Recell Spray On Skin For All Scars

152 posts in this topic

ReCell Spray on Skin is a revolutionary treatment solution for scarring on both the face and body.

Ice Pick Scars

Acne Scars

Post surgery scars

Hypertrophic Scars

Self Harm Scars

Keloid Scars

ReCell is currently going through FDA approval and was pioneered for burns victims of the Bali Bombings. It is now available across the UK, Europe & The Middle East and has been used for Acne Scarring for over two years with fantastic results.

www.skinnet.info

There are a total of 8 clinics in the UK offering ReCell.

do you have any coupons, i herd this treatment can literally cost an arm and a leg.

Vote For Obama 2012 to make Health Care available to all even those with pre-existing conditions like acne. Help future teens who have no access to health care battle there acne by electing the man who will support the Affordable Health Care Act better known as Obamacare.

And dont let Romney Win, he will do everything to repeal ObamaCare. More info on link below

http://www.acne.org/...vote-for-obama/

ReCell in the UK starts from £ 2,500 dependent on the scar and area to be treated. In America I do not know the cost as it is going through FDA approval I would guess it will be around the $ 5,000 mark. Only ONE treatment is needed. We are finding that patients are having ReCell once they have tried every other treatment, medication, skincare etc.

When do u expect it to be available in the US? Also can u please provide the names of the 8 clinics in the UK?

I'm looking forward to this coming out in the US, maybe I should start saving my pennies now. If there is a clinical trial for acne scars, someone post as I have only seen the skin graft scars. Any pics of acne scar improvements would be great.

1 person likes this

ReCell in the UK starts from £ 2,500 dependent on the scar and area to be treated. In America I do not know the cost as it is going through FDA approval I would guess it will be around the $ 5,000 mark. Only ONE treatment is needed. We are finding that patients are having ReCell once they have tried every other treatment, medication, skincare etc.

Don't you think that's kind of expensive? Why is it that expensive? People are suffering because of something, they are looking for something that will help them, and then they're charged 2500 Pounds? Why? Why is Recell that expensive? Let me know, would you?

It includes dermabrasion, and dermabrasion can cost at least $3000 here I've heard. I wonder if there is anathesia care with that, or hospital care. Also, if someone has scars deeper than what dermabrasion can penetrate, this will not be a one time procedure and cure all. Dermabrasion will not go as deep as fraxel re:pair and everyone says you need multiple treatments with that. Unless I am wrong and they are doing a deeper dermabrasion than what is usual in the US.

1 person likes this

I am also looking very forward for the Avita ReCell to make its debut in the States, and if this procedure really matches the hype I would gladly spend $5000 +.

Do you have any before and after picture gallary for acne scars? I saw the picture of the darker skin individual but a few more pictures would be really appreciated and the best part about releasing pictures is that people would be much more willing to use this treatment.

Also what are your thoughts on the effectiveness of combining ReCell with a laser like the Fraxel Repair?

P.S. do you work for Avita ReCell in any way?

1 person likes this

Vote For Obama 2012 to make Health Care available to all even those with pre-existing conditions like acne. Help future teens who have no access to health care battle there acne by electing the man who will support the Affordable Health Care Act better known as Obamacare.

And dont let Romney Win, he will do everything to repeal ObamaCare. More info on link below

http://www.acne.org/...vote-for-obama/

Hyperpigmented-Skin-Graft-Scars.jpg

I'm gonna be frank and say that the first photo clearly shows a child and the third is clearly an adult...yet it is claimed this is the same person?

Yes, I think we can conclude the OP is definitely a shill. One thing I cannot stand is people taking advantage of the misery acne scars can cause people like us.

1 person likes this

My Regimen

Morning & Evening

Wash my face with "Simple Refreshing Facial Wash Gel"

Apply 1 pump of Dan's BP to my chin area

Moisturise using "Eucerin Replenishing Face Cream"

Diet

No dairy products

Read the case study notes.The after photos are a decade later.

I had the same concern when i first saw those photos.

Read the case study notes.The after photos are a decade later.

I had the same concern when i first saw those photos.

That's odd as on AvitaMedical it says that they are six months apart (some of the photos on their site can be disturbing to some. I just thought I'd mention that)

http://www.avitamedical.com/index.php?ob=1&id=8

She sure aged fast if that's true. lol

1 person likes this

what did they do to her skin before they applied recell take a grinder to it?

1 person likes this

Old injury before recell was available probably.

http://www.avitamedical.com/index.php?ob=3&id=126

Recell Is working(present tense as still a way to go) for me anyway but imho the OP should get their patients posting their experiences in here. At the mo it looks like me and gbl (and maybe ernesto)are the only ones in the world who has had it not 5000+ like there has actually been. But take heed, these forum users are Not gullable.

http://www.avitamedi...php?ob=3&id=126

Recell Is working(present tense as still a way to go) for me anyway but imho the OP should get their patients posting their experiences in here. At the mo it looks like me and gbl (and maybe ernesto)are the only ones in the world who has had it not 5000+ like there has actually been. But take heed, these forum users are Not gullable.

They should add that info to their site then as now people will understandibly start doubting their sincerity.

1 person likes this

Agree. Maybe its the wording, i.e the after photo is 6months after the dermabrasion and recell operation NOT after photo exhibit A.

http://www.avitamedi...php?ob=3&id=126

They should add that info to their site then as now people will understandibly start doubting their sincerity.

