Recell Spray On Skin For All Scars

154 posts in this topic

The cost might be prohibitive, but you are paying for the technology, they are taking skin from behind your ear and creating a type of spray on skin. Besides Laviv, which does this with fibroblasts, which I guess is different, they don't have a lot of competition in that area. It would be sad if after paying all that money you only have a small percentage in improvement in your scars, but that is the gamble with all these treatments.

Good morning

No I don't work for Avita Medical!

I work with SkinFX and I have had ReCell myself last May using a SmartXide CO2 laser. At SkinFX we use a diamond headed burr which then totally debrades the area to pin point bleeding. This is done using both topical and local anesthesia with minimal discomfort. Prior to the debrading a small skin sample is taken from behind the ear ( for face only ), this sample is then made into your very own spray on skin which is applied to the debraded area then primary and secondary dressings are applied. the secondary dressing is removed after two days and the primary dressing is removed on day five. There is no post procedure pain and the aftercare is to keep the skin moisturized and to use 50spf sunblock and to keep out of direct sunlight.

The cost of ReCell may seem expensive but it is a once only treatment and is performed by Consultant Plastic Surgeons including theater assistants. The cost should include consultation, treatment, dressings, aftercare products, follow ups and aftercare.

ReCell is currently going through FDA approval in America and should be approved by the first quarter of 2013

Also, I am not spamming I am informing and educating people as ReCell does improve scars, burns, non active vitiligo, self harm scars, hypertrophic scars and is also being used in vascular cases and I believe that it is the next revolution in skin regeneration!

hey do you have any before after pics of you?
1 person likes this

The cost might be prohibitive, but you are paying for the technology, they are taking skin from behind your ear and creating a type of spray on skin. Besides Laviv, which does this with fibroblasts, which I guess is different, they don't have a lot of competition in that area. It would be sad if after paying all that money you only have a small percentage in improvement in your scars, but that is the gamble with all these treatments.

How is them not having any competition a good reason for them to charge rediculous amounts of money? Just because they can get away with something doesn't mean they should do it.

I hope it helps people but the fact that people have to pay this much, I just don't feel good about.

How is them not having any competition a good reason for them to charge rediculous amounts of money? Just because they can get away with something doesn't mean they should do it.

I hope it helps people but the fact that people have to pay this much, I just don't feel good about.

simple its the latest and greatest and the results look amazing for burn victims. Obvious there needs to be more studies on the effectiveness of ReCell for acne scarring but later on that.

Besides it helps your appearance, people would pay tons to have normal looking skin again, so the demand is quiet high for products like the ReCell

Vote For Obama 2012 to make Health Care available to all even those with pre-existing conditions like acne. Help future teens who have no access to health care battle there acne by electing the man who will support the Affordable Health Care Act better known as Obamacare.

And dont let Romney Win, he will do everything to repeal ObamaCare. More info on link below

http://www.acne.org/...vote-for-obama/

simple its the latest and greatest and the results look amazing for burn victims. Obvious there needs to be more studies on the effectiveness of ReCell for acne scarring but later on that.

Besides it helps your appearance, people would pay tons to have normal looking skin again, so the demand is quiet high for products like the ReCell

Do you have any links to results obtained when it comes to burn victims?

Nevermind I saw a photo on Google just now.

That photo promises nothing less than something which indeed can be called a miracle cure. I say pics or it didn't happen. ;)

1 person likes this

I think recell must have some validity because the US department of defense is looking into this for it's wounded soldiers. There are real clinical trials and real results have been shown. Acne scars are so complex it may be hard to run a trial on them. Burn scars may be all they will actually do trials on. Obviously it will give some improvement, from those that have had it and posted here, but I'm not sure if it will be a miracle cure. Ernesto, gbl and Borec liked it. Although, they probably will always see traces of scars.

3 people like this

Nevermind I saw a photo on Google just now.

That photo promises nothing less than something which indeed can be called a miracle cure. I say pics or it didn't happen. wink.png

http://www.wallstreetdaily.com/wallstreet-research/charts/0312-ReCell.png

Its being endorsed by Doctors, the military, and the physiology behind the recell treatment by using your own stem cells to create new health skins on damaged area does not sound very far fetched pseudo science.

