4 replies to this topic

#1 l MO l

l MO l

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:58 PM

Hello Everyone,

After visiting my family doctor today, he got me really worried about my cystic acne scars. He said that my scars are gonna stay on my skin forever. Still holding on a glimmer of hope, I decided to ask you all, what I could do to help remove these hideous scars? (Below are some pictures of my cystic acne scars).

My Cystic Acne Story

During college, I felt a tingly burning sensation on both sides of my cheeks, paying no attention to it, thinking it was merely the heat of the sun, I ignored it. Later on, many large pimples appear. Thinking it was no big deal, I decided to wait till the semester is over to see a doctor, bad idea. The doctor told me it was cystic acne. He prescribed me minocycline for a month and erythromycin and benzoyl peroxide topical gel. I couldn't take the gel since it was burning my face, so I took the pills. After a month no result. So I consulted a dermatologist. The dermatologist prescribed me doxycycline 100 mg and tretinoin cream .025%. I have yet to finish those medication (keep forgetting to take meds), but when I visted my family doctor again after a couple of months, he said my acne was heal, now I just have scars. I will continue on to finish the medication that my dermatologist prescribed me, but I would also like to treat the scars that I have now at the same time. My doctor told me I could do dermabrasion and chemical peel while taking the medication. I currently can't afford anything expensive such as laser treatment. So I would like to hear from you all what products I should use that is effective? I'm going to have to see my family relatives who I haven't seen for 10 years in December, so about 5 months. Please help me out here. I want to look my best in front of them.

My Skin Type

Asian Skin, Oily, Dry, Sensitive, large pores, tend to have eczema around the lip

In the early 20s

By the way, I can't tell what type of scars I have, could you guys enlighten me? If you need closer up pictures, let me know and I'll repost them. Thank you.

Edited by l MO l, 04 April 2013 - 12:17 PM.

#2 Murph89

Murph89

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, MMA, photography, fishing.

Achievements

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

Try some type of chemical exfoliant whether it's salicylic acid (BHA) or aha. You need to remove the outer layer of skin which has the red marks. Be happy that those red marks aren't intentions because red marks almost always fade. Jus takes time. Or if you want to try a retinoid, the strongest one is tazorac. Works for red marks because it again remove the outer layer of skin and continues to do so with each application.

Edited by Murph89, 17 July 2012 - 08:28 PM.

#3 snsdgirl14

snsdgirl14

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:00 AM

I don't think those will stay forever. I had marks that looked like yours six months ago all over my cheeks. Six months later, with the help of Epiduo + Monodox 2x a day + daily exfoliation, my marks disappeared and faded completely. Right now my cheeks look beautiful. As long as the marks aren't indented/pit scars/etc, they will not last forever. Consider seeing a new derm maybe?

[CURRENT REGIMEN]

AM:

Wash with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel (European version) + Clarisonic Mia

Apply CeraVe AM Moisturizer w/ SPF 30

Apply Aczone (dapsone) 

PM:

Wash with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel + Clarisonic Mia
Apply CeraVe PM Moisturizer 
Apply Epiduo (adapalene + benzoyl peroxide)
50 mg of Spironolactone 

[CURRENT STATUS]
90% clear

#4 Thatusernameisalreadytaken

Thatusernameisalreadytaken

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:18 AM

You do seem to have indented scarring actually, i can see it if i really focus on it however the redness is not making it very apparent in the pictures, mine was exactly the same. Only time will tell if they are deep or not once you rid the redness.

#5 DudleyDoRight

DudleyDoRight

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

It is hard to tall with the redness, but I believe you are a candidate for the granddaddy ablative fractionalized CO2.
Dermabrasion - Full Face

CO2 Full Face 1996

Fraxel Re:pair 70 mj - 60% May 22, 2008

Fraxel Re:pair 70 mj - 60% Jan 08, 2009

Fraxel Re:pair 70 mj - 60% Oct 30,2009

Fraxel Re:pair 70 mj - 60% Oct 08,2010

Fraxel Re:pair 70 mj - 60% Nov 04,2011

"The Road To Wellville" 1994
Goodloe Bender: Health! The 'open sesame' to the sucker's purse!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users