I still think it's odd that they even have that "before" picture though. Why would people back when she got wounded make a picture that just happens to be taken in such a similar way as the "after" shot? I can't think of any reason, really.

Anyway, I'm glad Recell seems to be working for you.

I've been keeping up a lot with Recell and similar stem cell-based treatments for acne scars.

Basically, as far as I can tell, it SPEEDS UP healing, but there is no evidence to suggest that it actually improves the quality of that healing.

Of course, the problem with quantifying the quality of healing is that 1. quaity is subjective and 2. it's very, very difficult to have comparative studies since scars are pretty much never the same on a person.

That being said, it certainly can't hurt, if you're really jonesing for faster recovery so you can do more treatments in shorter amounts of time. But the bulk of the actual scar improvement (or all of it, really) seems to be done by the treatments they do before application (dermabrasion, CO2 full resurfacing laser, fractional ablative lasers, etc).

Edited by DRaGZ
3 people like this

if those other photos are real then it does more then speeds up healing it gives u a new coat of skin!!

if those other photos are real then it does more then speeds up healing it gives u a new coat of skin!!

Yes, but dermabrasion, in general, has given results like that before, so it's really hard to say if it's actually the Recell doing anything for the healing quailty.

ive never seen dermabrasion give results like that and i've been visiting here for yeARs!!!

There haven't been many dermabrasion results on this website, period.

Dermabrasion is very effective if you manage to avoid complications during the procedure (which requires an extremely good practitioner which is becoming increasingly rare) and have excellent aftercare (which requires a massive amount of vigilance), and you CAN get results like in those pictures, especially if it's 10 or so years later.

Again, the efficacy of Recell is still in questions. We don't know very much about stem cells in the first place, let alone their ability to reconstruct scars that the body already believes is healed. There's a reason scar treatment has always been such tricky business.

1 person likes this

I guess if recell only did allow for faster healing after dermabrasion, that in itself would lead to a whole lot less complications, as prolonged healing will cause more scars. Maybe we do need a lot more unbiased reviews on here, hopefully we will get that as it becomes more widely available.

1 person likes this

Good morning

No I don't work for Avita Medical!

I work with SkinFX and I have had ReCell myself last May using a SmartXide CO2 laser. At SkinFX we use a diamond headed burr which then totally debrades the area to pin point bleeding. This is done using both topical and local anesthesia with minimal discomfort. Prior to the debrading a small skin sample is taken from behind the ear ( for face only ), this sample is then made into your very own spray on skin which is applied to the debraded area then primary and secondary dressings are applied. the secondary dressing is removed after two days and the primary dressing is removed on day five. There is no post procedure pain and the aftercare is to keep the skin moisturized and to use 50spf sunblock and to keep out of direct sunlight.

The cost of ReCell may seem expensive but it is a once only treatment and is performed by Consultant Plastic Surgeons including theater assistants. The cost should include consultation, treatment, dressings, aftercare products, follow ups and aftercare.

ReCell is currently going through FDA approval in America and should be approved by the first quarter of 2013

Also, I am not spamming I am informing and educating people as ReCell does improve scars, burns, non active vitiligo, self harm scars, hypertrophic scars and is also being used in vascular cases and I believe that it is the next revolution in skin regeneration!

Good morning

No I don't work for Avita Medical!

I work with SkinFX and I have had ReCell myself last May using a SmartXide CO2 laser. At SkinFX we use a diamond headed burr which then totally debrades the area to pin point bleeding. This is done using both topical and local anesthesia with minimal discomfort. Prior to the debrading a small skin sample is taken from behind the ear ( for face only ), this sample is then made into your very own spray on skin which is applied to the debraded area then primary and secondary dressings are applied. the secondary dressing is removed after two days and the primary dressing is removed on day five. There is no post procedure pain and the aftercare is to keep the skin moisturized and to use 50spf sunblock and to keep out of direct sunlight.

The cost of ReCell may seem expensive but it is a once only treatment and is performed by Consultant Plastic Surgeons including theater assistants. The cost should include consultation, treatment, dressings, aftercare products, follow ups and aftercare.

ReCell is currently going through FDA approval in America and should be approved by the first quarter of 2013

Also, I am not spamming I am informing and educating people as ReCell does improve scars, burns, non active vitiligo, self harm scars, hypertrophic scars and is also being used in vascular cases and I believe that it is the next revolution in skin regeneration!

Sorry but I have a hard time believing it will be effective to a point that it can be called a "revolution". Improvement is wonderful but I spoke to someone once when I got lasered and he said that certain types of lasers e.g. only give you a 1% to 3% improvement which isn't worth the trouble and he therefore didn't offer that to his patients.

You can say that something "improves" something but can it improve something to the point where someone can finally let it go mentally as their skin has been given an appearance that can be described as normal?

Can you say it improves people's scarring to a point where it's worth spending a rediculous amount of money on?

You say "Yeah it's a lot of money but e.g. the price includes the dressings.". Since when are dressings that expensive? You mention dressings as if they are a considerable part of the price else I assume you wouldn't have.

How on Earth do all the things you mention add up to a price of no less than 2500 Pounds? E.g. what are you charging for a consultation?

Also the fact that it is a once only thing (which may or may not end up having been worth the money, time and recovery period) doesn't make it any less expensive...

Edited by Lapis lazuli
2 people like this