Vote For Obama 2012 to make Health Care available to all even those with pre-existing conditions like acne. Help future teens who have no access to health care battle there acne by electing the man who will support the Affordable Health Care Act better known as Obamacare.

And dont let Romney Win, he will do everything to repeal ObamaCare. More info on link below

http://www.acne.org/...vote-for-obama/

I think for acne scars instead of going through 4-5 rounds of Fraxel repair, 2 rounds of recell treatment will get ur skin close to 100%. Once it gets approved next year in US cost will come down significantly.

1 person likes this

really do hope it helps those burn victims to i can't imagine going through what they do

2 people like this

ReCell is currently going through FDA approval in America and should be approved by the first quarter of 2013

Hi there,

How do you know that ReCell should be approved by the first quarter of 2013?

Thanks,

Cherry

1 person likes this

Its being endorsed by Doctors, the military, and the physiology behind the recell treatment by using your own stem cells to create new health skins on damaged area does not sound very far fetched pseudo science.

I'm curious to find out how that works. And this "new skin"... What is defined as such? I mean how literally should that be taken. They mention "improvement" not a reversal of the damage done. But I'm sort of thinking out loud here. I'll look into it a bit more.

Here's the thing. Which doctors? Are they doctors being paid by Recell to do research on it, or are they independent researchers? And I don't trust the military on a lot of things. This is the same military bureaucracy that gave its soldiers faulty body armor and plastic butts on their rifles just because they couldn't get out of military contracts, I wouldn't trust that bureaucracy to handle my taxes.

ReCell Spray on Skin is a revolutionary treatment solution for scarring on both the face and body.

Ice Pick Scars

Acne Scars

Post surgery scars

Hypertrophic Scars

Self Harm Scars

Keloid Scars

ReCell is currently going through FDA approval and was pioneered for burns victims of the Bali Bombings. It is now available across the UK, Europe & The Middle East and has been used for Acne Scarring for over two years with fantastic results.

www.skinnet.info

There are a total of 8 clinics in the UK offering ReCell.

is there evidence this works on deep acne scarring? explain how recell would treat scars with tissue loss.

i am willing to travel to the UK from Canada and spend any amount i need if this acutally works. hopefully my prayers have been answered..

1 person likes this

Good morning

Yes there is evidence that ReCell improves ice pick acne scarring. It works by the area being debraded using a diamond headed burr to removes layers of the skin. A small skin sample is taken from behind the ear which is then made into your spray on skin. Once applied dressings are worn for five days. As it is your own cells they multiply in their millions encouraging faster healing as well as giving an improved, smoother textured skin which continues to improve month on month. It does take a good three months for everything to settle down and it can be quite pink over the next 1 - 4 weeks.

I hope that this helps?

1 person likes this

From my understanding Recell is primarily an epidermal (and maybe top of dermis?) treatment, but it has "growth factors".

As an example, if one has an open wound,i.e burn or ulcer then typically the wound heals from the outside --> in.

Keratinocytes detect that a neighbouring cell is not present and they copy themselves until they find a neighbour aka when the wound is closed.

Recell allows keratinocytes, lagerhans, melanocytes and stem cells to be evenly sprayed over the open wound surface so that healing happens "everywhere", not only from the outside. it is the opinion of most i beleive that the faster the healing time the less likely that scarring will occur. I linked an interview with Fiona Wood in another thread. I cant remember exactly but i think from memory she said that if the wound closes/heals within 7 days then the chances of no scarring are something like 80%, however if it takes more than 20 days its the opposite, something like 80% chance of scarring. So she is an advocate for early intervention. Obviously this is for burns.

Furthermore, recell contains these growth factors that they dont fully understand yet. Potentially its these growth factors that help with acne scarring (over and above the results from dermabrasion/laser etc.) as scarring is in the dermis. Maybe its the stem cells or maybe its a reaction in the body.

With me, as Ive stated in my blog, my skin texture, fine scarring, fine wrinkles, sun damage,pigmentation and over glow is a huuuge improvement over what it was like before. The deeper depressed scars that i have is greatly smoothed out but its hard to guage whether recell did it, dermabrasion, or both.

