ice pick keloid hypertrophic

118 replies to this topic

#1 recell

recell

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:20 AM

ReCell Spray on Skin is a revolutionary treatment solution for scarring on both the face and body.

Ice Pick Scars

Acne Scars

Post surgery scars

Hypertrophic Scars

Self Harm Scars

Keloid Scars

ReCell is currently going through FDA approval and was pioneered for burns victims of the Bali Bombings. It is now available across the UK, Europe & The Middle East and has been used for Acne Scarring for over two years with fantastic results.

www.skinnet.info

There are a total of 8 clinics in the UK offering ReCell.

#2 LZOMG

LZOMG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

do you have any coupons, i herd this treatment can literally cost an arm and a leg.
Vote For Obama 2012 to make Health Care available to all even those with pre-existing conditions like acne. Help future teens who have no access to health care battle there acne by electing the man who will support the Affordable Health Care Act better known as Obamacare.
And dont let Romney Win, he will do everything to repeal ObamaCare. More info on link below
http://www.acne.org/...vote-for-obama/

#3 recell

recell

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:22 AM

ReCell in the UK starts from £ 2,500 dependent on the scar and area to be treated. In America I do not know the cost as it is going through FDA approval I would guess it will be around the $ 5,000 mark. Only ONE treatment is needed. We are finding that patients are having ReCell once they have tried every other treatment, medication, skincare etc.

#4 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

When do u expect it to be available in the US? Also can u please provide the names of the 8 clinics in the UK?

#5 tricia

tricia

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

I'm looking forward to this coming out in the US, maybe I should start saving my pennies now. If there is a clinical trial for acne scars, someone post as I have only seen the skin graft scars. Any pics of acne scar improvements would be great.

#6 Lapis lazuli

Lapis lazuli

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:07 AM

ReCell in the UK starts from £ 2,500 dependent on the scar and area to be treated. In America I do not know the cost as it is going through FDA approval I would guess it will be around the $ 5,000 mark. Only ONE treatment is needed. We are finding that patients are having ReCell once they have tried every other treatment, medication, skincare etc.

Don't you think that's kind of expensive? Why is it that expensive? People are suffering because of something, they are looking for something that will help them, and then they're charged 2500 Pounds? Why? Why is Recell that expensive? Let me know, would you?

#7 tricia

tricia

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

It includes dermabrasion, and dermabrasion can cost at least $3000 here I've heard. I wonder if there is anathesia care with that, or hospital care. Also, if someone has scars deeper than what dermabrasion can penetrate, this will not be a one time procedure and cure all. Dermabrasion will not go as deep as fraxel re:pair and everyone says you need multiple treatments with that. Unless I am wrong and they are doing a deeper dermabrasion than what is usual in the US.

#8 LZOMG

LZOMG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:58 PM

I am also looking very forward for the Avita ReCell to make its debut in the States, and if this procedure really matches the hype I would gladly spend $5000 +.

Do you have any before and after picture gallary for acne scars? I saw the picture of the darker skin individual but a few more pictures would be really appreciated and the best part about releasing pictures is that people would be much more willing to use this treatment.

Also what are your thoughts on the effectiveness of combining ReCell with a laser like the Fraxel Repair?

P.S. do you work for Avita ReCell in any way?
Vote For Obama 2012 to make Health Care available to all even those with pre-existing conditions like acne. Help future teens who have no access to health care battle there acne by electing the man who will support the Affordable Health Care Act better known as Obamacare.
And dont let Romney Win, he will do everything to repeal ObamaCare. More info on link below
http://www.acne.org/...vote-for-obama/

#9 Lapis lazuli

Lapis lazuli

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:08 PM

Posted Image

I'm gonna be frank and say that the first photo clearly shows a child and the third is clearly an adult...yet it is claimed this is the same person?

#10 KATE75

KATE75

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:30 PM

Yes, I think we can conclude the OP is definitely a shill. One thing I cannot stand is people taking advantage of the misery acne scars can cause people like us.

My Regimen

Morning & Evening

Wash my face with "Simple Refreshing Facial Wash Gel"

Apply 1 pump of Dan's BP to my chin area

Moisturise using "Eucerin Replenishing Face Cream"

Diet

No dairy products

Eat plenty of fresh vegetables (especially leafy, dark greens)

2 litres of water per day.

#11 Borec

Borec

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:34 PM

Read the case study notes.The after photos are a decade later.
I had the same concern when i first saw those photos.

#12 Lapis lazuli

Lapis lazuli

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:46 PM

Read the case study notes.The after photos are a decade later.
I had the same concern when i first saw those photos.

That's odd as on AvitaMedical it says that they are six months apart (some of the photos on their site can be disturbing to some. I just thought I'd mention that)

http://www.avitamedi...x.php?ob=1&id=8

She sure aged fast if that's true. lol

#13 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

what did they do to her skin before they applied recell take a grinder to it?

#14 Borec

Borec

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:51 PM

Old injury before recell was available probably.

http://www.avitamedi...php?ob=3&id=126

Recell Is working(present tense as still a way to go) for me anyway but imho the OP should get their patients posting their experiences in here. At the mo it looks like me and gbl (and maybe ernesto)are the only ones in the world who has had it not 5000+ like there has actually been. But take heed, these forum users are Not gullable.

#15 Lapis lazuli

Lapis lazuli

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:01 PM

http://www.avitamedi...php?ob=3&id=126

Recell Is working(present tense as still a way to go) for me anyway but imho the OP should get their patients posting their experiences in here. At the mo it looks like me and gbl (and maybe ernesto)are the only ones in the world who has had it not 5000+ like there has actually been. But take heed, these forum users are Not gullable.

They should add that info to their site then as now people will understandibly start doubting their sincerity.

#16 Borec

Borec

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:06 PM

Agree. Maybe its the wording, i.e the after photo is 6months after the dermabrasion and recell operation NOT after photo exhibit A.

http://www.avitamedi...ob=3&id=126

They should add that info to their site then as now people will understandibly start doubting their sincerity.

#17 Lapis lazuli

Lapis lazuli

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:16 PM

I still think it's odd that they even have that "before" picture though. Why would people back when she got wounded make a picture that just happens to be taken in such a similar way as the "after" shot? I can't think of any reason, really.

Anyway, I'm glad Recell seems to be working for you.

#18 DRaGZ

DRaGZ

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:25 PM

I've been keeping up a lot with Recell and similar stem cell-based treatments for acne scars.

Basically, as far as I can tell, it SPEEDS UP healing, but there is no evidence to suggest that it actually improves the quality of that healing.

Of course, the problem with quantifying the quality of healing is that 1. quaity is subjective and 2. it's very, very difficult to have comparative studies since scars are pretty much never the same on a person.

That being said, it certainly can't hurt, if you're really jonesing for faster recovery so you can do more treatments in shorter amounts of time. But the bulk of the actual scar improvement (or all of it, really) seems to be done by the treatments they do before application (dermabrasion, CO2 full resurfacing laser, fractional ablative lasers, etc).

Edited by DRaGZ, 17 July 2012 - 03:26 PM.

#19 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:32 PM

if those other photos are real then it does more then speeds up healing it gives u a new coat of skin!!

#20 DRaGZ

DRaGZ

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:11 PM

if those other photos are real then it does more then speeds up healing it gives u a new coat of skin!!

Yes, but dermabrasion, in general, has given results like that before, so it's really hard to say if it's actually the Recell doing anything for the healing quailty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users