118 replies to this topic

#21 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:59 PM

ive never seen dermabrasion give results like that and i've been visiting here for yeARs!!!

#22 DRaGZ

DRaGZ

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:56 PM

There haven't been many dermabrasion results on this website, period.

Dermabrasion is very effective if you manage to avoid complications during the procedure (which requires an extremely good practitioner which is becoming increasingly rare) and have excellent aftercare (which requires a massive amount of vigilance), and you CAN get results like in those pictures, especially if it's 10 or so years later.

Again, the efficacy of Recell is still in questions. We don't know very much about stem cells in the first place, let alone their ability to reconstruct scars that the body already believes is healed. There's a reason scar treatment has always been such tricky business.

#23 tricia

tricia

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:36 PM

I guess if recell only did allow for faster healing after dermabrasion, that in itself would lead to a whole lot less complications, as prolonged healing will cause more scars. Maybe we do need a lot more unbiased reviews on here, hopefully we will get that as it becomes more widely available.

#24 recell

recell

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:35 AM

Good morning

No I don't work for Avita Medical!

I work with SkinFX and I have had ReCell myself last May using a SmartXide CO2 laser. At SkinFX we use a diamond headed burr which then totally debrades the area to pin point bleeding. This is done using both topical and local anesthesia with minimal discomfort. Prior to the debrading a small skin sample is taken from behind the ear ( for face only ), this sample is then made into your very own spray on skin which is applied to the debraded area then primary and secondary dressings are applied. the secondary dressing is removed after two days and the primary dressing is removed on day five. There is no post procedure pain and the aftercare is to keep the skin moisturized and to use 50spf sunblock and to keep out of direct sunlight.

The cost of ReCell may seem expensive but it is a once only treatment and is performed by Consultant Plastic Surgeons including theater assistants. The cost should include consultation, treatment, dressings, aftercare products, follow ups and aftercare.

ReCell is currently going through FDA approval in America and should be approved by the first quarter of 2013

Also, I am not spamming I am informing and educating people as ReCell does improve scars, burns, non active vitiligo, self harm scars, hypertrophic scars and is also being used in vascular cases and I believe that it is the next revolution in skin regeneration!

#25 Lapis lazuli

Lapis lazuli

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:03 AM

Good morning

I work with SkinFX and I have had ReCell myself last May using a SmartXide CO2 laser. At SkinFX we use a diamond headed burr which then totally debrades the area to pin point bleeding. This is done using both topical and local anesthesia with minimal discomfort. Prior to the debrading a small skin sample is taken from behind the ear ( for face only ), this sample is then made into your very own spray on skin which is applied to the debraded area then primary and secondary dressings are applied. the secondary dressing is removed after two days and the primary dressing is removed on day five. There is no post procedure pain and the aftercare is to keep the skin moisturized and to use 50spf sunblock and to keep out of direct sunlight.

The cost of ReCell may seem expensive but it is a once only treatment and is performed by Consultant Plastic Surgeons including theater assistants. The cost should include consultation, treatment, dressings, aftercare products, follow ups and aftercare.

ReCell is currently going through FDA approval in America and should be approved by the first quarter of 2013

Also, I am not spamming I am informing and educating people as ReCell does improve scars, burns, non active vitiligo, self harm scars, hypertrophic scars and is also being used in vascular cases and I believe that it is the next revolution in skin regeneration!

Sorry but I have a hard time believing it will be effective to a point that it can be called a "revolution". Improvement is wonderful but I spoke to someone once when I got lasered and he said that certain types of lasers e.g. only give you a 1% to 3% improvement which isn't worth the trouble and he therefore didn't offer that to his patients.

You can say that something "improves" something but can it improve something to the point where someone can finally let it go mentally as their skin has been given an appearance that can be described as normal?

Can you say it improves people's scarring to a point where it's worth spending a rediculous amount of money on?

You say "Yeah it's a lot of money but e.g. the price includes the dressings.". Since when are dressings that expensive? You mention dressings as if they are a considerable part of the price else I assume you wouldn't have.

How on Earth do all the things you mention add up to a price of no less than 2500 Pounds? E.g. what are you charging for a consultation?

Also the fact that it is a once only thing (which may or may not end up having been worth the money, time and recovery period) doesn't make it any less expensive...

Edited by Lapis lazuli, 18 July 2012 - 05:08 AM.

#26 tricia

tricia

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:09 AM

The cost might be prohibitive, but you are paying for the technology, they are taking skin from behind your ear and creating a type of spray on skin. Besides Laviv, which does this with fibroblasts, which I guess is different, they don't have a lot of competition in that area. It would be sad if after paying all that money you only have a small percentage in improvement in your scars, but that is the gamble with all these treatments.

#27 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:04 AM

Good morning

hey do you have any before after pics of you?

#28 Lapis lazuli

Lapis lazuli

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:06 AM

The cost might be prohibitive, but you are paying for the technology, they are taking skin from behind your ear and creating a type of spray on skin. Besides Laviv, which does this with fibroblasts, which I guess is different, they don't have a lot of competition in that area. It would be sad if after paying all that money you only have a small percentage in improvement in your scars, but that is the gamble with all these treatments.

