Photo

26 Year Old Girl Post Bcp Regimen Log

birth control pill diane 35 acne regimen acne.org regimen hormonal acne cheek acne sensitive skin gluten makeup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
63 replies to this topic

#61 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:31 AM

Your pictures comparison looked great by the way Posted Image
You are getting good results, and there is improvement whether you see them or not!Posted Image

***And also aren't you happy that you posted the picture? The comments do really keep you going!!!!!!!!

Edited by thereisalwayshope, 12 August 2012 - 07:35 AM.

#62 Amanda renea

Amanda renea

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:59 AM

Hey Mystory,
Amanda here, yes I am off BCP now and have been for two months. The first month was fine, the second month was when the acne showed up, grrrr. Of course the nurse at my OBGYN told me if I wanted to clear this up just to go back on the pill (hello, there is a reason I got off it in the first place). My period has returned, yet my face and also my right arm have cystic acne. I have been taking vitamins, putting coconut oil on my face every night and also drinking ACV. Today I seemed to notice my cysts have lessoned, as if there is nothing inside most of them, but the discoloration on my skin is horrible. Who knows if it is actually going away. Is there a reason you didn't want to take the natural hormones? I'm so sorry that the evening primose oil didn't work for you.
Also, I checked out your pictures and I do see an improvement! Keep it up girl!
It makes me so mad that physicians don't tell you about these side affects of going off the pill - that is not right!
Keep your updates coming!
Amanda

#63 mystory

mystory

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

UPDATE LONG OVER DUE!!!

Hi everyone,

I've come back to update.

I've seen that thereisalwayshope is doing great, and that warms my heart.

Unfortunately for me, the regimen did not work.

Here's why: my skin is way too sensitive and even weeks into it, it was read and peeling and it seemed to have aggravated my acne by irritating my skin.

I have to say though that I love the cleanser and the moisturizer (which I use as a body and hand lotion) and have re-purchased many times. However BP is simply not the solution for me.

I'm still looking for a cure or long term treatment and believe me, when I find it I will DOCUMENT IT for everyone here.

I'm approaching my issue with a holistic approach now, how to fix the inside to get better on the outside.

Topicals simply do not work for me.

I'm not going to lie, I've even considered accutane at this point, but have decided that I will NOT give in to that after researching the terrible life-altering damages that go along with it.

My next step is to get blood work done to try and understand what is wrong on the inside.

I will be back when I have it figured out. I promise.

Sending you all my support.

Mystory XO

#64 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:59 PM

UPDATE LONG OVER DUE!!!

Hi everyone,

I've come back to update.

I've seen that thereisalwayshope is doing great, and that warms my heart.

Unfortunately for me, the regimen did not work.

Here's why: my skin is way too sensitive and even weeks into it, it was read and peeling and it seemed to have aggravated my acne by irritating my skin.

I have to say though that I love the cleanser and the moisturizer (which I use as a body and hand lotion) and have re-purchased many times. However BP is simply not the solution for me.

I'm still looking for a cure or long term treatment and believe me, when I find it I will DOCUMENT IT for everyone here.

I'm approaching my issue with a holistic approach now, how to fix the inside to get better on the outside.

Topicals simply do not work for me.

I'm not going to lie, I've even considered accutane at this point, but have decided that I will NOT give in to that after researching the terrible life-altering damages that go along with it.

My next step is to get blood work done to try and understand what is wrong on the inside.

I will be back when I have it figured out. I promise.

Sending you all my support.

Mystory XO

At least you came back to us ;) 

Let us know about your journey, I may be clear, but I started this journey with you and would be happier if you could also be clear along with me because i know you are an amazing person :)