

Tetracyclines have been shown to cause a sort of "graying" in the teeth IF they are taken when you are still growing.

Tetracyclines should therefore be avoided in pregnant or lactating women, and in young children with developing teeth. A pregnant woman who takes tetracycline might cause stains to the deciduous teeth of her baby. A child who takes tetracycline might cause stains to his developing adult teeth. Those stains are usually internal and cannot be easily removed with conventional tooth whitening. It is therefore recommended not to give tetracycline to children.

Tetracycline stains are different in that they are IN the tooth, so you can't really remove them with whitening. I would try the suggestions here to remove additional surface stains and plaque, but get used to the idea that your teeth are 1) not naturally WHITE anyway 2) yes, tetracycline probably darkened them. If you want movie-star teeth, your only real options are to get veneers.

P.S. Your teeth look a perfectly normal un-bleached color, I don't think you were affected by tetracycline that much

Edited by Green Gables, 25 July 2012 - 08:40 AM.

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#9 bobbi364

bobbi364

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:45 AM

yellow teeth is often times from using standard toothpastes, fluoride can do this...

dental fluorosis from fluoride google it.

#10 Maximus Decimus Merideous

Maximus Decimus Merideous

Max

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:13 PM

How come nobody has recommended a dentist? My mom is a dentist...so no talking smack Posted Image

#11 Oracle Crow

Oracle Crow

Acne Battler

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:55 PM

yellow teeth is often times from using standard toothpastes, fluoride can do this...

dental fluorosis from fluoride google it.

Actually I have noticed some spotting on my teeth, never knew what it was though. But there are so few that it's pretty questionable.

Remember that natural, healthy teeth are not dazzlingly white. My dentist once showed me a chart of what the "normal" whitest you can get naturally, and it looked yellow. White white teeth are artificially bleached.

I do realize that. Honestly I have little knowledge about teeth or anything dental, so I will have to do more research. I have not come to consensus about anything right now. If I do, I will post my opinion here. Not to mention I'll take everything I read, with a grain of salt.
Regimen
Morning
Evening