137 replies to this topic

#41 recell

recell

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:24 AM

Good morning

Yes there is evidence that ReCell improves ice pick acne scarring. It works by the area being debraded using a diamond headed burr to removes layers of the skin. A small skin sample is taken from behind the ear which is then made into your spray on skin. Once applied dressings are worn for five days. As it is your own cells they multiply in their millions encouraging faster healing as well as giving an improved, smoother textured skin which continues to improve month on month. It does take a good three months for everything to settle down and it can be quite pink over the next 1 - 4 weeks.

I hope that this helps?

#42 Borec

Borec

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:44 AM

From my understanding Recell is primarily an epidermal (and maybe top of dermis?) treatment, but it has "growth factors".
As an example, if one has an open wound,i.e burn or ulcer then typically the wound heals from the outside --> in.
Keratinocytes detect that a neighbouring cell is not present and they copy themselves until they find a neighbour aka when the wound is closed.
Recell allows keratinocytes, lagerhans, melanocytes and stem cells to be evenly sprayed over the open wound surface so that healing happens "everywhere", not only from the outside. it is the opinion of most i beleive that the faster the healing time the less likely that scarring will occur. I linked an interview with Fiona Wood in another thread. I cant remember exactly but i think from memory she said that if the wound closes/heals within 7 days then the chances of no scarring are something like 80%, however if it takes more than 20 days its the opposite, something like 80% chance of scarring. So she is an advocate for early intervention. Obviously this is for burns.

Furthermore, recell contains these growth factors that they dont fully understand yet. Potentially its these growth factors that help with acne scarring (over and above the results from dermabrasion/laser etc.) as scarring is in the dermis. Maybe its the stem cells or maybe its a reaction in the body.
With me, as Ive stated in my blog, my skin texture, fine scarring, fine wrinkles, sun damage,pigmentation and over glow is a huuuge improvement over what it was like before. The deeper depressed scars that i have is greatly smoothed out but its hard to guage whether recell did it, dermabrasion, or both.
In my opinion its both. dermbrasion smoothed everything out and recell ensured that I had an extremely fast recovery (seriously fast) while giving me these growth factors.
Also with me its interesting that the filler (Juvaderm) is still there after 18+months. Its slowly disappearing hence the reason its hard to comment with 100% certainty. I think with most things recell will work for some and maybe not for others but I as always its not a 100% miracle cure...yet :D. The more patients that undergo treatment the more theyll understand it and improve. I do beleive that they are working on further advancements, so recell v2 could be around the corner at some point.

After FDA approval I think there will be a huge push from the cosmetics industry and our questions can then be better answered, backed up with solid proof.
By the way the FDA is not only reviewing recell for burns but also for scars.
As for costs. The costs are mainly from the procedure and recell adds another 800-1000?? to it.
I would not have any ablative procedure without it. Its a must for me.

#43 Lapis lazuli

Lapis lazuli

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:41 AM

Good morning

Yes there is evidence that ReCell improves ice pick acne scarring. It works by the area being debraded using a diamond headed burr to removes layers of the skin. A small skin sample is taken from behind the ear which is then made into your spray on skin. Once applied dressings are worn for five days. As it is your own cells they multiply in their millions encouraging faster healing as well as giving an improved, smoother textured skin which continues to improve month on month. It does take a good three months for everything to settle down and it can be quite pink over the next 1 - 4 weeks.

I hope that this helps?

It helps but you haven't answered all my questions so either 1) you didn't think they were all worth answering for some reason or 2) you think I'm a so-called "troll" (which I'm not) or 3) you didn't read them in the first place or 4) you're evasive.

Edited by Lapis lazuli, 20 July 2012 - 04:42 AM.

#44 no_hope

no_hope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:43 PM

Good morning

I hope that this helps?

on the web site it states it works for SOME ice pick scarring. this means it doesnt work for all types of ice picks correct? is dermabrassion and co2 the only ablative treatments used with recelll or are there other ablative treatments that can be used with recell? does recelll restore the melanin back in the skin as normal as it was before? when will recell be available in canada? or will i have to wait until its available in the states to get it.

#45 recell

recell

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:51 AM

Good afternoon

With regards to the actual treatment we debrade the area to be treated to pin point bleeding using a diamond headed burr. Some clinics use the CO2 ablative laser, some use Dermaroller. Either one of these methods are currently being used.