How is them not having any competition a good reason for them to charge rediculous amounts of money? Just because they can get away with something doesn't mean they should do it.

I hope it helps people but the fact that people have to pay this much, I just don't feel good about.

#29 LZOMG

LZOMG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:16 AM

How is them not having any competition a good reason for them to charge rediculous amounts of money? Just because they can get away with something doesn't mean they should do it.

I hope it helps people but the fact that people have to pay this much, I just don't feel good about.

simple its the latest and greatest and the results look amazing for burn victims. Obvious there needs to be more studies on the effectiveness of ReCell for acne scarring but later on that.
Besides it helps your appearance, people would pay tons to have normal looking skin again, so the demand is quiet high for products like the ReCell
Vote For Obama 2012 to make Health Care available to all even those with pre-existing conditions like acne. Help future teens who have no access to health care battle there acne by electing the man who will support the Affordable Health Care Act better known as Obamacare.
And dont let Romney Win, he will do everything to repeal ObamaCare. More info on link below
http://www.acne.org/...vote-for-obama/

#30 Lapis lazuli

Lapis lazuli

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:19 AM

simple its the latest and greatest and the results look amazing for burn victims. Obvious there needs to be more studies on the effectiveness of ReCell for acne scarring but later on that.
Besides it helps your appearance, people would pay tons to have normal looking skin again, so the demand is quiet high for products like the ReCell

Do you have any links to results obtained when it comes to burn victims?

#31 Lapis lazuli

Lapis lazuli

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:35 AM

Nevermind I saw a photo on Google just now.

That photo promises nothing less than something which indeed can be called a miracle cure. I say pics or it didn't happen. ;)

#32 tricia

tricia

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:45 AM

I think recell must have some validity because the US department of defense is looking into this for it's wounded soldiers. There are real clinical trials and real results have been shown. Acne scars are so complex it may be hard to run a trial on them. Burn scars may be all they will actually do trials on. Obviously it will give some improvement, from those that have had it and posted here, but I'm not sure if it will be a miracle cure. Ernesto, gbl and Borec liked it. Although, they probably will always see traces of scars.

#33 LZOMG

LZOMG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:45 PM

Nevermind I saw a photo on Google just now.

That photo promises nothing less than something which indeed can be called a miracle cure. I say pics or it didn't happen. Posted Image

http://www.wallstreetdaily.com/wallstreet-research/charts/0312-ReCell.png

Its being endorsed by Doctors, the military, and the physiology behind the recell treatment by using your own stem cells to create new health skins on damaged area does not sound very far fetched pseudo science.
Vote For Obama 2012 to make Health Care available to all even those with pre-existing conditions like acne. Help future teens who have no access to health care battle there acne by electing the man who will support the Affordable Health Care Act better known as Obamacare.
And dont let Romney Win, he will do everything to repeal ObamaCare. More info on link below
http://www.acne.org/...vote-for-obama/

#34 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:20 PM

I think for acne scars instead of going through 4-5 rounds of Fraxel repair, 2 rounds of recell treatment will get ur skin close to 100%. Once it gets approved next year in US cost will come down significantly.

#35 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

really do hope it helps those burn victims to i can't imagine going through what they do

#36 CherrySoda08

CherrySoda08

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 19
About Me

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:26 PM

Hi there,

How do you know that ReCell should be approved by the first quarter of 2013?

Thanks,

Cherry

#37 Lapis lazuli

Lapis lazuli

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:48 AM

Its being endorsed by Doctors, the military, and the physiology behind the recell treatment by using your own stem cells to create new health skins on damaged area does not sound very far fetched pseudo science.

I'm curious to find out how that works. And this "new skin"... What is defined as such? I mean how literally should that be taken. They mention "improvement" not a reversal of the damage done. But I'm sort of thinking out loud here. I'll look into it a bit more.

#38 DRaGZ

DRaGZ

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

Here's the thing. Which doctors? Are they doctors being paid by Recell to do research on it, or are they independent researchers? And I don't trust the military on a lot of things. This is the same military bureaucracy that gave its soldiers faulty body armor and plastic butts on their rifles just because they couldn't get out of military contracts, I wouldn't trust that bureaucracy to handle my taxes.

#39 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:49 PM

i'm really exited about this

#40 no_hope

no_hope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:33 PM

ReCell Spray on Skin is a revolutionary treatment solution for scarring on both the face and body.

Ice Pick Scars

Acne Scars

Post surgery scars

Hypertrophic Scars

Self Harm Scars

Keloid Scars

ReCell is currently going through FDA approval and was pioneered for burns victims of the Bali Bombings. It is now available across the UK, Europe & The Middle East and has been used for Acne Scarring for over two years with fantastic results.

www.skinnet.info

There are a total of 8 clinics in the UK offering ReCell.

is there evidence this works on deep acne scarring? explain how recell would treat scars with tissue loss.
i am willing to travel to the UK from Canada and spend any amount i need if this acutally works. hopefully my prayers have been answered..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users