#61 Lapis lazuli

Lapis lazuli

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:55 AM

hi guys,

i just wanted to let you know about my recent purchase. I bought this product called stem c'rum by dermaheal. It was super-expensive ($500) but when I think about the thousands of dollars I've already spent on other kind of treatments, it doesn't seem like a lot. It came with 6 vials and you are supposed to either perform dermabrasion, laser resurfacing or needling before applying the product to your skin. I've already done one treatment and can notice a significant difference. I would say about a 60% improvement. What I did was use these microdermabrasion pads that I bought on ebay a while back and scrubbed pretty aggressively over my two scars. FYI, they are actually surgical scars that have been extremely hard to treat (lasers/dermabrasion/needling) and if this works on my scars then I figure they've got to help those with acne scars. After I did that, I used my dermastamp to poke tons of holes into the scars as well. Needless to say I was pretty aggressive and the whole area is bright pink right now. I'm not too worried about the pigmentation coming back because it always does and mind you, I have dark skin. I was very aggressive because I wanted to make sure that the stem c'rum would reach the deep dermal layers. The scabs fell off much faster than usual as well. When I usually perform dermabrasion or needling on my scars, the scabs take at least 5 or 6 days to fall off but this time, I performed the dermabrasion and needling and used the stem c'rum on a Wednesday night and the scabs fell off on saturday morning which I felt was very promising from the start. Anyway, I'm not on here often but I just wanted to share my good news with you all because I know a lot of people find something that works for them and then they don't come back to tell us. If you have any questions, I'll try to come back and check often and to answer any that you might have. I can honestly say that I think that the stem C'rum might be the answer I was looking for all these years. I am so shocked by how well and how fast it is working. fyi, i purchased it on the dermaheal website and it is not the "SR" version but the regular stem c'rum. take care everyone

sou

Why post this here? It's got nothing to do with the thread's topic and quite frankly it looks like you're advertizing this "c'rum"? Posted Image

#62 sousou_bella

sousou_bella

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:05 AM

that's fine if u think I'm advertising because I know that I'm just trying to help ...I wish I did work for them so that I wouldn't have to pay $500 for their product. Also, the reason I posted this here is because I was planning on getting the recell treatment done in London and I have been reading this thread and since the stem c'rum is similar in terms of using stem cell technology and a form of abrasion , I thought someone might be interested. Again , I was just trying to help...I've suffered from depression from my scars and I know how debilitating they can be. These threads have helped me so much..I actually discovered the dermaheal product on this website so I was just trying to give back to you all.

Sou

#63 Lapis lazuli

Lapis lazuli

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:19 AM

that's fine if u think I'm advertising because I know that I'm just trying to help ...I wish I did work for them so that I wouldn't have to pay $500 for their product. Also, the reason I posted this here is because I was planning on getting the recell treatment done in London and I have been reading this thread and since the stem c'rum is similar in terms of using stem cell technology and a form of abrasion , I thought someone might be interested. Again , I was just trying to help...I've suffered from depression from my scars and I know how debilitating they can be. These threads have helped me so much..I actually discovered the dermaheal product on this website so I was just trying to give back to you all.

Sou

Well then you could have been a bit more clear in your post as now you came across as the person who started this thread who is clearly not just "informing" people out of the goodness of their heart but is advertizing SkinFX. Which is against the rules of this message board but somewhow she is allowed to do so anyway.

#64 sousou_bella

sousou_bella

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:22 AM

is there something I could do to let u know that you're mistaken

#65 Lapis lazuli

Lapis lazuli

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:30 AM

is there something I could do to let u know that you're mistaken

She isn't advertizing SkinFX? She is taking time out of her day informing people and not expecting anything back? Is that what you really think?

#66 sousou_bella

sousou_bella

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:32 AM

O sorry I misunderstood what you said. I thought you were implying that I was trying to advertise skinfx.

#67 Lapis lazuli

Lapis lazuli

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

O sorry I misunderstood what you said. I thought you were implying that I was trying to advertise skinfx.

No, not you. The poster from Glasgow, called "Recell". She's out here because she wants people to know about SkinFX which is where she works. And there isn't really any other reason even though she claims there is.

#68 midnightmist

midnightmist

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

i always laugh and cry a little when i see these stem cell creams on the internet. they use the stem cells of apples, pears and god knows what else and say oh this will help your skin. as if an apple stem cell would help us - are we even remotely similar to an apple???. **glares at all of you apple resembling people***

we need not only human stem cells, but our own stem cells and recell seems to provide this - and this is what makes it seem awesome.

i must admit, i was following another user on here who used stem cells on her scars and it helped, but it was nothing extraordinary. i suspect it too would require multiple treatments for severe scarring (burn scars and accident scars, more than acne scarring like ernesto who had wonderful results).

im going to wait until its perfected a little more :)

#69 CherrySoda08

CherrySoda08

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 19
About Me

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:30 PM

i always laugh and cry a little when i see these stem cell creams on the internet. they use the stem cells of apples, pears and god knows what else and say oh this will help your skin. as if an apple stem cell would help us - are we even remotely similar to an apple???. **glares at all of you apple resembling people***

we need not only human stem cells, but our own stem cells and recell seems to provide this - and this is what makes it seem awesome.

i must admit, i was following another user on here who used stem cells on her scars and it helped, but it was nothing extraordinary. i suspect it too would require multiple treatments for severe scarring (burn scars and accident scars, more than acne scarring like ernesto who had wonderful results).

im going to wait until its perfected a little more Posted Image

If you don't mind my asking, why do you say you are going to wait until ReCell is perfected a little more? Don't you think that Ernesto's results were pretty perfect? I guess I am a little confused as to why you don't find the results satisfactory. Could you please explain this to me?