With regards to it working only on some ice pick scars it is essential that each case is assessed by the Surgeon. We have declined 8 cases in the last four weeks as they are not suitable for ReCell.

ReCell reintroduces the pigment back onto the skin so the "donor site" has to be near to the area that is to be treated, for the face, the skin sample is taken from behind the ear.

Borec - thank you for your information and it is great to hear about your ReCell experience. How was your post procedure pain? I had none what so ever which astounded me, and pleased me at the same time. With regards to cost, it does differ from clinic to clinic in the UK. I would recommend that, if you do decide to proceed, to look at the surgeon including the number of ReCell procedures they have done and for what conditions.

#46 Lapis lazuli

Lapis lazuli

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:12 AM

edit: nevermind

Edited by Lapis lazuli, 24 July 2012 - 09:13 AM.

#47 no_hope

no_hope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:52 PM

Good afternoon

With regards to the actual treatment we debrade the area to be treated to pin point bleeding using a diamond headed burr. Some clinics use the CO2 ablative laser, some use Dermaroller. Either one of these methods are currently being used.

With regards to it working only on some ice pick scars it is essential that each case is assessed by the Surgeon. We have declined 8 cases in the last four weeks as they are not suitable for ReCell.

ReCell reintroduces the pigment back onto the skin so the "donor site" has to be near to the area that is to be treated, for the face, the skin sample is taken from behind the ear.

Borec - thank you for your information and it is great to hear about your ReCell experience. How was your post procedure pain? I had none what so ever which astounded me, and pleased me at the same time. With regards to cost, it does differ from clinic to clinic in the UK. I would recommend that, if you do decide to proceed, to look at the surgeon including the number of ReCell procedures they have done and for what conditions.

why were 8 cases declined? i thought recell could treat all types of scarring.... i have ice pick and boxscars on both my cheeks. would i be a candidate for the recell procedure?

#48 Syn1122

Syn1122

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:..

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:08 PM

Posted Image

#49 CherrySoda08

CherrySoda08

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 19
About Me

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:43 PM

Good afternoon

Hi there,

Why were 8 cases of icepick scarring declined? What about these cases made them unsuitable for ReCell?

And, how do you know that ReCell will be approved in the first quarter of 2013?

Thanks so much,

Cherry

#50 *Inspired*

*Inspired*

Formerly "TokyoGirl"

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:22 PM

I don't think it will be approved by the first quarter of 2013. They will probably complete trials by the first quarter of 2013.
http://biotuesdays.c...unds-and-scars/

#51 no_hope

no_hope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:18 PM

for people who are impatient and have time and money they should just go directly to europe. by the time recell is approved in america who knows what will happen by then.

#52 CherrySoda08

CherrySoda08

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 19
About Me

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

I don't think it will be approved by the first quarter of 2013. They will probably complete trials by the first quarter of 2013.
http://biotuesdays.c...unds-and-scars/

That's kind of what I was thinking, TokyoGirl, based on what I have read about the current state of the FDA clinical trials for ReCell. I am not really sure how it would even be possible for ReCell to be used in the first quarter of 2013. That just seems so soon!

You are really good at doing your research, I have noticed. Posted Image

Edited by CherrySoda08, 24 July 2012 - 06:57 PM.

#53 gbl

gbl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:02 AM

Hi 'recell' / skin FX

I had my recell done by sculpta, just on the same street as you.

I saw jeremy rawlins at skin fx couple of months ago to see if he would recommend a second attempt at recell ...(wanted a 2nd opinion)

Ive heard he's gone back to australia now is that correct? if so who is doing recell at skin FX?

ive had a good result from recell in terms of my scar becoming much shallower and narrower, but over time the return of pigment is not as good first seemed. Im one year past procedure now.

have you any data on recell repeated twice?

#54 recell

recell

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:48 AM

Good afternoon GBL

The cases were declined as they were not ideal candidates and the surgeons felt that the results would not meet the patients' expectations. It is very important to inform patients of the expected results as well as looking at their expectations. There are also contraindications such as existing medical conditions which means that patient cannot have ReCell.

To date I have not heard of ReCell being done twice for Acne Scarring as it is a one time only treatment

You are more than welcome to meet with me as I would like to assess your skin. If you would like to do this then please let me know.