In my opinion its both. dermbrasion smoothed everything out and recell ensured that I had an extremely fast recovery (seriously fast) while giving me these growth factors.

Also with me its interesting that the filler (Juvaderm) is still there after 18+months. Its slowly disappearing hence the reason its hard to comment with 100% certainty. I think with most things recell will work for some and maybe not for others but I as always its not a 100% miracle cure...yet :D. The more patients that undergo treatment the more theyll understand it and improve. I do beleive that they are working on further advancements, so recell v2 could be around the corner at some point.

After FDA approval I think there will be a huge push from the cosmetics industry and our questions can then be better answered, backed up with solid proof.

By the way the FDA is not only reviewing recell for burns but also for scars.

As for costs. The costs are mainly from the procedure and recell adds another 800-1000?? to it.

I would not have any ablative procedure without it. Its a must for me.

1 person likes this

Good morning

Yes there is evidence that ReCell improves ice pick acne scarring. It works by the area being debraded using a diamond headed burr to removes layers of the skin. A small skin sample is taken from behind the ear which is then made into your spray on skin. Once applied dressings are worn for five days. As it is your own cells they multiply in their millions encouraging faster healing as well as giving an improved, smoother textured skin which continues to improve month on month. It does take a good three months for everything to settle down and it can be quite pink over the next 1 - 4 weeks.

I hope that this helps?

It helps but you haven't answered all my questions so either 1) you didn't think they were all worth answering for some reason or 2) you think I'm a so-called "troll" (which I'm not) or 3) you didn't read them in the first place or 4) you're evasive.

Edited by Lapis lazuli

Good morning

I hope that this helps?

on the web site it states it works for SOME ice pick scarring. this means it doesnt work for all types of ice picks correct? is dermabrassion and co2 the only ablative treatments used with recelll or are there other ablative treatments that can be used with recell? does recelll restore the melanin back in the skin as normal as it was before? when will recell be available in canada? or will i have to wait until its available in the states to get it.

Good afternoon

With regards to the actual treatment we debrade the area to be treated to pin point bleeding using a diamond headed burr. Some clinics use the CO2 ablative laser, some use Dermaroller. Either one of these methods are currently being used.

With regards to it working only on some ice pick scars it is essential that each case is assessed by the Surgeon. We have declined 8 cases in the last four weeks as they are not suitable for ReCell.

ReCell reintroduces the pigment back onto the skin so the "donor site" has to be near to the area that is to be treated, for the face, the skin sample is taken from behind the ear.

Borec - thank you for your information and it is great to hear about your ReCell experience. How was your post procedure pain? I had none what so ever which astounded me, and pleased me at the same time. With regards to cost, it does differ from clinic to clinic in the UK. I would recommend that, if you do decide to proceed, to look at the surgeon including the number of ReCell procedures they have done and for what conditions.

edit: nevermind

Edited by Lapis lazuli

Good afternoon

With regards to the actual treatment we debrade the area to be treated to pin point bleeding using a diamond headed burr. Some clinics use the CO2 ablative laser, some use Dermaroller. Either one of these methods are currently being used.

With regards to it working only on some ice pick scars it is essential that each case is assessed by the Surgeon. We have declined 8 cases in the last four weeks as they are not suitable for ReCell.

ReCell reintroduces the pigment back onto the skin so the "donor site" has to be near to the area that is to be treated, for the face, the skin sample is taken from behind the ear.

Borec - thank you for your information and it is great to hear about your ReCell experience. How was your post procedure pain? I had none what so ever which astounded me, and pleased me at the same time. With regards to cost, it does differ from clinic to clinic in the UK. I would recommend that, if you do decide to proceed, to look at the surgeon including the number of ReCell procedures they have done and for what conditions.

why were 8 cases declined? i thought recell could treat all types of scarring.... i have ice pick and boxscars on both my cheeks. would i be a candidate for the recell procedure?

Good afternoon

Hi there,

Why were 8 cases of icepick scarring declined? What about these cases made them unsuitable for ReCell?

And, how do you know that ReCell will be approved in the first quarter of 2013?

Thanks so much,

Cherry