Thanks.

#70 midnightmist

midnightmist

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:07 AM

I don't mind u asking. I'd be treating more severe burn scars, much like the accident scar another user on here treated with recall and the co2 laser.

Although its good to be supportive, her improvement in these scars was quite limited considering, the cost of the treatment/ time off required. Given the limited results on more serious scars, I'm sadly forced to wait til something better comes out. That was a difficult decision to come to. In terms of acne scars however, it seems like a good treatment for everyone here.

#71 CherrySoda08

CherrySoda08

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 19
About Me

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:45 PM

I don't mind u asking. I'd be treating more severe burn scars, much like the accident scar another user on here treated with recall and the co2 laser.

Although its good to be supportive, her improvement in these scars was quite limited considering, the cost of the treatment/ time off required. Given the limited results on more serious scars, I'm sadly forced to wait til something better comes out. That was a difficult decision to come to. In terms of acne scars however, it seems like a good treatment for everyone here.

Oh, okay. That is totally understandable. I did not realize that you are wanting to have a different type of scarring treated, besides acne scarring. Best of luck on your endeavors!

Cherry

#72 Star Kim

Star Kim

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

im going to wait until its perfected a little more Posted Image

What another user are you talking about? Can you show me the link?

#73 Rez77

Rez77

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

HEY, I know for a fact RECELL plus lasers or dermabrasion or whatever will not DO SHIT!

I know this because I have a friend who recently got a job with AVITA(the company that makes RECELL) and so I asked her to hook me up and if it really worked etc. She said the applications right now are pretty minimal, mostly for pigmentation issues. I asked her how their testing was going for acne scars and if she could at least send me some good before and after pics of recell for acne scars. She said they didn't have shit. Most of the best photos they have are just infllamation response after a few weeks of laser or dermabrasion and the claims of it producing new skin etc. are all just wishful thinking right now.

This makes sense to me. That Zenith clinic has no before/after photos. They've been using this stuff for 2 years in the UK!! Two whole goddamn YEARS!! And you can't tell me there aren't more then like two mediocre photos of acne scar treatment!!!!!????

RECELL DOES NOT WORK.

#74 waitingforacure

waitingforacure

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:fighting acne/scars...

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

what about Ernestoria hes had amazing results from recell/fraxel repair for acne scars

http://www.acne.org/...ia#entry2773495

http://images.search...umb=AarchYvL.yE

Edited by waitingforacure, 19 January 2013 - 10:18 AM.

#75 acnescar123

acnescar123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

I don't think recell should be marketed as something which will actually help scars, rather I think it should be something that takes out a huge portion of risk out of highly ablative procedures. You can do dermabrasion/co2/fractional co2 without many of the risks as doing it without recell (pigmentation/infection/faster healing).

#76 jennyfung

jennyfung

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:50 AM

I sent an email to ask for more details about Recell in Asia.
There is a branch and staff there but no reply since then
What should I do?

#77 Star Kim

Star Kim

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

Avita ppl suck at getting back to potential clients...Seems like they don't wanna sell their product!

Good morning

Yes there is evidence that ReCell improves ice pick acne scarring. It works by the area being debraded using a diamond headed burr to removes layers of the skin. A small skin sample is taken from behind the ear which is then made into your spray on skin. Once applied dressings are worn for five days. As it is your own cells they multiply in their millions encouraging faster healing as well as giving an improved, smoother textured skin which continues to improve month on month. It does take a good three months for everything to settle down and it can be quite pink over the next 1 - 4 weeks.

I hope that this helps?

Hello! Does Skin FX Clinic still exists? I am having trouble accessing their website.. :(

#78 mark1982

mark1982

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:47 AM

So I had pretty bad acne growing up. I've been on Accutane twice. I had really bad scars. I got recell treatment approximately 1 year ago. I had done chemical peels and dermabrasions.

I am honestly in amazement after having tried so many things to clear this up. Recell really worked great for me my skin is soft and flat and if I had to give like a percentage I went from 100% to 20% scars or so. The ones that are still there are very mild and hard to see. Even my parents were like oh my god its a whole new you. Only cost me a few hundred dollars my insurance actually covered most of it (guess they figured was cheaper than more chemical peels and such...)

-Mark

#79 Borec

Borec

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:13 PM

I don't think recell should be marketed as something which will actually help scars, rather I think it should be something that takes out a huge portion of risk out of highly ablative procedures. You can do dermabrasion/co2/fractional co2 without many of the risks as doing it without recell (pigmentation/infection/faster healing).

I think you hit the nail on the head with this comment.
It is said that the faster a scar heals the less likely for complications and scarring.
By suplementing ablative treatment with recell the risks are dramatically reduced. On top of that recell may promote other benefits, like collagen but its not a treatment for every type of scar!

I havent updated my blog for a while and i wont until after summer so i know 100% what my results will be. At the moment i have (i hate making percentages) a huge improvement. My wife says 80% pigment back, its no,longer white and shiny and IS normal skin tone albeit a slightly lighter shade. I have 20 years of sun damaged skin from surfing on the rest of my face so i just need more sun to see the end result. The scars are greatly improved but i dont know how much of that is from recell and how much from dermabrasion.

What i would suggest, rather than slagging it, is to wait for the FDA trials to finish. It will then be conclusive as to whether it really does help. Then it could be combined with another treatment for the extra 10% benefit or whatever it turns out to be. Even that would be good enough i think?. Also they are working on advancements.

#80 Nightlilly89

Nightlilly89

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:10 PM

Just curious Borec, what kinds of advancements did you hear they are working on? Do you mean with recell?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users