Please feel free to visit the website and e-mail me via the website

Jeremy Rawlins still works with SkinFX and he will be here again in September and then again in November and he has committed to working with us once a quarter. I have worked with jeremy for the past two years and he did my ReCell procedure. I am finding with my ReCell that my skin is continuing to improve month on month and I had mine in May last year.

Regarding FDA approval I have been informed that it should be no later than the second quarter of 2013.

#55 Borec

Borec

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:57 AM

Its great that youre honest with patients about expectations, as jeremy and dr maini were with me.
It would be great if you or your patients could post pre/post photos on here.. That would help people better understand the procedure and expected outcomes as there isnt really any proof out there other than me,gbl and the avita case studies, which by the way i fully believe in and think have not been photoshopped/doctored. Based on my own experiences :)
No doctors that i contacted could show me photos so i went in blind so before this procedure becomes accepted i think people want and need to see more results
Just trying to help :D

#56 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

thanks for emailing me those pics really are amazing that one dood post's on here there using him in the advertisments ...what was his name ? his face looks great now!

#57 gbl

gbl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:06 AM

Good afternoon GBL

The cases were declined as they were not ideal candidates and the surgeons felt that the results would not meet the patients' expectations. It is very important to inform patients of the expected results as well as looking at their expectations. There are also contraindications such as existing medical conditions which means that patient cannot have ReCell.

To date I have not heard of ReCell being done twice for Acne Scarring as it is a one time only treatment

You are more than welcome to meet with me as I would like to assess your skin. If you would like to do this then please let me know.

Please feel free to visit the website and e-mail me via the website

Jeremy Rawlins still works with SkinFX and he will be here again in September and then again in November and he has committed to working with us once a quarter. I have worked with jeremy for the past two years and he did my ReCell procedure. I am finding with my ReCell that my skin is continuing to improve month on month and I had mine in May last year.

Regarding FDA approval I have been informed that it should be no later than the second quarter of 2013.

is there a consult for seeing you, as i already paid a consult fee to see jeremy!

#58 recell

recell

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:56 AM

Good morning

There is no consult fee to see me as I am here to educate, advise and support so please do call or mail me as I am more than happy to meet with you.

When I meet/advise patients I do encourage them to post about their experience having ReCell. I will let you all know when my next patient has agreed to write about their experience.

The pictures I sent out is a current patient of Mr Rawlins but I am not allowed to give out his name under data protection laws! Whenever we use pictures of our patients they sign a dedicated disclaimer giving permission for us to use their pictures.

I hope that you all have a wonderful day.

#59 Borec

Borec

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:10 AM

Definately worth a listen. interview with Rajiv Sood

http://soundmedicine...ts/051312_1.mp3

#60 sousou_bella

sousou_bella

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:44 AM

hi guys,

i just wanted to let you know about my recent purchase. I bought this product called stem c'rum by dermaheal. It was super-expensive ($500) but when I think about the thousands of dollars I've already spent on other kind of treatments, it doesn't seem like a lot. It came with 6 vials and you are supposed to either perform dermabrasion, laser resurfacing or needling before applying the product to your skin. I've already done one treatment and can notice a significant difference. I would say about a 60% improvement. What I did was use these microdermabrasion pads that I bought on ebay a while back and scrubbed pretty aggressively over my two scars. FYI, they are actually surgical scars that have been extremely hard to treat (lasers/dermabrasion/needling) and if this works on my scars then I figure they've got to help those with acne scars. After I did that, I used my dermastamp to poke tons of holes into the scars as well. Needless to say I was pretty aggressive and the whole area is bright pink right now. I'm not too worried about the pigmentation coming back because it always does and mind you, I have dark skin. I was very aggressive because I wanted to make sure that the stem c'rum would reach the deep dermal layers. The scabs fell off much faster than usual as well. When I usually perform dermabrasion or needling on my scars, the scabs take at least 5 or 6 days to fall off but this time, I performed the dermabrasion and needling and used the stem c'rum on a Wednesday night and the scabs fell off on saturday morning which I felt was very promising from the start. Anyway, I'm not on here often but I just wanted to share my good news with you all because I know a lot of people find something that works for them and then they don't come back to tell us. If you have any questions, I'll try to come back and check often and to answer any that you might have. I can honestly say that I think that the stem C'rum might be the answer I was looking for all these years. I am so shocked by how well and how fast it is working. fyi, i purchased it on the dermaheal website and it is not the "SR" version but the regular stem c'rum. take care everyone

sou

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users