Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Simple things that will clear up your skin

20 posts in this topic

I was looking at all these posts on line and was bummed that I had to change my entire lifestyle to clear up my skin. I'd say my acne was mild-moderate. But there are a few things that can help...

-eliminate dairy, especially if you're allergic or lactose intolerant

(I'm allergic and have been since birth, it gave me a bunch of ear problems...now that I don't eat it anymore my skin is a hell of alot better.)

-if you eat flour make sure it's wholegrain

-@ least 4 RAW fruits and veggies a day, when you cook them the nutrients get cooked out

-take vitamins...I take

-4 vita B complex (per day)

-2 multivitamin

-2 vita E

-2 Beta Carotene

-drink @ least 8 glasses of water a day

-drink green tea, have wheatgrass

-bathe in epson salts

-exercise (cardio) regularly

Yes it does....I have my own experiences...I mean I took a multi-vitamin with iodine and I broke out for weeks. I was in a treatment. And it didn't help. It also depends if you take high dosage of Iodine. I think the bottle said 100% of Iodine. Go figures.

hmmm...i can't figure out how to use the quote button...i'm such a computer retard lol.gif but this is in reply to mdawg about the zinc. i have seen studies that say that zinc is comparable to oral antibiotics when it comes to fighting acne. i think zinc improves your immune system so that you are more able to combat the p. acne bacteria. its probably a whole lot better than prescription antibiotics because your body can't become immune to it.

hmmm...i can't figure out how to use the quote button...i'm such a computer retard lol.gif but this is in reply to mdawg about the zinc.  i have seen studies that say that zinc is comparable to oral antibiotics when it comes to fighting acne.  i think zinc improves your immune system so that you are more able to combat the p. acne bacteria.  its probably a whole lot better than prescription antibiotics because your body can't become immune to it.

show off! wink.gif

i do know that if you're taking zinc supplements it's important to make sure you don't take more than 50mg a day...but i'm pretty sure zinc is the #1 way to strengthen your immune system (supplement wise)...and if your immune system is strong, then your body can fight the acne bacteria...

show off! wink.gif

i do know that if you're taking zinc supplements it's important to make sure you don't take more than 50mg a day...but i'm pretty sure zinc is the #1 way to strengthen your immune system (supplement wise)...and if your immune system is strong, then your body can fight the acne bacteria...

Multivitamins = useless. You should look into taking individual vitamins plus a multi every other day or so.

If you're taking zinc, make sure there's copper in it. Zinc to copper ratio should be 10:1 or 12:1. Don't take one without the other. Zinc depletes copper and copper depletes zinc. Zinc helps strengthen your immune system overall.

Zinc, copper supplimentation is theoretical. In reality you get plenty of copper from your diet, from the water you drink, and especially from the showers. What do you think the pipes in your house are made of?

Doesn't B Complex cause Acne???

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

Make sure you get the right form of Zinc. I think Opti Zinc works the best, yet to find out though.

"We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic cords of memory will swell when again touched as surely they will be by the better angels of our nature."

HAHA. I think I've almost beat this thing. I tried adding the water regimen to everything I've been doing. My skin is looking the best it has in 2 years. I'm also on a liver cleanse that I got from this naturopath we saw. I may be imagining things but my hair and nails are growing like crazy, my eyes look whiter too.